Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Pyromancer Thread

The thread has been updated with a build guide.

The thread has been updated with Build Examples.

already tried pyro c2>thaum c3>warlock c2 ? huge aoe and st damage combined with agny :smiley:

Been farming Pystis with W1-P2-L2-Th2-Sage and the clear speed is just as fast as before the patch. New build is max fireball, max flare, 5 in fire pillar, 0 points in flame wall (terrible now), and 1 point in flame ground. Rest into enchant fire.

Tried the featherfoot build and just didnā€™t see the benefit. I donā€™t think Thauma builds are really viable for solo Hunting Ground farming anyway. Youā€™re better off just going for speed instead of double drops so I think the old pyro build is still the best item farming class, but these forums have heavily turned against pyro so itā€™s nice itā€™s not an overpopulated class anymore.

1 Like

my build is very good for bossing and mediocre for mobbing

I am VERY HAPPY with my current build. I am trying to give a change to the elelock but I am having some disappointment after playing with pyroelelock. MM is a good skill but it is not the same thing that to have 5 more skills with average damage that fill my cooldown.

I dont feel miss of Surespell

iā€™d never had the illusion of pyromancer as a main damage class like was in the past. In this new concept of class, there some valorization of high ranks than the lower ranks. My main damage come from elementarist and warlock and pyromancer is my secondary damage class

sorry for my poor english haha

Planning on going pyro 3 > thauma 3, i know that some abilities like swell brain scale off SPR. Which would be better, a INT or SPR build?

Go full INT all the way :slight_smile:
With some CON ofc.

The damage you will get off the SPR scale from Thaum is not gonna be any where near as good as going full INT.

Was probably me :smile:
Im not using fireball though in my Pyro build.

Firewall 14, FG 15, Enchant 15 (could hypothetically replace it with FB or Flare but meh Iā€™ve got enough button bloat right now). Fire Pillar 10, Hell Breath 5 (great when you run into all melee enemies)

If you want, make your build and post it here, ill stick it in the main thread post.
Kinda missing one with a summon class :slight_smile:

Or better yet, if you have a vid, post it and ill stick it under game play.
ā€¦or both :stuck_out_tongue:

I have some questions about skills distribuition, I get when ppl put only 1 point in flame ground , but fire pillar goes to lvl 1 75% to lvl 10 121% and fire wall lvl 15 dont max dmg by cast in more tiles?
My dmg come from fire wall/fire pillar/flame groud then after cast this on mob i use fire breath. Its pretty rare use flare and fire ball.

Im plaining wiz>pyro3>sorcer2>necro2 or wiz>pyro3>sorcer1>necro3, not dicided yet.

(ps,srry for my bad english xD)

For your last suggested build with enchanter, I think changing the stat point allocation to take points either off of empowering or agility and giving it to enchant armor instead would be a better use of stat points.

After extensive testing with enchanter, I found that empowering is almost useless after rebalance since level doesnā€™t have as much of an impact anymore, and agility sounds good on paper but in reality does nothing noticeable except increase stamina pool (which helps swordies I guess).

At the end of the day, those two buffs are taking up buff slots for your party members, which could annoy them since theyā€™re fairly useless :frowning:

Your English is fine bud :slight_smile:
Im no where near native English speaking either :stuck_out_tongue:

Your question wasent so clear thoā€¦
Fire Pillar does scale quite nicely and if you use it often then you might as well max it out.
Reason people only put 1 point in it, is because they dont use it so often outside boss fights.

Fire Wall dosent increase in damage as you level it up, but every 2 levels (if im not mistaken) it allows you to put an extra tile downā€¦ well in that respect if you think about it, it does increase its damage :stuck_out_tongue:

Not really sure if thats what you wanted to know, if its not, try to put it a bit better and ill do my best to answer :slight_smile:

Havent done much testing on Enchanter since the patch, but reason the points were like that was just to cement the design of some more support.

Iv found from personal experience that people will get annoyed at your buffs in a group no matter wich ones they areā€¦ even a spirit link with life lineā€¦

So long as you use daino scrolls no one cares.

Just to give my 5c as a ThauC3ā€¦

If youā€™re going for DPS and not something like a summoner build, full INT is probably best, yeah. SPR on Thau is much better if youā€™re aiming to be support since it allows you to give more magic attack with Swell Brain (the m.atk bonus only scales off SPR for this skill). You can also divide some points between INT and SPR with minimal damage loss thanks to Swell Brain, but full INT is likely still better for your own DPS, so itā€™s up to you if you want to sacrifice a bit of INT for SPR to be more supportive.

And personally, with the combat changes and the fact that Thau has access to Transpose, Iā€™d recommend against investing in CON. If you have good defences from gear you should be perfectly fine even without a single point invested in CON, and you can get extra HP/CON from gear as well. If youā€™re doing anything in a party, the HP you gain from Transpose will vastly outweigh anything youā€™d get from a small CON investment, and you can use the attribute to balance INT/CON so your damage doesnā€™t suffer too greatly. Just be sure to use all your buffs before entering Transpose and grab some heals from your friendly local cleric. 1~2 points is enough since you need to exit Transpose to rebuff yourself/your party.

Thanks for the extra info and your feedback to the thread :slight_smile:
Always nice to see additions like that first thing in the morning :slight_smile:

Just so you have somethings to think about.

INT and SPR have the same contribution to [enchant fire] [swell left arm] [swell right arm] (and [enchant lightning] should you want to go there). [swell brain] will roughly give you 1 matk per SPR. Itā€™s no INT but it closes the gap.

STR, DEX, and INT have been debated to death as being ā€œworthlessā€ the better you gear becomes. If you donā€™t plan to ā€œimproveā€ your gear, these stats become more valuable.

Thauma buffs cost a lot given how much you have to cast them. The SP regen does help.

Iā€™ve tried the build as both pure INT and pure SPR. The difference in damage isnā€™t as big as some people make it out to be. Specially if you have a good weapon. The difference in general QoL leans in favor of SPR though (status resist, SP recovery mostly)

Donā€™t take my word for it. Try it yourself.

I feel you, i tried so many pyro builds to the point were i cant take it anymore, i cant get any fun with the new pyro, the concept its very good and i have to admit it, but the actual skills and gameplay feels slow and dull, the two main problems are:
1.- All pyro skills have very long cooldowns in the range from 25 to 60sec, wich its a lot if u think of how low damage they do
2.- The ticks from the skills happen in very long intervals of time 0.7 and 0,5 secs each while dealing low amount of hits in long periods of time. This means, unless the mobs stay still for the period of time that you need to deal all the hits from your skills you gonna miss even more damage to the slow output you already have.

For party play pyromancer its so slow that in the end you are going to fill the role of the post4 circles you took, what do i mean by that its that if you go for pyro-linker, then you can consider yourself just a linker, same goes if u took thau instead. (remember that im talking about party play).

For soloing, pyromnacer works pretty good with thau/linker because it cant deal the damage by itself and its so slow that it needs something extra to buff the slow damage output it has.

For me pyromancer went from ā€œthe DPS sideā€ of the 3 first mage ranks to the ā€œIm here for support builds that can make me look like i can do some damageā€ side.

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys, ill try to test out a full INT, full SPR and a mix of both while the reset potions last to see how i feel about them.