Tree of Savior Forum

Tree of Restrictions/Tree of Arbitrary Rules is going to fail hard, and only IMC is to blame

Yup. I’ve readied my flame shield and I’ll take all of you who have the gumption to contest these simple observations, as a person playing MMOs for a very long time, popular and not, Tree of Savior is primed and ready to experience the biggest and most disappointing MMO release for a game of its potential that I can think of in the past several years.

I don’t know if it’s a “Korean mindset” or just lack of investigation as to what works to the more western audiences, but there is a sheer and utter lack of comprehension of what “works” and “absolutely no fuckin’ way” doesn’t.

• You’ve restricted trade between a persons’ own characters.
  • You’ve restricted trading between other players through a convoluted and hampered mess.
  • You’ve disallowed pre-formed parties to experience the same benefits as a randomly formed queue party.
  • You’ve given absolutely no way to understand classes ahead of time before permanently picking them with no option to relinquish that decision, whether of limited use or not.
  • You’ve arbitrarily priced female items higher than male items, which is almost like a bad joke especially if you actually consider female players.
  • Your PR team is an unmitigated nightmare waiting to happen (forgetting to announce drastic price increases for several regions during a planned limited time offer sale).
  • Your ITOS development team is clearly severed from the original KTOS team, given we can observe class balance changes that differ between the two, generating what is going to most likely be the most frustrated player base on the planet as we watch the “better version” get all the changes that we should both be getting.

Through no fault of it’s own, what could be a promising game with amazing visuals and a fantastic artistic direction is shaping up to be one of the most disappointing blah-fests we’ve seen since Age of Conan hit, because your team is too focused on ‘gaming’ the system to entice TP shop usage instead of just following in the footsteps of other successful F2P games and trying to emulate how they do their cash shops. The amount of cash-pandering is so visible it hurts, I weep for the artists and visionaries that brought this game to life, for it to be trashed and sullied by whatever god awful economic strategists you’ve recruited, who clearly have way more reach than just how much something costs on the TP shop. You’ve engineered your entire game to require money. At this point, most games tend to add a subscription fee, but you? Noooo, noooo, you think it’s best to just keep on keepin’ on with the ugly look of greed all over your misguided faces. Out of touch doesn’t seem to even come close to how I would describe some of this.

This game could be great, hell it is great, it’s just too bad it had to be run in to the ground before it even got off it due to such massive incompetence on a grand scale that has nary been seen in an MMO since Dragon Nest lost 2 years of player data.

23 Likes
10 Likes

^ My look when IMC made any decision ever.

1 Like

You do know how this forum works, right? Friendly warning:

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/63779674.jpg

TL:DR

P2W P2W P2W

If IMC had not been actively addressing things the way they have been, the community would have noticed and shrunken a lot by now. I think they are a doing a good job putting up with a player group that thinks it deserves compensation for every mob that god ks’d in the game. Jesus.

1 Like

OP, here’s some asbestos to prevent the flame from the white knight.

2 Likes
12 Likes

Irl -> Male haircut 5$ ; Female haicut 45$. So it’s just adjusted to real life when it comes to hairstyles. :smiley:

1 Like

I disagree with this completely. Skyliner and steady aim required a nerf. I’m 95% sure that the devs want to see different metas appear on each server, which would make things quite interesting.

You know, you are not wrong.

But I have played Maple Story for many years, and read many many posts like yours on MS forum. Guess what? That game still lives.

Sometimes things just, well, not turn out like we expected, whether good or bad.

Eh, I’ll let others deal with this cause in a lot of matters OP isn’t wrong.

Time to grab a chair.

1 Like

Are you purposefully ignoring the litany of class balance changes that KTOS has to several classes that absolutely need them here?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

6 Likes

You should also add the fact that they are promoting that players should make multiple characters YET there is no way to transfer silvers to your alternate characters. Yes there is the team storage to transfer items but how to learn attributes with items? Not possible.

After the maintenance, the best way to transfer silvers to alts seems to be buying Talts from market and putting it on team storage. Still rather bad method because you’d be losing silvers since there’s no sane person to sell Talts at 5k. I seriously have no idea why they also disabled you to buy items from your alt. They could just allow silvers to be stored on team storage since they are promoting players to make multiple characters.

2 Likes

5 Likes

OP has some points i agree, mainly with the cosmetic prices, but i think the game will do just fine regardless.

This is how moderator feels sometimes facing text walls

3 Likes

Ah, yeah I did make some grammatical errors. Sorry.

Got a bit of a headache and I’m not the kind who can just sleep like nothing…

That being said I’m mainly on the same as you, I agree with some points but pretty sure the game will be fine regardless.

Everyone, let me redirect you to a much better topic to spend your time in.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/load-a-loli-ok-hand/183977/116