Tree of Savior Forum

War of Emperium is a good design

Nice defense you had there! Brings back so many memories <3

Those push moments were so intense!

1 Like

brings back so many freaking memories. also shows something important to me that i want to brought up,RO was not made with a paywall as the core of the game,

1 Like

But the grind wall was insane. Like the headgear the creator had can take months to drop. The boss is a pain to kill and it has a low drop chance. You needed at least 10 cards all with 1 / 10 000 chance to drop. You needed at least +7 everything gear. Which was hours and hours of dropping. You usually needed 12ish items of you wanted a +7.

Some weapon needed to be upgraded and socketed on low drop chance. Like infiltrator. That was weeks or months of grindingā€¦ Along with farming pots, gems, EDP having all kind of armors to survive different builds along with multiple accessories and cards to have a chance against othersā€¦

You had to farm your gear, then you had to grind 3-4 hours per weeks just for consumables for the actual woe.

you know, i quite like grinding. and i have no problem with it. i can trade money with my friends and i can trade item with my friends it makes sense, in ToS paywall.

i can sell anything on the market as many as i want, it makes sense. here? paywall.

headgear is just cosmetic, i remember having to collect 1 thousand trunk for a sakkat, itā€™s cosmetics, what you do in the end game. i have zero problem with that. ah you talked about cards. the card system in ragnarok is lovely i like it a lot. i remember that when i first got into ToS back in the launch cards were literally useless except for certain classes, in ragnarok unique stuff happens when you put on the card.

golden thiefbug, doppleganger , edgar etc. itā€™s really fun and for that reason getting cards is one of the hardest thing to do, and it makes up the economy too.

idk if i remember things incorrectly but i have never felt so restrained in ragnarok compared to in ToS.basic stuff that i completely expect to be able to do sometimes i cannot do in ToS.
but yeah ToS is very beautiful the game is super fun albeit a little too mix and matchy which is kind of sad. the music is fantastic in ToS imo, almost Ragnarok class. there are thousands of things that ToS got right but we gotta admit that they got something completely wrong too.

bandwagoning with EARLY ACCESS was the first strike knowing western countries are going to bite the bait. I believe there were no early access on the korea, japanese, chinse and indonesian release.

At least you had a lot of things to do - endgame content in Ro is awesome. Especially if you are in serious WoE Guild - everyday is preparing for the next battle. In ToS you donā€™t really have that much to do but for dailies.

1 Like

This MUCH. Sadly at the moment TOS is nothing but a daily fest, gets boring pretty soon at cap, dont even get me started with once you have to do it with alts, it just start to kill you slowly, at least ROā€™s battlegrounds and WOE were a fun way to keep you doing something that you care about, i remember the old days of CTF and tierra gorge, then conquest, rush, and all that crazy BG modes came after a while and it was super fun, i hope TOS implement something this fun, to be honest they could easly do it here in tos too, KOTH and CTF are concepts of BG that most game use anyways.

Comparing Battlegrounds modes from RO with stuff that could be implemented in TOS, the only issue its to keep it something like 7v7 or 10v10, because more than that will be a crash fest for sure, also PVP modifiers and CC has to be balanced in order to work:

CTF (or capture the flag) : Can be done in TOS?: Yes.
Tierra Gorge. (Or destroy the enemy base): Can be done in TOS?: Yes.
Conquest and rush: (Basically woe 1.0 and 2.0) Can be done in TOS?: Uhh maybe, i dont see why not.
Tierra bossnia: (Basically kill mvps and earn points) Can be done in TOS?: Totally
Flavius: (Destroy enemys guardians and stones) Can be done in TOS?: Yep
KVM: Its already in tos as Team battle league.

So yeah, all of those modes can be done in TOS, problem its the lag and the unbalanced PVP. Would be nice to have something similar here in TOS to be honest so we could take breaks from the grind fest to actually have some funā€¦ games are supposed to be fun arent they?

I did miss some of them but the point its that stuff like that could be easly implemented, thats all.

The problem for this topic is people praising RO when they never played it againā€¦ The game is not died but itā€™s getting population issues that even 15 minutes queueing in ToS is still faster than waiting party or recruiting guild members for RO (spoken as both RO and ToS player from me)

Certainly you have reasons to not play RO but you just donā€™t want to spill the ZOMG gachas and everything that made you quitā€¦

You get bored with Saalus dailies but you still do it since it gives you money or strengthen your character. RO only get grindings before end game and you hate that process so that you playing private servers to skip that and have fun with endgame stuffā€¦

1 Like

WOE is fine, as long as the rewards are only for use in WOE. We donā€™t need God items in the gameā€¦EVERā€¦

4 Likes

Of course we need. Itā€™s the whole reason of super competitive mass PvP and it what makes people try hard.

1 Like

However IMC will never make a system close to WoE since that would be asking a lawsuit from Gravity.

But hopefully this revamp GvsG is not the instanced one before.

IMC could have just retained their Colony War concept in their old game GE where guilds can capture entire world map territories, The more territories a guild captures the more the prizes the guild get after the event. of course the larger a guildā€™s territory is the harder it is to defend them. Players might accept it as a WoE equivalent.

Really doubt that would be an issue. We have DOTA and LoL living together in the same universe.

1 Like

Itā€™s really easy to not make an exact copy. Even gravity when they made battle ground, they copied other games. THey were not the first game to ever release a battleground. There a douzens of game with mass pvp similar to what WoE were.

No game has a copyright on pvp modes. Think about every 1st person shooter having ā€˜king of the hillā€™ and ā€˜deathmatchā€™. You canā€™t claim those as intellectual property.

Rename Emperium to a Goddess Heart. Laima castle, Zemyna castle, Lada castle, ā€¦ Create some robust maps with only one channel and NOT instanced. Give some great reward like chests with practo drop chance and silver for the guild owner of the castleā€¦ It is a new system :slight_smile:

PS: ofc It is only a few ideias, the castle dungeon, godly itens and PvP mode in old RO were awsome

Perfect

20damncharacters

Just make the game handle more than 30 players in same screen and iā€™ts OK for me.

Defending your castle with 50 cryos using Ice Wall lvl 16 :upside_down:.

1 Like

just have 50 oracles to counterspell them away :upside_down_face:

1 Like

what if we revolve the GvG around the most important person in a guild? the King or well the Templar in this matter? can we do something around the Templar to create a unique and interesting take on war of Emperium?

2 Likes