Tree of Savior Forum

Warning: Do Not Buy TP - The TP "Fraud"

IMC can put the spending limit info on the store page where you buy TP. They can also add the info on the main page and can add that info in all those info pop ups u get whenever you load up a new map in game.

Or better yet, restrict the amount you can buy. Point is, there are more measures IMC can take instead of only telling you you have a limit right when you check out the items in the cash shop. They’ll let you buy all the TP for sure tho.

3 Likes

Both of these are good suggestions. And honestly I don’t think the TP limit really ends up reducing abuse.

1 Like

I paid for something, and they refuse to let me use what I paid for. They also refuse to refund it. I basically walked into a store, bought a sandwich, and the guy behind the counter is telling me, “ill give you the sandwich in 2 months.” This is ridiculous.

Honestly, I feel this is one of the biggest issues in trying to get new players.

300 TP really isn’t a lot.

Either the limit needs to be increased, or the verification requirements or steps needs to be told to us.

@Csiko I know people who will just toss 50-100 dollars down for a new game they’re trying out. No difference whether its the price of the game, or the cash currency (in the case of f2p games). These are the people to whom sub-500 purchases are irrelevant.

And there you go. This is why this game is an absolute ghost town. It’s deader than a door nail. And its never going to get better because they have these dumb policies that scare away new players.

Here i am. I dropped $230.00 on this game. And they refuse to let me use any of the purchases because of this dumb TP limit that they didn’t disclose on the purchase page. An dnow they refuse to lift the TP spend limit even though i already spent money on purchases.

If they do not lift the limit before Friday, plus provide some sort of compensation for my headache, ILl be charging back the purchases and deleting the game.

They successfully scared off a new player who just got the game… who is happy to pay to support the game… all because I’m a new player.

Hello @mrpaytowin,

I apologize for the delay but I am still reviewing your account details and our Support Team will contact you after the process is complete.

For anyone else who still has a TP restriction on their account, please make sure to send in a Support Ticket. We constantly review these requests and remove the restrictions when certain qualifications are fulfilled.

Finally, I do appreciate the feedback everyone has brought forth through this thread and I will pass it on to our team. :smiley:

2 Likes

I have spent a few hudnred dollars on this game already. I am clearly not a bot. Please remove the TP limit or I must delete the game and file a chargeback. I plan to file a complaint on steam tonight if you don’t fix this.

So, I just called your office. I spoke to someone in accounting, and they told me they would alert the GM team. Did you get that email yet?

Once again, thank you for contacting us. And, yes, we did receive your phone call. :blush:

We do understand your concerns and I would like to take a minute to explain to you why we have the restriction in place. As I mentioned earlier it’s to prevent fraudulent charge backs from new steam accounts. One of our conditions for the removal of the restriction is that a certain period of time must pass after a new user’s first TP payment to ensure that the TP will be used appropriately after the period to refund has passed.

We highly request that you wait just a few more days and we would be more than happy to release your TP restriction.

1 Like

This is not appropriate. I purchased the TP so I can use the TP, i claimed the TP, and now you are telling me I can’t use it due to some limit after i claimed it.

I understand your need to prevent chargebacks, but you are preventing me from using the TP i purchased. I will be filing a chargeback if you don’t lift this TP limit. At which point, you will feel like you did a good job. But you didn’t. I am going to charge this back if you don’t lift the TP limit. I purchased something ALMOST A WEEK AGO and you are refusing to let me use my purchase. This is consumer fraud.

Your topic title isn’t as honest either if you ask me, needless to say reasonable ‘w’;

it’s hard to relate to someone who can’t practice what they preach

should i demand back the time i wasted for being deceived by your title?

should i condemn you as a hypocrite for your misconduct?

sounds unreasonable, yes?

that’s what you’re sounding like right now

while all this really need is your share of understanding towards IMC, much like the understanding from everyone being bamboozled of their time reading and responding to this thread

7 Likes

Thanks to black sheeps who abuse charge back we have this mess today.

You are angry . You are confused

But it’s rather weird how a new account spends such a large sum on a first purchase. I believe IMC filters these black sheeps automatically via their system.

On IMC ‘s end they should probably be more transparent about new accounts with huge purchases. A warning or something should help a lot. Perhaps IMC should verify his credentials and properly and allow his TP to be spent . A simple pop up or warning of large purchase would be extremely helpful and prevent such mess. People who spend on impulse and in large quantity do exist in your playerbase , so do take note :frowning:

To OP, IMC is wrong . But perhaps you should take a step back to why this mess occured . Yours is an isolated case and they ar thousands of fake accounts claiming the same cause.

4 Likes

This is a verified credit card on steam. I contacted them, and even spoke to them on the phone.

Putting a notice about the TP Restriction helps a lot.

Acting like a child because you can’t spend a crapton on a game you haven’t even played much, doesn’t.

I understand that this is a huge inconvenience, not just to you, but to other big spenders who want to genuinely spend on the game, but acting immature about it won’t help things.

3 Likes

Yeap seems like all is well now , and they have th intention to release the restrictions as well . Just wait while they do their administrative procedures etc .

If you are really angry and fustrated , take a step back. Think from IMC poV , or you have an online business with 1000 fake purchases who does chargeback in large amounts. Behind the scenes will be tedious and coupious amount of administrative paperwork. Buried among these black sheep is you , a genuine consumer who wasn’t warned about such restrictions as well

Cheers . Have a good day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Immature? Hardly. I bought a lot of TP. They won’t let me spend it. And they won’t refund it. I basically went into a store… bought a sandwich… and they have been keeping me waiting for 5 days… and they keep telling me… “don’t worry! I will let you have your sandwich soon.”

I am not impatient. I have waited for 6 days. Patiently. I only posted this today. After waiting almost a week.

Imagine walking into a store, and buying something. They let you buy it. You buy more. They let you buy it. Then they tell you, “just wait a little bit!” 6 days go by.“Keep waiting. I will give it to you soon.” I asked for a refund since they won’t let me use it. They won’t do that, either.

Again, as I said. This is consumer fraud. I waited for for almost a week. Patiently. They have done nothing. Only today, after 6 days, they told me there is a time limit. On their support, they kept saying “We will review.” And closing the ticket. I would attach a screenshot, but I only posted this here publicly because they ignore the support requests.

1 Like

you should have seen how “patience” is defined by this game’s playerbase OwOb

a touching story, but your case isn’t as black and white as that

yours is more like, thinking you can buy a sandwich from a bread shop just because you paid a heap ton of money or experienced other bread shops that sell sandwiches, while disregarding the culture and issues this particular bread shop has to tend

2 Likes

I understand you all have probably dealt with this company for far longers. I’m new here. But I’ve never had this happen in any game in my life. Where they let you buy stuff, and then tell you “You can’t use what you just bought. Please wait and determined amount of time while we decide if its a real transaction.”

This makes zero sense.

To be frank, all of this could be resolved if there was better communication from the get go between all parties involved.

On IMC’s part, there needs to be an advisory that new accounts may be limited on TP usage until a specified period of time has passed. Also, perhaps better clarification beyond “We will be reviewing” would be nice.

Being clear about the limitations in place, along with the requirements to meet to be able to have your TP limit removed would be very nice.

As it is, I wouldn’t recommend TOS to any of the ‘cash-tosser’ folks I know, solely because of this kind of situations.

I am not sure on how chargebacks on payments through Steam will affect IMC and other companies providing such services through their platform, so I will refrain from commenting.

@Ersakoz Chargebacks and other related problems are a business expense. They should not be pushed onto the consumer.

@Aoi_Kanashi Not particularly close, regarding your analogy. Limitations due to credit card chargebacks and other refund issues shouldn’t be pushed onto the consumer, and have to be worked out with the service provider. To provide a correct analogy, it would be saying that the bread store is telling you that you cannot consume more than half your sandwich, because previous customers had tried to refund their sandwiches.

Edit: As far as I know, TOS is the only game right now with limitations on your ingame currency expenditure. If any of you guys know of other games with similar limits, please advise.

1 Like

while yours is a closer analogy than mine, it also provide the same nonsense from OP’s mindset ‘w’;;; i’m just making it as blunt as i can

the analogy is also a response on why other peeps see this as immature, rather than taking it directly into OP’s POV ‘w’/