Tree of Savior Forum

Updated FAQ on the Latest Announcement

You can buy tokens with silver only if someone selling one at auction. Also the price is dependable. So you have no guarantee you will be able to retrieve your item unless you actually buy TP.

1 Like

Yeah, kind ofā€¦
I meant it more like:
ā€œItā€™s not a different feature or new idea on the genre, itā€™s the same thing, just with a paywall.ā€

Obviously itā€™s different that they are restricting trading like they are, but having the same features and locking them, to most players, isnā€™t a ā€œdifferentā€ MMORPG, itā€™s the same thing with limited access.

1 Like

if this Founder apply on my country, iā€™ll absolutely buy it.
Coz all items and TP you get from this Founder far more benefit compare to money you spend.
About ghost server, if you donā€™t wanna play on Founder server you can claim the founder after f2p server came out right ? Coz the founder pack is in Mail. CMIIW
Just spend 1month on founder server to learn the game.

Totally agree with most of your posts in this topic, but Iā€™m out of likes, sadly(

Hat enhansing ahould be changed to apply bonus from 1 hat only, it will help to avoid all those triplehat monsters and lower harmful impact on the game. 1 hat with 3 different stats is much less harmful then 3 hats with stacked stats (like 3 MS + 3 AoE attack).

Also removing RNG stat from them would help a lot. RNG values are okay, but window should be lowered significantly.

This way itā€™ll be a good item for early start but not too overwhelming in late game.

Totally remove stats would be even better idea but I doubt IMC will do it. Casually obtainable stats is also a good idea, but taking into account the fact that hats are cash shop exclusive it wonā€™t make much difference over paid scrolls with fixed stats and 1 active hat only.

1 Like

Actually there are capped prices on lots of items. So gold sellers wonā€™t be able to buy trash for 1m.

Also the easier way would be buying and reselling tokens instead of buying cash from sellers.

Thereā€™s only so many ways you can make an online role-playing game different. You canā€™t blame the developers for wanting to do something different since so many MMORPGs have failed by doing F2P the same way over and over.

I donā€™t have a problem with doing things differently, I just donā€™t think thereā€™s any reason to lock 1:1 trading other than to add to token benefits.

Like really, why do they want to? Iā€™m having trouble understanding how itā€™s at all related to the longevity of the game. A better solution would be the proposition to disable silver trading but allowing players to trade items I saw earlierā€¦

Thatā€™s a far better idea as it would help discourage Silver sellers and their buyers, while still being able gift your friends items or help out new players without both of you needing tokens.

However, Iā€™d still like to wait on the game to make sure itā€™s actually a problem, as right now, Iā€™ve only got the situations I can imagine.

2 Likes

They should get inspired by games like Path of Exile; a real free to play, cash shop is only cosmetics and additional stash tabs (permanently, not just while under a subscription) and thatā€™s it. Everything else is free; and the developers still make very good money out of it, while preserving a friendly relationship with their fan base.

5 Likes

ā€¦ @Staff_Julie

Are you for real xD.

1:1 Trade was in it. Did they decide before the first tests.
ā€œUhh how abotu adding 1:1 trade as feature?ā€
ā€œSure go aheadā€

Then months later either:
ā€œLetā€™s make it a VIP function to get our VIP up to a level that people will WANT and NEED it.ā€

or

ā€œWe can fight bots when we ruin any tradeing ingame. And we will make players keep farming theyā€™re own stuff which will give us more time till theyā€™re bored! Perfect!ā€

Atm that statement ā€¦ is a bit shady. And we donā€™t know what type of decission was behind even adding 1:1 trade ā€¦ then removing it.
Pleaes eloborate further.

For me this market type would be perfect for tos and still RELEVANT for VIP:

• buy in shops for vip only (convience)
  • market 20 items for normal, 50 for VIP
  • Tax normal 20%, Vip 5 or 10% less.
  • 1:1 Trade for everyone ( if needs to be, Normal has 3 Trades / day. VIP unlimmeted or 30. Otherwise just give acess to it.

Itā€™s true this isnā€™t another mmorpg we are used to.
But just as an fact.
An whole sub game revolves around market/ tradeing.
Which is an incredible timesink itself.
I have seen games fail hard ā€¦ cause they retricted tradeing, to counter bots or to ammas more income.

And both ended up not helping the said cases.

Botā€™s/ Gold Sellers= Will ALWAYS find a way. They life from that.

And in the end you only will annoy your player base.
Itā€™s nic eof you to say we shouldnā€™t expect it to be free. And i prolly will be a token user anyways, as the exp bonus is good enough for me (the shared storage would be nice without potential lossā€¦ or with an silver transfer option).

But if you cant buy your own stuff from market as it was later on icbt2.
How are we expected to give silver to our alts?
Losing 10% as token players is fine in that sheme.
But now i will have to find someone trustworthy, with a token, to trade silver to my alt for either free ( cause friends ingame / forum) or for an charge ā€¦

Pleaes ask your superiors about tradeing and vip benefits again.
The game sells nicely atm ā€¦ and dlc packs wotn be refundable when it starts.

Expect many many many many bad PR topics pooping up all around the web. Ruining potential income more then just giving everyone 1:1 tradeā€¦

That or decrease the price to an level for token, that itā€™s easy to get and doesnā€™t feel like theft ā€¦ just to be able to enjoy the game fully.

18ish bucks is a bit much for an F2P even for an P2P game.
10 bucks would be already ā€œHmm ā€¦ okayā€, for many.
5 bucks would increase the sales expotentialy. As most people would just buy it.

There goes a scientific fact.
People firstly tend to favor the lower ods, if the said reward when winning is bigger then anythign else.
But people also have set values in theyā€™re mind, which need over thinking.

ā€œ5 Bucks? thatā€™s 5 beers ā€¦ hmm. Naw, just get it. Thatā€™s really cheap.ā€
ā€œ10 Bucks ā€¦ Whoa there ā€¦ that costs alot!ā€
ā€œ18 Bucks ā€¦ do i really need that ā€¦ā€

Even if the difference between these three is minimal (but relveant to makeing money) what woudl you guess, makes a higher revenue in the end?

Everyone perceives value differently.
But most wont bother to even think abotu the cost, if itā€™s in no correlation with what they get.

Some games use that to cheat users offf theyā€™re cash.
ā€œHey now just on sale on this app game. The 400$ worth pack of ingame stuff, 92% off!ā€

First you see 400$, then 32 Bucks real cost.
ā€œWhoa thatā€™s cheap. And it will help me wont it?ā€

Some peopel will stop and think ā€œUhh ā€¦ didnā€™t they made that pack to be sold for 32 dollars? So itā€™s only worth 32 dollars ā€¦ not 400?ā€

Itā€™s simple psychological marketing.
But beaware ā€¦ sometimes people want to FEEL that they made a good purchase (a chepa one even too) ā€¦ even if that -92% off item/ pack was never priced fully like that.

11 Likes

Please, @Staff_Julie, read what he wrote. He is correct imho. The whole trading business is flawed right now. Let it be a token featureā€¦but being unable to trade money and even loosing potential when trading within your team is just unnecessary. I hope the game designer can think about thisā€¦itā€™s just something that should not even be limited in any way. Make it a token feature without any lossā€¦it will get more n more people to pay for it. Right now you introduce a pay feature with downsidesā€¦

7 Likes

I completely agree with Greenfoxy there; except trading should be a given, it shouldnā€™t even be a question.
I donā€™t mind spending a few bucks, when I decide I want to, on a game I like; I do mind being pressured to do it, and limiting players in such a poor fashion would kill the game in the long term.
I plan to play with at least four other friend+family, I wonā€™t pay for all of them and I know they wonā€™t pay themselves.
A game gets more money by just adding cosmetics than forcing players to pay for ā€˜funā€™.

5 Likes

Same here. I really want to support the game and I will be a token userā€¦but the features that are locked behind the tokens are not even worth it but are considered basic features that should not even be locked in the first place. How do you explain to a newcomer that you can only trade (even among your own team!) when you pay for it. And even when you pay you still loose potential on the items you tradeā€¦this is what annoys me the most. We pay to unlock a feature and still loose potential on items. Itā€™s such a bad ideaā€¦

2 Likes

Ohh and just as note.
I will buy token, simply for the exp buff.

Even if it doesnā€™t give me any tradeing advantage anymore.

Thatā€™s worth it for me. Would be nice to have it cheaper.
But 18 bucks ā€¦ in the end are 1 hour working for me roughly (after taxation).

itā€™s easy math for me ā€¦ 1 hour spendings, to give myself a 30% boost for my normal 5~10 hours a week. For a month.

Heck i can make overtime on one day and work a bit longer ā€¦ and it saves me hours ingame. Where i can concentrate on the more fun things.

4 Likes

we could do it like in Dragon Nest where you can only input 30 items per week. if you remove it and add it again it will be 28 remaining. Token or premium service can remove the limit or extend it to like 100 a week.

or simply make Marketplace Token exclusive but trading is for free like in Archeage where there are some features in AH that is limited to free users.

both games has a feature that let free users buy pass or premium service to players like in Archeage where you can buy in-game cash points so you can avail for premium service (sandbox like housing that gives produce that we can sell to NPC for gold)

not arguing against you but i agree to everything you said. just want to clear it up if there would be a misunderstanding

ok my own comment:

we really shouldnā€™t make the game as unique as possible like getting everything restricted just because it is free in other mmo. we should learn and improve what successful f2p MMO or online game had done and also take note of what failed them (FFXIV for example).

but if IMC will stick to their own ā€œUniqueā€ Game then i wont be surprised if the game die slowly
well we can see if the playerbase will increase or slowly decrease based on this site [http://steamcharts.com/app/372000]

1 Like

Totally agree with this.

Cheaper token with no 1:1 restrictions and only out of combat ms totally worth it for the exp alone.

And lower market prices+more AH slots is just a great addition.

3 Likes

Do not forget that there are also cash shopā€¦

I donā€™t want any of token benefits. I want buy hairstyles and outfits. (But I want to trade hats with friends)
Casual player will be a high part of the player base.

IMC, you really think of a casual player buying hairstyles, outfits, other cash shop items and even a token???

Even Blizzard will fail so hard with this nonsense system.
And Archeage case not say you anything?

PD: @greenfoxy21 for president!

1 Like

I think the additional movement speed is a token feature nobody really wants or needs. That could be removedā€¦and instead change the trading system some more. Remove the potential loss when trading with the shared storage. Yes, hide some features behind a paywall, but at least make them rewarding when people pay for it. The potential loss is a showstopper imho

3 Likes

they could just focus on making cosmetics for money since people do love kawaii (cute) stuff. in Dungeon Defender II people buy cosmetics even if it cost $40 ( 1 set of costume ) even though some complains, they know that the dev dont have any other means of getting income aside from selling cosmetics.

i know that people can afford buying $30~$40 cosmetics as long as the design is good else make it like $5 for rental (30 days) or $15 for permanent.
can also sell unique emoticons (whole body moves not just simple duckface stuff)

people will understand that and will support it even free users will put like $5 - $15 if IMC can provide the features that we really really need but restricted by a cash item

6 Likes

I want it.

Then people would just complain about how P2W that is :joy::ok_hand:

Itā€™s ot even noticeable. Even in pvp.

Thereā€™s other things that give you way way more speed.
And 3 movspeed is just ridiculus xDā€¦

10% increase ā€¦ rather then that they should give you the ability to ride companions, which give 20% movement speed bonus. Outside of PvP and will dismoutn itself when takeing damage.

(riding, no attacking. Just for horse movement bonus other games sell too. And with great sucess!)

3 Likes