Tree of Savior Forum

We need a playerbase representative

Yeah, I can see that happening. It’s rare that companies are willing to open themselves to a player-based representative in the first place. It only works if the community, the “representatives”, and the GMs themselves really want to do it.

Wow, I go take care of physiological needs and this is what happens. At least it didn’t derail. Okay, so there are a lot more cons than pros, I can acknowledge that, because this was at least a constructive discussion with very little troll bait and weird psychopaths.

I was eating my meal and realized that I know 2 people who would be good for the job, but the problem is they’re both still too dedicated to Ragnarok Online to just jump ship, and one of them is reviled by the community of her server because she “cares too much” and goes against management’s ideas of “reforms” that she’s been subjected to threats and been far too jaded by gaming communities. And even if on an astronomically low scale they both accept, I (and the rest of the community) will have to keep reminding them that this is not Ragnarok Online so that they won’t slowly unconsciously post ideas and reforms that will indeed turn this into an RO copy instead of its own game…

Maybe this was a bad idea…hmm…:anguished:

+1
//20 characters…

Almost everything you want a representative to do is exactly what Julie did. Just that she cared way too much about us and way too little about the intentions of her korean employer. If korean companies are similar to japanese ones, then Julie crossed the border of whats tolerable and what not just too many times. Only to help us, that is.

So IMC will most likely hire a new CM soon to fill that spot. But they will remind him to keep a distance to the playerbase (unlike Julie).

Its ironically paradox that the kind of CM whos highly popular with the playerbase, is getting loathed by the company…

1 Like

Didn’t like the idea in the first place,but this is even worse.A rep should be all about the game the playerbase they’re representing is playing.Not something else.

I already mentioned what I disliked in better detail over in that other thread you caused to appear.

That’s why I said “the problem is” because I was discouraged by their prospects. Focus. As far as I know they can’t leave that game completely because of “First MMO Syndrome” which I totally understand.

I have nothing to do with that hypocritical little psychopath, and the reason he made his own thread is probably because: I bested him in a debate and exposed him as a sham, I forbade weird psychopaths from posting here, and I discouraged self-nominations. Frankly, I’m quite sorry he even dared to mention me. I wish nothing to do with him since I already have a lot to deal with in iRO with that b!tchy guild leader and trying to stamp her guild out from even setting foot here.

Melon, if you have any contributions to mention, even con ones, then by all means, I respectfully welcome you to post them here. I’m already weighing the pros and cons and I conceded that there might be more negative impact to the representatives themselves as well as the playerbase due to risk of inciting salt wars.

If you’re talking about me in this post I’m super confused because I have no idea what you’re referring to lol. Also…“hypocritical little psychopath”? Sheesh, man. Why don’t we chill for a second, lol.

I do appreciate your support and I’ll serve you proudly!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thank you.I suppose I just read that post,saw that you were the source and got a little ticked.But you aren’t at fault and didn’t intend for that kind of result,so I apologize for that.

I mentioned it the other day in a different thread,but I would be all for a group of volunteers rather than one person.It would be [for now at least,until things settle] mostly a position to act as support and answer tickets,but individuals who really go the extra mile could maybe see their role expanded.I won’t re-type everything I said [too late and I’m about to go to bed],but I explained ways to minimize the applicant/search process and how it’d take a decent amount of work/stress off of IMC so they can focus on other things.

by IMC

4 Likes

breathes in and out trying to be really patient

The psychopath I had in mind displayed previous behaviors that have not only disassembled his legitimacy as someone to be taken seriously, but also exposed as the sort of person who will never recant their mistakes and show disregard for other people’s feelings. That is exactly not what I am looking for in a rep. Not only has that little weird psychopath incited forum drama that span a total of 2 weeks, but also he has made it known that he is sexist (SJW, really?), inconsiderate (really, explaining away his cusses and then claiming it’s fair game while also saying otherwise that he never called someone a certain thing when in fact he has and was shown evidence for it yet still mock them), and unprofessional. If that hypocrite wants his circle reset and such so much, then make a poll and list the pros and cons, and take the flames in stride with grace, not preempting insults. That is what a true rep would do, take consensus, not attack anyone who disagrees!

I will relent that he did write a detailed article, but there is a huge risk of bias because of his inconsiderate behavior.

She…either left or was retired early.

I wholeheartedly agree with the group proposal. Maybe 5-10 per server? But the problem now is the feasibility.

Well we certainly don’t want anything like Cinnamod from the WP forums. Don’t get me wrong (s)he is great at being professional about it despite it all being voluntary, but (s)he’s too much of WP’s pet, and noticed her/him sweeping some issues under the rug.

They could start on the lower end to see how it does,and add more if needed.

One of the issues doing this anytime soon would be that someone on IMC’s end [or a current staff member] would have to show volunteers how to work everything.That takes time,which they at least seem to lack.They for sure lack staff as is.But after that,it would become minimal assuming everyone did a good job with it.

I, for one, would love to see them suggest a skeleton crew every weekend for starters. But you’re right, we need to think this through, and how do we even vet who is right for the job? We can’t just say “must be professional” because professional is subjective.

1 Like

Ho man, this post sort of shows that you have some personal issues, my dude.

It’s really not that complicated. I’m a family man! Beautiful wife and an awesome son. I ain’t the devil.

That above post just screams of bait…everyone else, please do not bite and return to contributing. O Deive, what have I done?

This is the reason why I discourage self-nominations. I myself am subjective and don’t want to be petty and vain about it. Not only that, but I even resorted to an ad hominem (no matter how true it is) even if I did not mention names or use the second person conjugates.

Should someone bring a staff member in this discussion or not? Would they even say anything because they’re very silent.

We really need some more examples here, like, excerpts from other games that have done it and what are their results…

I nominate @Uterus to be community representative :joy:

1 Like