Tree of Savior Forum

[Vacant Spot]Spanish Translation of ToS/Traducción al Español de ToS -

As for me, I request you fix your abysmal taste in Touhous. I’m not interested in your trashboat avatar picture choices or opinions. Thanks for understanding.

1 Like

Buuuh!!

Banned from the world for some centuries.

Go back to your millennium, you damned and atavistic retrograde.

I love how he says our translation is bad, and he can’t even use capital “I”'s when writing in english.
And says I’ve been whiteknighted…Somehow. (I’m not sure how one person agreeing with me is whiteknighting. Guess this guy’s coocoo for cocoa puffs…)

Worst thing is, his comments border in racism. And he sounds very ignorant in his nationalistic speech.
This guy could not do JUSTICE to a translation if he doesn’t at least understand that languages evolve and migrate (Yes, this is how passionate I am for linguistics (?)

English was once from Britain. Old english was constructed from remnants of nordic languages, indo-european languages, and celtic languages. The words we write in? Roman alphabet. Which comes from the Greek alphabet. Which comes from the Hebrew alphabet. (The word “Alphabet” in itself comes from the hebrew word “Alefbet”, which are the names of the two first letters combined. Interestingly enough, “Alef” doesn’t sound like “A” in hebrew.)

Spanish as a whole doesn’t belong to anyone because it has many different roots, and you can’t have the arrogance to call it your own today just because “Spain” derives from “Spanish”. Specially not when there are many different languages and dialects in Spain, like Catalan and Basque, and the Spanish from Spain has suffered big modifications from its interactions with them. The same way Spanish suffered big modifications when it came here.
There is no such thing as a pure, static Spanish because there’s no such thing as a pure, static language. All languages evolve through time. Like I mentioned before, Spanish switched F for H in many words, and even dropped some letters from other words, like “Obscuro” changing to “Oscuro”. So it’s absurd to say you have the truest version of a language.

So, well, that. A small linguistics and history lesson for you guys :B

2 Likes

@MarinZep @dyland_1995 Hola! I was just reading your post, I’m a new user, so currently my messaging within this site’s forums are well limited (just a baby citizen here).
If you still need help with translations, I am a Mexican who has studied English since a very young age, and I could be of assistance. And even though I try yo avoid Hispanic servers since most of my gaming friends are indeed not Spanish speakers, I would love to make the game more comprehensible and enjoyable by helping update the Spanish translations of ToS.
I hope we can have a big and healthy Hispanic ToS community that can enjoy the game no matter what.

Regards and hope to hear from you soon,
Astoreth

I would be glad to help. My english-spanish is very fluid and as you say, can translate almost only by reading. It would be great that this game were in spanish and I really would like to help and have plenty time to spare.

Primero que nada, felicitaciones por la iniciativa. Me parece una muy buena idea esto de la traducción, pero me gustaría tocar cierto punto que, a mi parecer, es importante: los signos de apertura.
En la guía pone que no hay que usarlos, pero según las reglas del español, deben usarse. Además, tengo entendido que el uso de estos signos son una característica distintiva del idioma español. En otras lenguas, como en el inglés, el orden en el cual se escriben las palabras nos da a conocer que nos estamos enfrentando a una pregunta; en el español es el signo de apertura el que cumple esta función.
Reconozco que el problema espacio debe ser algo importante, mas no creo que sea el caso para todos y cada uno de los párrafos dentro del juego. Es por esto que espero que puedan reconsiderar el tema de la omisión de los signos de apertura en las exclamaciones e interrogaciones.

Saludos.

1 Like

@MarinZep If there’s still a vacant I would like to participate!

Ánimo! solo puedo decir sobre lo que he leído que Ferrero no se usa normalmente sea o no su origen, como bien se menciona cambio a Herrero y es la palabra “correcta” ya que la Ferrero esta considerada oficialmente como en desuso.

1 Like

Avisame si necesitan ayuda, tengo un nivel de ingles muy avanzado y español nativo. (Respondo cualquier pregunta por pm)

Mis dies ,------------,-,-,-,-,–,-,-,–,-,-,-,

I’d love to help out where possible :slight_smile: I’m currently working on docs translations from English to Spanish for a couple of open source projects so this sounds like it’ll be fun. I like how seriously the neutral Spanish is being taken, it was one of my concerns before I replied. I am from Chile but grew up in Europe and attended international schools, so I have a knack for using neutral Spanish. I might be a bit lost here but I can only find the repos for the Thai, English and Portuguese translations. I’m looking in the wrong place, aren’t I? Let me know if I can be of any assistance, I’d love to help out!

Edit: Just saw the PDF. It looks really good! Do you all use issues on github as a platform for term discussion or is it all done here?

Still in need of people to translate? i’m a native spanish and studied english since i was 5yo

si quieren puede ayudarlos, tengo mucho (MUCHO) tiempo libre y me interesa el juego, tengo experiencia con juegos online asique conozco los terminos comunes.

Is this closed already? I can help with the translation.

Is this an official translation thread to Spanish? And by the way, Latin American Spanish or Spanish from Spain? :bulb:

El proyecto sigue en pie?

neutral Spanish, read the post.

Saludos, soy español y estaría muy interesado en echar una mano en cualquier cosa que pueda ayudar. Espero este juego con muchísimas ganas, tengo 26 años y he jugado al Ragnarok Online durante más de 8.

Llevo estudiando inglés durante toda mi vida, y hace dos años obtuve el nivel C1 en la escuela oficial de idiomas. Soy absolutamente capaz de traducir cualquier cosa que se me presente y también soy capaz de mantener su significado fielmente, adaptando incluso si hace falta el tamaño u orden de la frase resultante, modificando la estructura de la oración para que parezca menos robótica y más natural, etcétra.

Con esto quiero manifestar mis ganas de entrar en el proyecto de traducción y que por favor os pongáis en contacto conmigo en cuanto leáis este mensaje, quiero ayudar y quiero que este juego y su traducción en castellano salgan adelante.

Gracias por responder.

PD: El correo que más utilizo es larkan_ibz@hotmail.com por si me queréis enviar directamente un privado, no miro el gmail a menudo.

Wow, so many replies.
Let’s see, let’s start from the beginning.
First off, guys, I’d like to apologize…
Work has halted since November because, well, it was near the end of the year. You guys probably know how it is. Exams, proyects, work. It’s a busy time for the year, no matter who you are.
Specifically, I stopped replying because I had too many papers due, and some exams to take, as well.
I’m already “free”, so to speak, but I’m not sure what the status for other team members is. I’ll ask them after I take care of this, though!
Now then, on to the “Q&A” section of this post…!

@EinhartStratos
Sobre los signos de apertura, no son necesarios. Es una caracteristica del español, si, pero no cambia nada en la semantica de una oracion. El contexto es suficiente para saber cuando algo es una pregunta o una exclamacion, ademas del signo “final” de exlcamacion/pregunta. Ademas, de vuelta, el espacio es valioso. No creo que haga mucho cambio tampoco, y si decidimos usar los signos de apertura, ya que mucha gente no esta acostumbrada a usarlos y es probable que se los olviden, alguien va a tener que revisar que esten usadas en cada instancia…

@tsaikoh No, this is not official :stuck_out_tongue: this is just the result of a group of people who said, “Hey! Spanish is cool. Tree of Savior is cool. We should combine those two and make them double cool

Special Thanks to @Saylol for telling other people that this is, in fact, a neutral translation.

Now, since we are resuming the translation, I’d like to ask some of the people who offered themselves up to help if they’re still up for it. Namely,
@ragtime_sp,
@Althaire (Reading what you said on your post, I can’t help but get concerned about how much free time you have available for this)
The aforementioned @Saylol,
And @larkanibz (much like with Althaire, I’m concerned about your time schedules.)

I’d also like to ask the people who have PM’d me (And who I haven’t had the time to reply to) if they still want to lend a hand in the translation. Namely,
@tsaikoh,
@applebto, (really sorry that I couldn’t reply to any of your PMs ;w;)
@sebaturen
And @tpoisoncompany.

Remember, you have to prove you can take on english, alright?

Well, that’d be it…Sorry for the huge tagging spam, and specially, sorry for the delay, but I’d like to get things done right. I think I’ll be working on an updated version of the Guidelines Document, since this one is rather messy, and talking things over with Dylan. We’ve been talking over the possibility of having a blog of some kind, in order to keep the spanish-speaking community updated on the translation, and so we don’t spam this thread every 5 seconds :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I still am, and the time is perfect now as I am on winter recess from uni.

It has been 15 days since my work contract finished. I have already finished my university studies, so right now I am not studying anything and I do not have a work. So yeah, I do have plenty of time to dedicate to this, furthermore, I would really like to be a part of it.

Hace 15 días que se me terminó el contrato de trabajo. Ya he terminado mis estudios universitarios, así que ahora mismo no estoy estudiando nada y no tengo trabajo. O sea que sí, dispongo de tiempo para dedicarle a esto, además tengo muchas ganas de formar parte de ello.

PD: If I still have to have my english proven, I am willing to speak with whoever wants me to through Skype so I can show that I do have the level required.

PD: Si aún tengo que demostrar más inglés, estoy dispuesto a hablar con quien sea por Skype para demostrar que efectivamente tengo el nivel requerido.