Tree of Savior Forum

Tree of Restrictions/Tree of Arbitrary Rules is going to fail hard, and only IMC is to blame

Two words: Open Beta

They’re still ironing out the kinks here. Game hasn’t officially released.

TL;DR give us full mechanics patch notes.

not open beta lol, its an early release. This IS the game.

Hey hey, stop this sh it.

We can all go back to the grind anyway in 5 minutes? XD

Heh, so you were expecting to have a huge exp bonus without any punishment?

If you want a good party composition make the party yourself, the matchmaking is a gamble and if the exp bonus is so huge is because you are at risk to end up with a horrible party that would make you die a lot, or with something that wold make it impossible to finish the dun.

With all due respect, the IMC team has been listening to players complaints and suggestions. They will lift the item potential decrease on team storage trade, announced here APR 26 PATCH UPDATES
Of course, I think most of us rather just have one giant shared storage box for our team though…

You are given a way to understand classes ahead of time.
It’s called researching, using Youtube reference videos and checking the forums. Or just test it out as you go along, you don’t have to make a perfect first character and I’m sure down the road, a reset item will be in the TP market.

And there will always be some form of class imbalance in all games, and the point is for all the classes to come together as a team to support each other in the greater picture - GvG.

The trading mess you are talking about is the IMC team trying to its best to not hand over the economy to the bots, gold buyers/sellers, shady players, etc… who just ruin the game and eat up server space and bandwidth. If the game didn’t have to worry about illegal stuff happening, there wouldn’t be all these trade restrictions.

The game has good potential and still does, there’s still enough support for it. They’re still fixing things as they go along.

Nothing in life is truly for free. You have to pay for things in the real world too. Artists, programmers, the IMC staff - people aren’t developing a game without a salary, so there’s nothing wrong with the TP shop as a way for players to “give back” to the guys that made it all happen. DLC is a very legit way for the company to make money and stay alive.

Don’t like the game? Nothing is stopping you from deleting your characters, uninstalling it and removing it from your hard drive.

errr… you are feeding it. XD

1 Like

Still too early to whine. Give IMC some time .

pretty much every game ever.

oh god yes, so hard to comprehend. and now they’re making it available to everyone, with limitations, oh no.

yes, gambling is another distinctly hard to understand concept. that’s what queueing for a random party is. you take a GAMBLE, and if you win, you’re rewarded with 6x the exp.

mhmm, yes, no way at all. certainly couldn’t ask other players that are ahead of you.

really? as a male player, i’ve never noticed. on the flip side, all my characters are female, so… still didn’t notice.

yes, they should have made a big announcement well ahead of time so the botters can stock up on cheap accounts first.

yea, they’ve said that was going to be the case from the start.

if you were going to blame the players for “being ignorant, jumping in without checking, and then crying about it later”, then you’d finally have a point i agree with.

…you haven’t actually been in a lot of f2p games before have you?

damage boosts, storage “rentals”, upgraded weapons for sale… or sometime even only for rent… custom characters for $30… partially leveled characters for $25… and this is only the stuff i’ve seen that comes right off the top of my head.

Since you mentioned it, Age of Conan actually doubled its profits on going f2p, vs when it was on subscription.

if you really think it -is- great, then why does every post you start about it seem to be bashing on some aspect or another?

i should have just left it at this.

1 Like

Pretty much…no MMO ever that has the functionality of an account-wide bank. Shared bank. Look it up. I’ll give you a hint though, it’s the same ■■■■ as team storage except not idiotic and restricted for no reason like TOS.

You must have some trouble comprehending yourself, because I didn’t say it was hard to understand. I said it was a convoluted and hampered mess. IE riddled with unnecessary restrictions.

Look at you, touting the wonderful event of them making trade available to everyone, like they’re gracing us with their unrequited blessing.

Let’s just ignore the fact that it’s ■■■■■■■ stupid in the first place that we have the restrictions, yeah, ok.[quote=“tzxazrael, post:50, topic:223785”]
yes, gambling is another distinctly hard to understand concept. that’s what queueing for a random party is. you take a GAMBLE, and if you win, you’re rewarded with 6x the exp.
[/quote]

This is quite possibly the dumbest justification I’ve ever read for the increased EXP for random queue.

You never discourage grouping in an MMO. EVER. It’s like the ■■■■■■■ #1 rule on the list of “THINGS YOU MUST NEVER DO IF YOU’RE DEVELOPING AN MMO”.

Haha, u funny.

Again, it appears the PEBKAC in terms of how awful your comprehension is of the dire situation TOS is in before it’s even out the door to the F2P world.

Yes, defend horrible company communication. I’m just dying to know how well you’d run any consumer-based business. You’d probably run it like Valve does Steam.

Source? Oh, there likely isn’t any because your entire post is like a pheonix raising from the depths of your ass.

This doesn’t even make sense in the context of what you quoted.

I’ve played plenty, and nice quote modification because I said SUCCESSFUL F2P games. The ones that do cash shops right and are brilliantly successful without all this arbitrary bullshit IMC is doing with TOS to, lol, combat bots and RMT.

Yes, that is usually the case, hence Tree of Savior gains nothing by feigning as a F2P game when in actuality the game is naked without using the TP shop.

I swear if somebody uses the “Just use silver to buy a token” line, I will punch you in whatever private parts you possess.

Why is this on “New” I swear I have seen tc make this same thread before :expressionless:

2 Likes

Incorrect, I’ve never made a thread like this.

It wouldn’t be that hard to check my post history and see that for yourself, you ding dong.

there is a vacancy in my local mcdonalds, if u have no life maybe u can come to work in mcd and contribute to society instead of shitposting here?

i suppose you forgot about your psychiatric check up yesterday?

1 Like

100% Agree. A punishment for people playing with their friends. In an MMO. lol.

Lets see, I wonder if this post will have anything new that hasn’t already been posted and refuted 9,000 times.

Yep. And this is 100% fair. Want to know what isn’t fair? Only needing to work once to get a good item because then you can share it between every character on your entire account. But they let you do it even though it is unfair, you just have to buy a token, so if you are that lazy just buy a token and tada, you can play EZ Mode all you want.

This one is actually a legitimate point, 1:1 trading should be available to all players without needing a token. However, they have compromised and made it so players without tokens can trade, but the items become untradable afterwards which shows they are at least willing to change things that are bad, so maybe in time they will fully open trade to everyone.

Duh. A random party is going to have a harder time completing a dungeon than a pre-formed party because there is no guarantee what classes you’re going to get, so of course they should get better rewards for the added challenge.

Most games don’t. They usually have some sort of short class description on the website/in game and that’s about it. So yeah, I guess they could add a class list to the guide section but this isn’t a big deal.

I’d like to see an example because I have no idea what the hell you’re talking about.

They didn’t forget, they didn’t announce it on purpose so that the bots/scammers couldn’t rush to buy tons more of the super cheap discount packages. Announcing it beforehand would have totally defeated the entire ■■■■■■■ point of the temporary price raise.

This is your second legitimate point, however it is only semi-legitimate as we do not currently know whether we will be getting those balance changes or not. The likely issue is that there are so many issues with the launch that those changes are low on the international team’s priority list, as they should be. Making the game run smoothly is much more important than the fine-tuning, hell there are games that have been out for 10+ years and are STILL working on balance issues. So we will in reality probably get those changes after they get the more important things dealt with. However if we don’t then yes, you are correct that is a big problem.

Omfg, please f*ck off with your bait shitposts! The very first one was amusing but now they’re just tired! It’s like a kid who just keeps telling the same joke over and over. Get a new joke.

Why don’t you say this to everyone else who posted a bait image right here, on this very thread? Did I get you triggered? :grin:

You must be playing a different game. Why in the world are you trying to invalidate every point OP made, to the point where you argue the claim of female cosmetic prices being disproportionally high. It’s in the game dude, this isn’t speculation. I commend op for even responding to your dumb post.

1 Like