Tree of Savior Forum

We need a playerbase representative

I nominate @Uterus to be community representative :joy:

1 Like

I have a little experience with a similar kind of idea to this and a few things to say:

It’s horribly stressful on the players to be involved with such a thing; every community member has their own agenda/perceives others to have their own agenda in such a way that this would only work as a group - and even then, harassment and disagreement would ensue.

It requires a dedicated amount of communication between staff and playerbase, it’s essentially an unpaid CM position.

Involvement in the game can’t be too deep or too casual, there’s a fine line to walk between having knowledge and having a conflict of interests.

I believe there’s great benefits to having the playerbase able to talk to the community, but wading through all of that information and making it usable is a CM job. If a CM should chose to have contacts that are more succinct in their words and give laid out reasons and explanations for what they put forward that’s great, but it’s still on the CM to do that.

Online game playerbases tend to be quite immature and capable of crossing the line and unless the representatives were protected by the company, the whole initiative would fail. If they’re anon they don’t gather the same kind of trust (and distrust) as a known player would… they may as well be staff at that point.

It may be better to have a well moderated area of communication if people feel their concerns aren’t being met as needed.

Just speaking from my own experiences here tho. Feel free to flame or whatnot, it could be different elsewhere than what I’ve gotten used to and observed.

Thanks, that was actually the most insightful con argument I’ve seen all day :slight_smile:

Anybody else have thoughts on the matter?

Lol what?

How did… why do… what? I’m so confused right now.

I am kind of honored you actually mentioned me tho, but seriously :dizzy_face:

Because best username

I think we’re losing traction here. I guess it’s time to make a pro vs con list? So far we have no candidates (or criteria for that matter), shifting pros and cons, and the staff is still silent.

For the record, I do not support weird hypocritical psychopaths.

Well of course you’ve lost traction! The people have already spoken! Take your picket rally elsewhere! I’ve got a community to run!

I thought I said no weird little psychopaths!

Big talk for someone who CLEARLY is not welcome here. Go back to your own thread and take my name out of it, and nobody elected you except yourself. A true representative is someone who was elected and voted by the majority, not insisting on unpopular opinions, is always on an IMPARTIAL basis, not cussing and causing a racket.

Listen sir…

This is a community of free speech. If you dare try to impede my fellow citizens freedom of expression on this forum, you’ll have yourself a one-way ticket to brunch with the Commander of Load Fail.

Pity, I’ve played since Day 1 of early access, and my alter ego played since the first day of iCBT2, and I never had the honor of meeting Commander Load Fail, what a shame. I’ve only met with Mistress Disconnected From Server. I bested you once in a debate and exposed you as nothing but a sham, and I can do it again. Go bask in the 50+ likes you have in your own thread and for goddess’ sake leave my name out of it! I do not wish to be associated with weird hypocritical psychopaths in any way or form.

TL;DR: Leave. This. Thread.

If anyone else has anything that ACTUALLY contributes to this discussion, you are all welcome.

In fact, I’ll do it right now:[quote=“Zipzo, post:89, topic:251221”]
Take your picket rally elsewhere! I’ve got a community to run!
[/quote]

Wow, and then you said:

Not only have you shown how hypocritical you are by trying to suppress me, but you have further debased your own legitimacy as someone to have even the right to be a rep. You have your supporters, go to them, but clearly I am not one of them and you are not welcome here until you fix that attitude problem of yours. I rarely ever call someone out directly because public blaming is just sick, but you’re the exception.

Salty weird psychopaths are not welcome here. I only want a constructive discussion.

Okay, after a lot of deliberation, here are the pro vs cons.

Pros:

• Increased chances of being heard if approved by IMC

• It has worked before in some games, like LaTale, apparently.

• If done in a group, could potentially be effective to address problems per server.

Cons:

• Stressful and thankless, because voluntary and playerbase could lean towards toxicity

• Risk of banning, or being paid off, even if allowed by IMC

• Requires long amounts of dedication if few or individual, also runs risk of personal bias

Criteria so far (still thinking on it and will elaborate in future):

• Not a troll, bait, derailer, or psychopath

• Not self-nominated, for obvious reasons.

• Objective and impartial as much as possible (must always speak in neutral tone and diplomatic, even when under pressure from both IMC and playerbase)

• People-person, obviously. In addition to being respected by the community.

Reforms I would like proposed by the rep (this is a personal opinion and us such may or may not reflect anybody else’s; I’m just putting them here for future reference to propose to a rep and the community IF we ever elect one):

• Skeleton crew for weekend

• Pinned threads in bug reports for common problems so people would not have to make new threads every so often

• Revised chat filter! I can’t even say “class” which is just strange considering we want to consult and talk to our friends about which one is bad or good, what’s cookie cutter and what’s not.

IMC’s current silence (barring the announcements on the main site and some automated responses) has been nothing short of unnerving, especially since it damages consumer relations…I hope they come back soon…

If anybody has anything to suggest to the pro or con side of the list, or the criteria, feel free to write it here, just cut the trolling and baiting.

Thankfully I’m here to bridge that gap! Please direct all concerns to the community review thread located here! Have a nice day!

I’m so thankful to have been born so ready to represent this community :slight_smile:

Flagged as off-topic.

Back on topic, well guys, I guess this means the discussion is concluded?

Conclusion: up in the air.

We need more data and case studies to think this through.

1 Like

Conclusion: Zipzo!

Thank you so much everyone for your support, especially you @think-of-name-later, I couldn’t have mustered the strength to take the job without your encouragement!

Flagged as inappropriate.

Xellie (don’t reply because confidentiality, and yes your haters can target me for knowing and supporting you and I would not care; they can go to hell like that b!tch), if you’re reading this, you were right about the cancer thing. I never should’ve begun this without vetting out the tumors and carcinoma -.-

Okay guys, as far as I am concerned, this discussion is temporarily closed until we have further case studies supporting or negating this proposal.

1 Like

I’ll never forget the endless flowing support! It’s what keeps me going and has me being motivated to be the best community representative I can be.

I promise, your words will be heard through me. I’m proud to represent you.

Flagged as off-topic.

So, the hypocritical little psychopath noticed that things in his little thread were not going well as he thought he would, and came here with a trollish response clearly wanting to be exposed as a sham for the THIRD TIME by the very same person, hm?

Enough of this.

As far as I’m concerned, this discussion is CLOSED UNTIL a case study or first-hand example has been presented. I have evidence of CM/Moderator negligence and incompetency from Ragnarok by someone who cares very much for the game to the point of being an unofficial representative, but as of this moment I am waiting for another LEGITIMATE, serious player with positive repute to post another case or sample from a different game. Could those who suggested such an example from LaTale show screenshots or links please?

1 Like

Are you deaf? The people made their decision days ago! You’re beating a dead horse, mate.

Don’t worry so much, I’ll make sure I cover the right issues. Have some faith. Maybe you can one day too become a Jedi.