Tree of Savior Forum

[Video Guide] Pyromancer Thread

Hello everyone!

This is gonna be a thread dedicated to Pyromancer video guides, gameplay, tips, tricks, discussions and much more!
Hope you guys enjoy and if you do, keep an eye on the thread for future content updates.

Pyromancer Guide
In this video ill be showing you the Pyromancer spells, talk about what they do, what their used for and so on, trying to give you all the information you need for your Pyromancer.

https://youtu.be/XMJ54XLsbWY

Major changes since the last patch:

• Your damage now scales into late game.
  • Fireball is now a 1 hit only spell but instead triggers a wide range AoE explosion.
  • Fireball Burn attribute no longer increases the cooldown of Fireball.
  • Flare now has the highest %dmg scale in the Pyromancer spell set.
  • Flame Ground duration no longer scales with level and its now fixed at 8.4s.

Pyromancer Gameplay
In this video ill be running around, killing some monsters and talking a little bit more about the class, i hope you guys enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/ooflz9a6pOI

Some more Gameplay, this time with a bit of Warlock to the mix.
https://youtu.be/UxFBydjJ-4E

Pyromancer 290 dungeon solo trash.
https://youtu.be/x0rg-UaWCPQ

Pyromancer Build Guide
In this video ill try to give you as much information as i can to help you decided or to have an idea on what to go for wen making your own builds, hope you enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/oVMMwYZvryc

Pyromancer Build Examples
Here are some build examples you can try out or take ideas for your own builds, these builds have a focus around the core being Pyromancer Circle 3.

Standard Pyromancer Build
This is a simple and fun build that can do well in almost any situation.
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/3ylt4v9g67/

Damage Support Pyromancer
If what you want is a build that focuses on increasing your Pyromancer damage while still having the utility wen grouping, then this might be what your looking for!
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/f55v75tcje/

Frostfire Combo Build
Want a build that can bring a good overall performance? Try this out! Pyromancer will bring good damage, while Cryomancer and Enchanter will bring utility and support for both group play or solo play.
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/9mem11xy6m/

I hope you enjoyed this thread and that the information in it was helpful and informative to you.
Keep an eye on it for future updates or follow the channel on youtube.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them and ill get back to you as soon as i can :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Note.
Fireball Burn says it scales with INT but it’s really scaling with Magic Attack.

Thanks bud :slight_smile:
I figured the tooltip would be wrong…´
I was really hoping they could fix tooltips with this patch and put more information on them, but just seem they run everything trough google translate and then stick it in the coding :frowning:

In their defense the tooltip didnt change in Ktos so our translators wouldn’t know.

About this build.
This is my favorite build with pyro now.
Insane DPS. Amazing rotation. Low cooldown.

This attribute makes this build have a good sinergy

Seems fun :slight_smile:
Ill give it a try and wen i update the thread with builds ill put it up there :slight_smile:

Iv been questing and testing out the new Pyromancer, honestly cannot understand peoples complaints about it…
My very first wizard was a Pyro and remenber getting to about lvl100 and being fed up with it, was just so dull and slow…
The new Pyro is loads of fun to play, the fireball extreme low cooldown makes things so much easier, fire wall damage is really good now as well, everything about it seems to tick all the boxes…
Think people were just too addicted to soloing content they shouldnt be able to or to “one shot” bosses that should need a group for l:)

Really happy with the new pyro so far!

Please, remember to come back with your opinion. I want to know what the ppl think about my build. Hail + Fire Pillar + Flame Ground + Mastema + Frost Cloud. 5 skills damaging in the same time. I am in love so i am suspect

Ill give it a try wen i have the chance :slight_smile:
All that does sound good, but i like my builds to be quick and functional not just boss killers.
Ill try it and let you know what i think :slight_smile:

If I’m not mistaken.
Fireball: Burn deals 4 ticks of 50% of your magic attack, ignoring defense.

So 200%
With a 40% chance to activate.

1 Like
  • Fire Pillar was the most changed skill after Fireball, getting fixed duration and size regardless of level.
  • Didn’t mention Fire Pillar will CC enemies.
  • Didn’t mention how AoE defense will negatively impact Firewall’s maximum number of hits.
  • Don’t need to double tap Firewall for fast casting all tiles, just press and release the button.

Never had Agny before this rework, so i can say Pyro is still pretty decent for questing/fielding, but it sucks against bosses and even elites, compared to pre-agny builds.
Single target damage of new Pyro is really bad, besides almost all skills doing damage over time in a specific location (several bosses have movement skills, mobs will derpy AI, etc.).

It is also frustrating how Pyro a) no longer has significant (worth using) combos with other classes (Ball+PP dead, Ball+Rolling dead, Ball+Duplicate dead, etc.); b) even if you try to make a build around Pyro it won’t reach the same DPS potential as Elementalist and FF, and it also can’t really support other classes.

Pyro is a filler DPS class, where you use your skills just to not be iddle (except for Pillar, to help CCing things).

I love Pyro, but this is the sad truth.

It ticks 5 times and the attribute has 50% chance to procc at lvl 5.

1 Like

Eh Filler in that it provides damage for class picks where you’re not going to get Ele.

Eg. Fit it with Chrono so you don’t end up like one of the random parties I had with three Chrono Cryo’s slowing things down considerably.

2 Likes

Im sorry but can you explain us how cryo/chronos can “slow” things down? are u high? cause cryo/chrono its one if not the best CC char from the game RN, if anything a cryo/chrono should be making things faster not slower and to a party oriented point of vieiw i’d rather have a cryo/chrono than a sub dps pyro thing LMAO.

Been partying with cryo/chrono since release and dont get how a cryomancer could be slowing things down when at the moment they have a very good damage too, thus they can not only provide CC as before, but also deal good damage to packed mobs.

O-T Hope you upload your experience before the reset event ends, since i have a pyro and feel very curious about it.

Slow at bosses.
/Explained.

2 Likes

Because if you get partied with 3 or 4, and they are full con, there’s no dmg! Trust me, when I was making mine, I got stuck in a party with 4 cryo/chronos and one swordie. Omfg, it took nearly 20mins.

I’m using this build as well, but I didn’t take warlock 2 instead I’m using wiz2>pyro2>ele3 and maybe sage/pyro3 for rank 8, its fun on lower levels, just not sure with 300+ content. have to reset my other wiz to test it out, How is it going for you? atm its fun for me since you never ran out of spells to cast. I just miss casting hail, electrocute and mateor which are 3 solid spells faster than mediocore pyro spells

It is a hard decision for me to choose pyro2-ele3-wl2 or pyro3-ele3-sage. Both are highly fun and addictive.
First build can do much more dmg in party or boss battle (given mastema won’t be nerfed) while latter offers great solo capability(good support too but there are many sages around anyway).
Caster build aka rotating between many high cooldown skills with good AOE is my style.

Ill be uploading some gameplay and adding more things to the thread today wen i have the chance.
I still cant see peoples problem with Pyro, did some questing on the new maps last night with it and it was one of the best experiences iv had with a class.

The damage is great, new fireball is way better then the old one (yes i know no interactions, 1 spell, 1 boss dead, etc…), the lower cooldown on spells make it so you always have something to do, specially fireball, its pretty much always on demand on a 9s cooldown.

Pyrolinker is still busted, just dosent quite work on bosses, unless you have a Dirty Pole.
Boss damage on a Pyro is still pretty good, no struggles what so ever killing them.

The more i play the new patch the more i realize how unbalanced things were and some still are.
The new pyro is great, the old one might have been fun for 290 farms, not needing anyone to kill a 5man dungeon boss and such… but for everything else, mechanically as a class it was boring, now its a more active class and fun!

also, Fire Pillar is still Fire Pillar, i didnt mention anything else about it because i didnt quite see a need for it.
It dosent CC anything, it gives the idea of CC because of how animations work, if you get constantly hit by 10 mobs you wont be able to move or do your spells, not because your CCed but because your character is too busy doing “im hit” animations, thats what happens to mobs with Fire Pillar.

AoE defense ratio is a basic concept on almost any spell, i could be mistaken but the only ones it dosent work on is the ones that have specific targets on the tooltip, like Psychic Pressure for example.

Pyro is just fine guys, dont compare it to Ele and things like that, why not have a Pyro > Ele instead…
Personally i love Pyro a lot more, Ele can be good at stacking high damage on the bosses, but its slow and clunky unless you have Wiz3, Pyro is just good all round now :slight_smile:

Except Pyro sucks at bossing now as well.

No one here is questioning new Pyro ability to quest neither if it is fun or not. IMC wants every build to be able to solo quest and reach the cap.
However, Pyro will perform worse than other DPS choices in dungeons, guild raid, PvP, ET, world bossing… while bringing barely any utility at all as well.

But you did mention Firewall’s useless attribute to get 25 fire atk while standing on it.
It was almost like saying Pyro should always use a staff because then you get permanent 9 fire atk…

This is complete nonsense. There are plenty of skills that have higher hit ratio than Pillar and they dont flinch-lock enemies (Pole of Agony, Zaibas, Magic Arrow, Frost Cloud, Hamaya, etc.).

Fire Pillar has an inbuilt CC mechanic that only works on non-bosses monsters, halting all movement and attacks. It is common knowledge since always.

Firewall has nothing to do with the basic concept of AoE defense. Have you never noticed how the tiles would disappear faster against some enemies…? Also there were plenty of discussion about this here in the forums.

The maximum hit count of firewall tiles get divided by the enemy AoE defense. So in general it can hit small enemies 5 times (usually 1 AoE def), medium targets 3 times (usually 2 AoE def) and large monsters 2 times (usually 3 AoE def).

Players have acces to AoE def in head gear and general equipment as well (they can even get over 20 AoE defense in some cases, but that is quite overkill), meaning only 1 hit per tile.

Wiz 3 is definitely not a must for Elementalist anymore. You don’t need to max Meteor anymore, making Hail the skill with highest cast time, which is still pretty fast. Hail and Electrocute don’t need Quick Cast, Freezing Sphere, Prominence, Frost Cloud and lvl 1~2 Meteor don’t even need Sure Spell at all.

Cryo is an excellent choice for Elementalist now, but this is not the point of this topic.

This is subjective to what “good” means to you, which hard to be taken as a general consensus since your metric so far has been if it can do questing and if it is fun to play.

2 Likes

Are you being serious?
Really?
Pick apart everything i was saying? …you trying to start something? …or just too much time on your hands?

Nothing i said was wrong, im not gonna debate or go into detail, just dont have the time and dont want this thread to turn into something like that.

Pyro is fine for what it is…
Just one more thing, the inbuilt CC your on about on Fire Pillar is called random coding :stuck_out_tongue:
Some spells act like that some dont, im pretty sure some of this stuff isnt intended, just kinda turned out this way.

Hi,

Is casting hail/ electrocute not a problem with this build, since you won’t have quick cast/ surespell??