Tree of Savior Forum

Updated FAQ on the Latest Announcement

I won’t even get that far with my friends most of them have said pass after reading how trade/market works in this game.

And with no friends wanting to play, its making wonder if i want to.

I mean IMC should make items tradeable for everyone but silver for noone.

1 Like

Eh. You really don’t need gear to get started in this game. It is provided to you via quests.

In RO, there was a point to trading gear around because the content would be very hard for a beginner to get into. The game was very sandbox-esque, and did not hold your hand.

This game holds your hand till 200.

“my friend started playing, I’ll just make an alt and we can have a good time playing together”

Don’t worry, I understand completely. I’m turned off by this whole situation in general, honestly, so I’ll be bowing out as well, unfortunately. The friends that I do have which participated in iCBT2 were interested in playing the full version, but after seeing these shenanigans, they’re not interested any more either.

1 Like

“My friend started playing, this game is linear as ■■■■ and i don’t want to do it again ill watch and wave as he passes by.”

Ok, with this i can easely agree

It’s not a matter of whether you NEED the gear or not, it’s a matter of helping people out, period. If I find some stuff that I don’t need, I’d like to help a friend (or stranger) out by giving it to them instead of letting it go to waste. Sure, I could put it up on the market, but with the insane sales tax now (and having to wait to collect your silver, lol), I’d be better off just giving it to them, but because we both don’t have a token to use, it’s going to go to waste.

I reached the cap (200 at the time) in iCBT2, so I’m well aware of how much the game holds your hand, but it’s the principle of the thing here. We could never have a single piece of gear to trade the entire time, but I’d still be upset that trading is behind a paywall because that’s just a ■■■■ move.

2 Likes

I made like 3 alts in iCBT, enjoyed every one. =P

My suggestions are not based on ragnarok, they’re based on my experience with every mmo I’ve played. It’s really not a big deal though. It’s clearly an opinion. Ignore it — I am sure imc will.
(granted most of my suggestions were to leave things as they are…)

(it’s fine if you think interacting with your own characters is a bad thing, but couldn’t you have just made a post of your own saying “I think this is bad” instead of making one saying “Your ideas are bad, stop giving them?” — of course you’re entitled to but…)

& I totally agree that my one opinion does not measure up — which is why I specifically stated — did my very best — I am not sure I could have made it any more clearer — that this was only a factor in the games longevity FOR ME. :sweat_smile:

Imagine you were a kid and you had never played a game before and started playing Tree of Savior.

They are going to be confused by these restrictions

If I was seriously a kid, a child with no gaming experience, it would be confusing — & I wouldn’t understand why there were so many hoops I had to go through in order to interact with my friends and myself… but that’s me, that’s the kind of person I am — maybe that’s not who you are, or your experience, but that’s totally fine too! Either the majority will rule & people like me will just stay confused, or there will be compromise.

Anyway, i’m plenty tired of the complaints too — I’m not by any means trying to spread the doom & gloom that so many on the forums have been. I do not think ToS is ruined or going to fail blah blah — It is & will be a fun game, like I said.

I’m well aware IMC is working hard and they have many better things to focus on. That doesn’t mean people should stop making suggestions though. IMC is fully capable of prioritizing and taking note of things to perhaps work on at a later date.

(also i’m really sorry if any of that is snappy, because I really don’t mean it to be. :confounded: I’m very much looking forward to ToS & fully believe IMC is competent enough that it won’t be harmed by allowing me to muse my ideals. I always make sure it’s clear that it’s my opinion and don’t state things ‘matter of factly’ which i’ve seen often on the forums.)

these things will blow over

3 Likes

Well, it’s not really fair to expect everyone else to make alts just because you enjoyed making them. That’s why I didn’t really buy into your whole “oh, I can’t trade gear to my friend, so I’ll just make an alt and level with them” argument because it sounds like you’re trying to justify this trade scheme. If my friend starts playing, I’m usually just going to keep playing on my main anyway because I enjoy playing that character and if I don’t feel like making an alt, it’s unfair for you to judge me or say it’s my fault I’m not helping even though it’s the trade system at fault.

1 Like

With only 5 character slots, you’ll run out of opportunities quickly to do this. Unless there’s an easy/feasible way to create more teams

2 Likes

No one is judging anyone here, just a difference of opinion.

Same situation here for me and my wife. It’s a shame

I’ve been playing mmorpg f2p games since i was 12. I prefer the more sandbox style mmo where i can freely explore, interact with whomever i want, trade with whomever i want and build my character the way I want.

I am aware of the specifics to why you said what you said. Which is exactly why I disagreed with it. Honestly I found it very hard to get into Tree of Savior because it was not at all what i was expecting.

I honestly would have agreed prior to playing the game and still have various hiccups that I wish to be addressed. It’s still early in the development and expecting things to be a certain way when this is certainly a niche mmorpg. A lot of people will be dissapointed. But a lot of the problems stem from the fact that there is actually TOO much freedom. And because of that each of your characters will grow independantly of each other regardless of your suggestions.

Sorry I wasn’t clear, maybe I also sounded defensive. But I’m glad that I was able to read your views. For the most part they make sense, unless you have played the game. Sorry again… I have to stop here. Feel free to respond if you wish to continue this conversation. You are a very polite and well-spoken individual. Would love to hear more.

1 Like

didnt bother reading other comment

i think since the time that kToS announce that they are removing trading, people on this forum keep on saying that we shouldn’t follow their ways and should allow 1:1 trading in iToS. if you, IMC, want to take our suggestions then i think that you should implement the 1:1 trading.

i think most of the players said that they dont want that restriction and are fine with most of the advantage of tokens. if you dont bother reading our suggestion regarding trading, then you might as well deserved to lose customers every month until the game dies like in kToS where it is very slowly dying.

Interesting question. I hadn’t thought about that. I assume the question is no, you can’t see people’s Steam ID. But I can’t be sure. Can anyone confirm?

TOS wasn’t designed around Steam, so no, you can’t see anyone’s Steam ID in-game.

I assumed that I just wanted it to be confirmed for uhh reasons >->

For all those who whine about tokens. How about you look @ this from another perspective.

Goldsellers ?? or how about destroying the ah ?? no moneysink ??
you guys really dont think out of the box do you ?

Dont worry people will sell tokens on the ah for silver, so free to play players will have the option to stay free. The work is just harder.

Just think about what i wrote… and yes my english is pretty bad.

So why not simply remove battle stats and core features from token/cash shop and let them sell it on AH just like now?

Nobody will lose from it.
Battle stats can be replaced by utility ones.
Like 3 MS -> 4-5 MS out of combat
1:1 trading - > cheaper token price, 2 items/stacks per day instead of 30 per month. 1 item/stack per day for free users.
Interaccount item transfer - > 2 additional interaccount transfer slots to a base 1.
Lower token price to ~150.