Tree of Savior Forum

[VIDEO] Lancer Skills Test & PVP

i have seen every video on dragoon2 pvp on this forum as far as i know. (and a bunch of other r8 class too)

but none of them actually fight a wiz.

u sound so sure, so i thought u could easily point one out.

(lol in searching for more video, saw a cannoneer 1 shot a dragoon1 for 29k dmg, doesn’t even have to aim)

Anyone who has played high rank 5v5 TBL matches will know that while having burst is beneficial, it should be used with caution as it will either be just wasted (ausrine, revive, macka) or you’ll kill yourself (r7f). If the enemy team has no cleric, maybe dethrone’s gonna wreck them.

I wouldn’t underestimate Lancer. Joust alone is very beneficial, especially against teams who tend to zone/turtle. Then there’s the silence debuff too.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Tbh dragoon r8 isnt really that good at WB it is more of a PvP build. Ppl just hyped him up as a WB killer. After the serpentine nerf it is better at PvP than WB so it is a PvP build now.

Im gonna lol so hard if those lancers expected their build to rise in TBL and still fail at it. Lancer is not a magic but a utility for good players to use. Most SW3 Cata 3 just dive, Rush and die anyway, then cry about clerics and elememe, cyro3.

Dethrone can be use unmounted and off the screen. You can only use unhorsing after eating 2 dethrones assuming you survive that. Unhorsing is for Fellow Lancers only. Smart Dragoon2 will keep his range most of the time. At 1st i thought dragoon2 will be no match for Lancer but the huge range of dethrones is the best asset of Dragoon2. Its like an ancher on a swordsman body…

Speaking of utility. Unless I misunderstood, or there is a mistake in the translation, this is one hell of a utility to be “on” all the time. Perma-on knockdown is going to be damn sweet. Hopefully, it is even bugged that it will proc with skills.

Lancer: knockdown chance

• Max Lv: 30
  • 1% per level chance to knockdown enemies with basic attacks (togglable)

source:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

As I said, too early to assume things. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added another video. PVP between Lancer and Inquisitor. Some sweet damage on that Crush or Quantain (not sure which one he used as they both have same animation). I think it’s Quantain at around 5:55 that dealt 23k-ish (though DoV +50% bonus could be in play at that time).

That Joust totally obliterated all heal tiles and the safety zone. Surely Dethrone can’t go through Safety Zone so the Goon2 will have to either go near and do something else (Impale), or wait it out.

I don’t think unmounting/remounting to use some skills will be that good in our version due to latency issues and FPS drops. 1v1 maybe, but in group PvP that’ll be risky.

Inquisitor is just so good though. Those combos along with a defensive approach really works well for him.

1 Like

I also think the best dragoon should be unmounted, lots synergy instead of locking on Cata3. Even the team behind dragoon concept thinks that way. Dragoon skills cant be use on a mount before, not until lots of Cata3 raged about lack of choices at rank 7. Either hook + dethrone or high mobile dethrone(cata3) are good in PVP.

Which one? Lancer loosing to Dragoon 2? Its like canon vs sword scenario.

This. I am seriously considering trying this out.
Need opinions though - which one is better for PVP?

Option 1:

Sword 3 > Hop 2 > Doppel > Dragoon 2

OR

Option 2:

Sword 3 > Hop 2 > Corsair > Dragoon 2

I’m worried that option 2 doesn’t have a lot of attacking skills to use…

Uhmm…

I never said Lancer will win against Goon2, nor otherwise. Stick to your point. :slight_smile:

How can low tier common cata 3 sword 3 you see on iTOS can use then? Where most of the time they only use Rush and die? Just because you went Lancer doesnt mean it will automatically make you great in PVP. Its already proven that those Cata are crying about warlock, cryo and Clerics. All of Lancer skills are melee, it doesnt fix their problem dying all over the place.

Wow, there’s definitely a good number of guys like you here in the forums. You generalize things you only experienced or see in videos.

Next time, stop TBL-ing and spectate high-rank 5v5 TBL matches with cata3 in them (they’re rare, but they exist), then come back here.

Obviously, you’ve only met/seen low/non-ranked cata3s.

1 Like

SW3,Rodelero2,Corsair1,Dragoon2 for me.

Just because you TBL doesnt make you great. TBL is only about how much time do have. Youre required to play for how long? Only unemployed/out of school can compete against them.

lolwut? /20charsniceedit

Its the truth that most people dont have time to participate on TBL.

Aaaaand what does that have to do with the following?

Next time you join forums, learn to stick to your point.

But its the truth you see tons of Cata3 crying about those classes? You check your history if you have doubts.

Yes, lancer is still a melee, you need to have tons of HP to utility all of his skills. Whereas Dragoon 2 can fight at range and hide behind clerics.