Tree of Savior Forum

Warning: Do Not Buy TP - The TP "Fraud"

Your analogy doesn’t make sense.

They should not allow you to make a purchase you can’t use. If yes, they should offer you a refund. So, I am stuck in limbo.

I paid for something that I can’t use and they won’t refund it.

You must be a paid shill from IMC games or something. The fact that you think this is okay is amazing to me.

Dude, stop trying answer this white knights, even if imc kills everyone and their family, they will protect imc. This game has seriously issurs that do not resolve because of them. “Everything is beautiful and fine here in hell”

it’s not like you can’t use it forever, it just takes time

again, your being immature with all these “theories” of yours

well there is a fault in imc’s part on not providing these information beforehand. but what we’re trying to do here is asking OP for some understanding

unlike you, who just seems to seek conflict with your name-calling and such

We’ll have to disagree here. This isn’t nonsense from OP’s mindset.

The limitations regarding TP expenditure were not clearly stated from the beginning. He isn’t being immature.

To put it in ingame terms, it would be you buying a cosmetic, and them telling you that you can only wear half of it, until they are sure you won’t refund it.

Or, say, you taking a loan from the bank for a house, and the bank only giving you 50% of the money, and telling you hey, we will only give the other 50% required for you to buy your house after you make several monthly payments.

I -can- see OP’s irritation at this limit, because I faced the same issue. I waited for a -month-.

Edit: I do defend IMC on some of their decisions, but this limitation is one thing that I find ridiculous.

5 Likes

I paid for something 6 days ago and they are not letting me use it. Me wanting to be able to use what i purchased is immature? Are you crazy? This is 100% consumer fraud.

They won’t give me a time limit. They won’t give me anything. They are forcing me to file a chargeback on every single purchase I made and delete the game. This makes ZERO SENSE. Why would they want to scare away a new player like this?

http://steamcharts.com/app/372000#1y

Look at the steam chart. The player base is dying every single day. They are not doing themselves any favors.

you misunderstood, the nonsense i am saying pertains to OP’s POV of the process, not my POV towards OP’s opinion

exhibit A

exhibit B

what is immature from you is that despite all the reasoning and action that has been made without breaking their own rules

you still sound as unreasonable and fraudulent as your topic title is

OP isn’t wrong, though.

The ‘determining whether its a real transaction’ period needs to be shorter. Waaay shorter.

I waited for a -month- before filing my request to have the TP limit removed, and it was still ‘under review’.

No other digital purchase on the market has this limitation. Valve themselves provide a manual authentication method to remove their Community Market transaction limits (See my post near the start of the thread). There needs to be an actual method for you to manually raise or remove this limit without waiting.

I reiterate: He is not being unreasonable.

Edit: Just…some information for you and any others who don’t know.

When it comes to people who are willing to throw a couple hundred down on a game, play it for a month, laugh, and toss it aside, this kind of impatience is -standard-. He is already being rather reasonable, some others I know would instantly chargeback without even bothering to file a support ticket.

Edit2: @raikoseifuu I waited a month, still got a ‘please wait’ reply.

Edit3: @Aoi_Kanashi Special treatment? No one else on the market has a limit. We are the ones who have ‘special’ treatment.

1 Like

Just wait two weeks… Two weeks pass faster than you imagine.

Edit: By the way, I have no idea of how the limit thing works… but, if there´s nothing to do for now, it´s better to wait.

He’s not wrong, but he is in fact being unreasonable. He’s the kind of customer most companies just part ways with because they’re too much trouble to bother with. They said they were looking into it, but he continues to spam replies and is even calling them, Steam, everyone. You can’t harass people and treat them poorly, and expect them to do what you want instantly just because you’re throwing money at them. You become a sunk cost eventually.

6 Likes

unreasonable by that i mean OP wants a special treatment only for himself, while we can always make this topic as a means of appeal to correct this issue in general for everyone

I posted today. Yes. They aren’t looking into it. They are telling me to wait for no determined amount of time. And refuse to refund my purchase. They scammed me. Naturally, after a week of 100% patience, i’m frustrated with them. They are doing the wrong thing here. All they have to do is do the right thing.

They are selling something without disclosing the limit. T hey are taking peoples money. This is fraud. And I will go out of my way so everyone who even thinks about playing this game knows it.

The staff has already requested OP to wait a few more days and they will lift the restriction. They offered a resolution, do give them some leeway and time to resolve the issue.

With regards to why the limitation in the first place.

• It is very easy to create a new steam account
  • It is easy to purchase DLC for in game items in Steam, quickly spend it and transfer the items to another account. File a chargeback via the bank then abandon the former account.

There isn’t a way for IMC to control the number new accounts for the game until they decide to come up with their own authenication system. Hence as a stop measure they have to impose a TP spending limit for new accounts so as to “cut their losses” and to deter such friendly fraud.

It was so bad previously without any TP limit that we see the following system announcement every few hours during the period when silver chests were in the Letitica cubes.

"dlsijgkl has won the 10 million silver chest"

When you see gibberish, bot like names winning a TP lottery…

8 Likes

@Veldt the fact that he keeps making it looked like he got robbed and threats to spread his obscured story is exactly what @Csiko describe as problematic

@mrpaytowin what is the right thing in this scenario? just listening to your demands and just disregard the rules they set on everyone?

@Nekorin To be frank, that is an issue with Steam. Which is also why they have the manual removal of community market limits (See my post at start).

@Aoi_Kanashi He’s more impatient than I am, but I almost went on a rampage myself. I had the same ‘please wait’ reply after one month. Thank goodness I have access to a second account registered long ago at launch to lift the limit. The ‘right thing’ to do now is to provide a manual authentication method (just like the steam community market verification). And just let him spend his money.

1 Like

The right thing is simple. Either let me use what i purchased or refund it.

you fail to see that it is a rhetorical question though ‘w’;;

@Veldt which i hope we can use this post to improve IMC’s service regarding this matter,

but with OP’s attitude i doubt it would effectively progress to that

while i could easily understand OP and your problems, OP doesn’t seem to see the whole picture and just wants his case solved with a special treatment, rather than using this as an opportunity that benefits everyone, not only the players but also IMC

Yeah, and sadly ToS is using Steam as its distribution platform, and it inherits the problems the platform comes with. That’s a great post btw. Can get Palemoon in the tos reddit to add it to the New and returning players sticky.

Sometimes I wish that IMC can be more transparent in saying what factors they look at to release the TP limit. But there is also the problem of potential fraudsters finding loopholes when the criteria is publicised.

i k r… when you publicize that you give stuff to people you consider as friends… everyone suddenly becomes your friend… just for the free stuff…