Tree of Savior Forum

Warning: Do Not Buy TP - The TP "Fraud"

Warning: Do Not Purchase TP - This Game Will Scam You

I purchased 1800 TP, and I later discovered I am unable to spend it due to a TP Spend Limit.

There is no mention of this TP spend limit on their Steam Cart page. There is no mention of this TP spend limit before you claim your TP.

Now, they will not refund my TP purchase, and will not let me spend the TP I purchased.

The reason?

Greetings Savior,

This is a follow up to your concern.

We would like to inform you that according to your Steam purchase data, we will be unable to remove the monthly spending limit on your account, kindly contact us again after your recent purchase for another verification.

Should you have any further concern, feel free to contact us again, and we will gladly help in any way we can.

Regards,

Tree of Savior Support Team

I am a new steam player. I have never played on Steam before, until Tree of Savior. I found Tree of Savior because someone was streaming it on Twitch and I wanted to try it out.

Now they are letting people buy TP but wonā€™t let them spend the TP? And they wonā€™t let people refund the TP after they purchased it?

2 Likes

I do agree IMC need some way to highlight to new players with new Steam accounts on the monthly spending limit imposed on their accounts. An in game notification perhaps?

What you can do now is to slowly consume the TP as the monthly limit resets and attempt to file for a monthly TP limit removal again after a couple of months.

3 Likes

Just do a chargeback.

Hi, welcome to the club

How to resolve:

and

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4530-wroa-3278

Why is there no official post regarding this matter? Heck if I know.

1 Like

Hello @mrpaytowin,

We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. As you may already know, weā€™ve placed TP spending limits on new Steam accounts to prevent fraudulent activity. For more information about this [please click here] for the announcement.

I would be more than happy to review your account details again to see if we are able to release your spending limit and, once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

When its about TP, there are glad t o review. Iā€™ve lost Five Lv7 gems last year. Have send more than 10 tickets, with videos, print and etcā€¦ the last ticket was never reply.

If i were you, i would request a recharge and play another game.

1 Like

Your apology doesnā€™t mean anything. You are committing fraud in an effort to fight fraud.

When I purchased the TP, there is no mention of the fact that there is a TP spend limit.

When I claimed the TP from my account - the part where it says, if you claim this now, you canā€™t refund, there is no mention of TP spend limit.

Then, when I try to use it, Iā€™m told, Iā€™m given a TP spend limit.

This makes no sense.

I undersetand you have an announcement buried on your website. But I am a NEW Tree of Savior Player. I am also new to Steam.

I played Black Desert Online for a while, but I was looking for a new game to play. I saw someone playing this game on Twitch, and even though I donā€™t really like Steam, I thought, ā€œAh, this looks like fun. Iā€™ll get it!ā€

Iā€™m one of those people who likes to support the developers of games I play. So, when I downloaded the game, I immediately purchased the things I could purchase. I was having fun. I enjoyed the game.

Now, 3-4 days after I started playing, your support has been atrocious. No one explains anything. They keep sending me back ā€œtemplatedā€ responses.

To be honest with you - this is why this game is dead. Iā€™m a new player. Iā€™m happy to be here. Iā€™m happy to spend money to support the game. And thenā€¦ you slam the door in my face.

Is this how you treat new players???

8 Likes

IMC are a bit new to this. They overstep to fight against fraud activity and by doing so hurt legit players. I hope they answer you on this thread and enable TP spending for you.

1 Like

Look, I understand the need to fight fraud. Fraud is bad. And some people take advantage of honest companies like Tree of Savior.

But the way they treat legit paying customers is atrocious. Itā€™s really the worst I have ever seen.

Even when I asked them about it, they respond with absolutely no information. They said:

"Greetings Savior,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We will forward this report to the proper department for verification. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding while this is on-going.

If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Tree of Savior Support Team"

No information about how long it will take.

No information about whatā€™s being considered.

I even followed upā€¦

ā€œI assume this is an anti fraud measure. Are you going to need any material from me that I can provide in advance? Id? Info? etc?ā€

ANd of course, they donā€™t respond in an appropriate time frame.

I filed my first ticket on Saturday. They made me wait several days for a response. I find this hilarious becuase they responded to a public forum post in about an hour.

To be honest with youā€¦

Iā€™m surprised anyone would risk wasting their time on this game. These people treat legit customers like absolute trash. Itā€™s so bad that I do not believe this game stands any chance of ā€œlasting.ā€

Iā€™m sitting here. Iā€™m excited to play this game. And Iā€™m about to delete and uninstall it because I feel as if they scammed me. They committed fraud.

I donā€™t even want a refund. I want them to lift my TP spend limit. I will spend my TP with a smile on my face and iā€™ll buy more. They need to do the right thing.

4 Likes

How do you expect new players to stumble upon this announcement?

They donā€™t.

They are fighting fraud by committing fraud and they refuse to fix the problem. I just posted a thread on Reddit Tree of Saviour if you can post some support.

They donā€™t really pay attention to the subreddit tbh, I dont think I have ever seen a member of staff post there.

They seem to read stuff here. But I am already reaching out to my contacts in Steam to alert them to this horrible practice.

With the Steam Market, they wonā€™t let you spend money until youā€™re approved.

Here, they let you spend as much money as you wantā€¦ and then hold back the product with no warning. This is 100% inappropriate and itā€™s consumer fraud.

1 Like

Making a brand new Steam account to play an MMO is kind of a red flag to them, but it was a choice you made.

If you have literally no purchase history on Steam, you look like just another bot/goldseller throwaway account.

It sucks, because legitimately new players get punished, but honestly the method should be to not even let you purchase the TP in the first place.

Yeah do a chargeback so you just get banned outright, great idea.

2 Likes

The point being presented here is the lack of transparency/communication to new accounts. It is unreasonable for the staff to link some obscure announcement stating ā€˜as you may already knowā€™

Yeah, no. There is no way a new player is going to already know this exists. Now if it is right there in the steam purchase window stating ā€˜you will only be able to use 300 TP total until your account is verifiedā€™, then OK.

1 Like

Iā€™m verified and still canā€™t get this thing lifted. Iā€™m new to steam as iā€™ve never played any games trhough steam, if there is a method I can go through to get this relieved let me know please.

Please read my post. You did not read.

I did not make a brand new steam account to play an MMO.

I have never played on Steam ever before. I am a new gamer. The only other game i played was BLack Desert Online, and I played direct, not through steam.

When I saw the Twitch streamer streaming this game, I decided to download steam for the first time everā€¦ and try it out.

I am a new gamer. They are making a new gamer not interested in their game because of their horrible support.

I am eagerly awaiting your response.

It is clear that I am not a bot. And I am not committing fraud. Please help me lift the TP spend limit. Right now the only person who is committing fraud is Tree of Savior.

I purchased a lot of TP. You are not letting me spend it, but you let me keep buying it.

On this page:

There is no mention of a TP spend limit. You let me purchase it multiple times, and I continue to purchase it, but you continue to not let me spend it.

THIS IS FRAUD.

So, please remove the TP spend limit and let me enjoy the game. As you can see, I am not a BOT.

1 Like

I didnā€™t make a new steam account for an MMO. I downloaded Steam for the first time, and now Iā€™m ready to delete this game and steam. Tree of Savior is giving steam a bad name.

I suggest you reread mine again, because itā€™s clear that I read yours and that you did not understand mine.

Iā€™m also a little curious as to why, as a new gamer, you decided to drop $200 on the second MMO you ever played. Cause thatā€™s awfully optimistic, to say the least.