Tree of Savior Forum

Warning: Do Not Buy TP - The TP "Fraud"

@Aoi_Kanashi It really isn’t his responsibility to do something that’d benefit everyone, though. On top of which, he’s a new player.

@Nekorin Having hidden factors regarding the automated(?) removal of TP limits is fine, no one wants to fully disclose how they track botters and such. But there really needs to be a ‘bypass’ method (such as what Steam does). Reasonable large spenders understand that there needs to be some additional security regarding lump sum transactions.

which is why we’re here to discuss the subject matter and use this scenario to appeal in improving this aspect of the service

we’re just asking OP’s understanding so that this wouldn’t look like some immature rant of a spoiled customer whom we are all better off without with

though for me, providing a notification regarding the TP limit in the store is enough

@mrpaytowin For new accounts, removing the TP limit usually takes some time as we need to verify everything through Valve’s payment department. But to speed up the process we will continue to check with Steam (Valve) to verify your account.

However, if you feel that the wait is too long and would still like to request a refund, please do so through Steam as they handle all payment transactions.

6 Likes

Personally, a rather reasonable solution would be quite similar to the one given by Steam’s Community Market for new credit cards.

1. Provide a visible ‘end date’ regarding the limit.
  2. Provide an alternate method to lift the limit without waiting for the ‘end date’ (Manual credit card verification, in Steam’s case).

For Steam’s automated limit removal, I believe it was 2 months (Which I found out quite a while later).

@STAFF_Letitia Does that mean my assumption is correct? The verification process -is- quite similar (or even the same as) the one used for Steam (Valve)'s community market? If our card is considered verified by Steam, we would pass IMC’s check as well? If so, I would use it as my reply for any future posts on TP limits.

6 Likes

My whole point is that one doesn’t need to harrass Staff members in just about every platform one can think of.

We get it, you want to spend a crapton in this game. Complaining about it will not help, being unprofessional with dealing with it more so.

1 Like

All you guys and girls need to learn how to make proper good and important post. How new are you? Like really what the hug. Its like you ppl post the first time and expect anyone to read your super important posts, but that’s not gonna work unless you learn how to post.

:haha:

2 Likes

@w@ thought reading the bold texts has a secret message to it

now im all dizzy @w@;;;

*tries reading the unbold texts to see if there’s a secret message

gets twice as dizzy than before :tired:

*tries to read both versions vertically just in case
:tired:

That looks like a markov spam bot.

Or an idiot.

I’d be nice and assume the former.

1 Like

well at least we get some insight on how cases such as this works the next time we see someone (properly) asking how it works =w=b

thought i do think providing a notif in the steam shop can prevent this from happening

Nah just each 2nd and random crap, didnt know what to write… ‘fun’ about… :hey:

1 Like

I rather support your game because, as I said, I like it. I just feel as if you have mistreated a new player and penalized them.

I understand this game got smashed by bots and fraud in the beginning and you’ve done a good job trying to fight it off.

But the enemy is fraud and bots. Not brand new players who want to enjoy your game. All you had to do was ask for a drivers license or credit card verification and I would happily send it.

I know you are working on the mobile version of Tree of Savior. You’ve been hiring for that.

I can tell you this: the pay to win player base that you need to make mobile games work won’t tolerate this sort of behavior for a second.

So, figure out some way to fight bots and fraud and don’t penalize real people who want to enjoy your game. The population in this game is tanking fast. This sort of mistreatment of new players is probably the reason. I see a lot of people complaining about this issue and nothing has been done about it

4 Likes

The TP limit is to avoid credit card fraud, yet again it doesnt make sense since you can still buy them. Lmao.

they’re waiting for steam to respond regarding your verification as they said earlier’w’/

@Aoi_Kanashi The issue here is that we do not know what the verification is based on.

If the verification from Steam is based on their Community Marketplace credit card verification (per my first post), then there is no point in re-sending the checks if your credit card is not verified there. It will continue to be rejected until the card is verified on Steam (Valve)'s end.

This is very true.

As I have said in my previous posts, most people have no issues with sending additional verification. It is when we get ‘please wait’ replies without any details as to what is required, or what steps we can take to fulfill the requirement, is where frustration and table-flipping steps in.

:tired:

Isn’t there an old saying in ToS that to fix any kind of problems all you need to do is just buy more TP? So did you try buying another 1800 TP?

1 Like

In another game, I ran into a similar issue, to force my way I made a copy of my real ID , official paper from bank and where I live too to e mail them. It’s pretty obvious it will never work with a korean video game company in this case.
It was on me but it convinced them instantly xD

Based on my experience, the…

is the perfect reply for irate customers. Because the more you tell them what you’re doing, the more they will ask and do things on their own and makes things worst.

The OP was never wrong to complaint about this. But it is very wrong to pay $230.00 for a game you’ve played for days without checking the TP SHOP. Why are you rushing to get your 1800 TP?

I understand your sentiment and i agree on what you have said about the lack of info on purchasing TP and spending limit. But the Staff already said to wait for few days and they will remove your TP restriction. It’s a good thing right? I’d get mad too if they keep replying a templated responses too. But they made exception for you.

No need to rush man. With your 300TP, just buy a token and level your character while waiting for the feedback. It’s out of IMC’s hand and they are also waiting for the feedback from valve. I know it sucks but enjoy the game first and send them a barrage of complain if it still not resolved after a week or 2. Hahahaa.

1 Like

The best answer should be laeticia cubes in the case he cannot buy them before it ends.
If he knows some players already maybe he is using already a token (with help) rather than spend so much tp for that.

It’s now a full week that I paid for something and they refuse to let me use the product I paid for.

The active players base shrinks every month. It’s becauss of how they treat real customers.

What’s funny is that it’s like a self fulfilling prophecy. Their main concern is chargebacks.

A chargeback from your credit card issuer gives you a refund when you’ve been wronged in a transaction and the retailer won’t give you back your money.

Assuming you first try to resolve the problem by going directly to the merchant, the following are all relevant reasons for chargebacks:

You didn’t receive an item ordered,

Relevant reason for chargeback number one…

You did not receive the time ordered.

This company fights chargebacks by earning itself more chargebacks. Lol.

Just another problem intensified by the lack of transparency and empathy by IMC brick wall support.

(JK, really hope your TP problems get resolved)