Tree of Savior Forum

War of Emperium is a good design

you see, you shouldn’t fix things that aren’t broken.

WoE or War of Emperium that is the GvG system of Ragnarok Online which is brilliant in design it also gives a sense of accomplishment when you win a castle to be used at you own leisure as a lounge and a hangout place.

the ability to show our banner in town is also a fantastic thing that drives people to actually do these sort of things.

it is a good design in terms of GvG so, why not try going that route IMC? yes i know it’s a different game and all that but with all due respect i don’t think the current GvG system is all that fun or rewarding.

edit: Chip War was also a good design in my opinion, Chip War is a war of the race system in Rising Force Online. basically a battle of nations. now since we don’t have races here we could just make it a bloodbath of all the guilds. each participating guild is compensated with something even if they lose to give incentive to participate. now the last man standing in this war style GvG is the winner and the guild that he or she belongs to will be declared as the winner. winners gain access to a private castle in which they can do all sort of stuff such as free repair, free teleports, castle treasury in which people can trade item with each other if the Templar allowed it etc.

what do you think?

5 Likes

Note, it only my opinion.

Even if pvp lack something right now and I agree to it.
Right now…
-It a different game. Not because something work on a game and that great that it can somehow be twist around to make a copy cat design of it on another game.
-Also, what is plan right now is to equalize pvp to make it more fair. You also have R9, Event, balance still ongoing, bug fix, all of those take time. You can’t simply draw a castle and BAM scan it and put it in game. (Just taking you example and even if you know it, I mean it not simple to make a whole new thing or balance it since it still pvp that still need to be balance when… some class are still unbalanced).
-Finaly, there a suggestion tread for the next time !

i just can’t find the energy to argue so yeah after these answers i won’t prolong this conversation.

just saying that
i do point out that i know it is a different game, i said “try going that route” i didn’t mention that ToS should copy it 100%
i wasn’t even talking about anything but the GvG but you manage to shoot down my suggestion by saying that balance still on going, bug fix, R9 takes time as if i’m some sort of an idiot. god…

yes there is a suggestion thread, the whole point of this thread is to create a meaningful conversation about how most people think GvG should be. i didn’t came here with a clear picture of what ToS should do, i came with a few examples of good design and suddenly you make it as if i’m coming here to dictate what ToS should do and when…

3 Likes

Too bad this game engine isnt good. I think, that is one of the reason why gvg pulled out. This game couldnt handle the fps drop while clashing, even 15 vs 15. Imagine the whole guild vs whole guild.

5 Likes

i’ve thought about that for a long time too, there obviously is a problem with the game engine, and this is like one of those unsolvable problem. what do you think IMC can do about engine problem? i mean, creating good things on top of bad things is just a recipe for disaster and if i’m being honest ToS is a disaster as it is right now.

2 Likes

There might be no more improvement for their engine I suppose. As we can see, they are more focused into contents.

If imc right now is focused to content, i think for pvp they should make an accessable arena of field or town (you can take example from ro pvp arena) with player cap within channel. Or make team battle league open at all time, not timed constraint.

For gvg the last gvg was good enough with 15vs15. But maybe 10vs10 is pretty viable. Im thinking like dota which a guild should destroy the opposing guild tower but in order to progress, they should destroy guardian or watch tower along the way.

Muh ToS isn’t RO boohoo

1 Like

They need a high end gvg thing or the game will die.
Alot of people liked to WoE from RO so why not making a similar gvg mode?

Obviously since it’s not a copy from RO, It could be named Conflct of the goddesses. And you would have to pray to the goddess so that she is now on your side, give you the land of that goddess. The goddess would seal the pact with a crystal that would stand deep in the land of the goddess. Giving access to a special dungeon during the week. Each weekend a battle for the goddessses would occur. And opposing guild would have to destroy the crystal that seals that pact, kicing everyone out of that land, allowing you to pray for the support of the goddess! When the battle ends, The logo of the guilds who still have a apct with a goddess would appear in town!

: D

2 Likes

IMHO here in Brazil, RO was a great success and WOE, above everything, the real end game. Black Desert is coming and most of BR community wait for a better TOS that fits a WOE or a GVG like feature. It is a must have… don’t be fool IMC, make a better engine, a better optimization, net code, clear desync, wherever… you have to take a look at this… it is your biggest customers pool and you have the map’s path in hands. Best wishes.

1 Like

what the hell is wrong with the community today, i told you i know this game isn’t Ragnarok, every freaking time a person came in and put a suggestion down that has anything to do with Ragnarok and people go “OMG i gotta say that this game isn’t Ragnarok” as if it’s some kind of a must thing.

i’m saying that the system ragnarok were using was good, i don’t care if this game is ragnarok or not, if ragnarok system was good you don’t have to go out of your way to make a bad GvG system just to be different. ultimately it has to be good to be enjoyable.

3 Likes

the main thing holding back general GvG and PvP things in this game is the game engine. fix that and the skies the limit

3 Likes

A key tactic for this Guild war is a Squad of dedicated Sorcerorc3-Sages to force the enemy guild to lag & crash their computers with 1,000+ bats

4 Likes

genius, this tactic has been done in WoE using a bard and it actually works. XD

except that you can reduce the graphic settings in RO’s WoE to reduce the lag. (well last I heard)

it’s not even graphically demanding the first place, it’s just the game engine is so old, to process that much information in such a small time frame, that would be a feat.

There were mod packs to change the effect of big spells to colored tiles on the ground. Else you had to spam /effect to keep track of land protectors without getting all the storm gust and meteor storms.

Well ToS cant even handle 100 players in 1 channel. A siege would at least invlove more than a 100+ playes from the defending and invading sides, if my nostalgia memories tell me.

But with lesser players I think that wont be an issue :P. With that said some server there wont even be any invading PvP/GvG guilds. Which results to a perpetual peace with the very few battle guilds who might even be in alliance and truce with each other.

1 Like

Battlegrounds and Woe were the best part of ragnarok, that 2 things alone make the game stand strong for too many years. Game engine aside, the issue of balancing pvp in tos its still too big to even think about something GVG related.

Tos its still at a very young age, maybe they will improve all of this in the future, but as it is RN i dont see it happening, maybe when the true cap releases they will start caring about balancing pvp.

To be honest even to this day if i find a good ragnarok server i just join to do some BG’s from time to time.

RO pvp was incredibly unbalanced until everyone had top tier gear and builds.In ‘vanilla’ RO, a single wizard with 130ish int could wipe an entire guild when thara frog and marc card were not really known yet.

I would like to see pvp between equally god geared players in TOS after the weapon nerf.

Wonder if its still going to be a oneshot fest or not. Implying high CON builds with highly upgraded armors obviously.

Yeah, WoE concept is brilliant.

But I can’t image this in ToS. Even with improved and more stable engine. Game just won’t be able to handle 300+ chars on one screen.