Tree of Savior Forum

Unofficial Rogue Nerf Megathread + Class Discussion

Is this build good for PVE(Archer3>Scout>Rogue3) ? Lacks of AOE

I think it’s fine but yes, it lacks AOE. Get at least Ranger C1 for Barrage. Scout is really just utility, you can drop it if you think you can live w/o mobile invisibility.

How about your build ?

Archer > Quarrel Shooter C3 > Rogue C3

Is it good ? For now, no build is the best build for Rogue ?

Best is subjective. Best build for PVP or Best build for PVE?

The reason why I took Quarrel Shooter C3 is because of Running Shot, it’s really powerful single target buff and it keeps me on the move for consistent rear hits so my Sneak Hit would proc criticals for me. My build is pure STR with some CON to prevent getting OHKO’d, means I need to be more mobile to avoid attacks.

Reason for Rogue C3 is because of Burrow and maximized burst for Backstab. Not to mention, my build includes taking Vendetta and it’s a free +75 STR which you won’t get anywhere easily. 90% critical rate on Lv15 Sneak Hit is also a very welcome upgrade as it would almost absolutely get rid of white numbers.

My build is purely PVE.

1 Like

Okay, thx you. My build will be Archer3>Scout>Rogue3, ehh is Twin Arrows good ?

I think it’s very good considering it has so many charges with just 7s cooldown. Perfect for upgrading it’s damage attribute unto high levels because of it’s high sustained dps.

Backstab got nerfed or got bugged ? Did you contact with IMC ?

Backstab is not bugged and it has been nerfed

Can you show me the Patch Note ?

The problem with this build is that you practically have 0 AOE capability.

Build is solid, but isn’t it a bit limited on the AOE side?

There weren’t any patch notes, as far as I know, IMC simply ninja nerfed it. The only relevant thing that was listed is that Karacha Set bonus Backstab damage increase was nerfed from 4x to 3x damage

I have a partner Linker C2 who is with me 99% of the time so I don’t mind lacking AOE. I’m happy that those tanky Truffles are taking all my Backstab damage unlike other mobs, it feels satisfying lol

No patch note but someone posted a video on one of the earlier replies here. It shows how a non-karacha Backstab did 10k-ish while 30k+ with karacha set.

Edit: Found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bIxVvTQGg
Credits to stasik4

I hope Rogue is fixed/buffed. I switched mains to a Rogue and I think I am way too lazy to re-do it again.

You should contact with IMC. If it is a bug, they may fix it :smiley:

So, i would like to compare builds and skill points with you, helping us and the OP.
Im going for C3 rogue, now C1 30 str/con and rest at dex. As burrow only stack critical i´m going for 1 point there, 10/10 backstab 3/10 for atributte on lacry.
Focused for PVP going for Archer C3 Scout 1 and Rogue C3 for the easy soloing things. Now I find myself doing high damage at dungeons, with linkers i fell like doing as much as damage as our elementalist buddy.
2/15 Sneak - starts at 62% crit buff 1min cooldown, leveling it up is best for keeping the buff up all time not the 2% per point (wich is awesome anyway, just valuing it). For the PVP aspect it s a offensive cooldown, so you can manage to stay 50% uptime with no great loss. Oposed to that aspect at defensive buffs, wich you will want to had all time at PVP for long fights (i guess PVE invert those, you will have a tank or will hardly be focused/easy to lose threat).
15/15 Feint - As a debuff it values from time duration then the effects (as anyone at your team could benefit from it). Also it starts at 10% debuff toping at 150% evasion debuff, wich seems huge at PVP. Doesnt really matter at PVE i guess, but is like Vendetta on the take it all or don´t.
1/15 Capture. From my research most of ground spells are single tiled and can be copied from their borders, like the pyro ground spells. Also, if I copy a lvl 10 Heal with 15 tiles (i guess) i only copied back 1 tile of heal. But as pretty much all ground spells but heal count as 1 tile, i can see the benefit of 3 full life bars of healing, but too expensive for a trick. (?)
No vendetta and 10/10 evasion for the annoyng relentless rogue.
My question is is best to have 5 points at capture for the minor heal maybe, 5 at Sneak Hit wich will net almost full uptime (as I had with 8 Swift Step and 5 Cloak, 3 to 5 seconds unbuffed), or even a low lvl vendetta? Probably going for the Capture, but will like to hear opinions, ty.

Why not Pure STR and some CON ?

Capture really requires very high level to be effective but at the moment, it’s bugged and can capture as many ground spells at Lv1.

Lv5 Sneak Hit should only work for you as you don’t plan to go full STR.