Tree of Savior Forum

Trade not allowed

What the hell are you talking about, 99% of the players want to see P2P trading enabled, without losing item potential, if I may add.

The current system makes Alchemists and Pardoners obsolete, it makes crafting obsolete, as you can’t even set a buy shop anymore and it makes interacting with your alts borderline retarded.

Stop serving as a white knight.

1 Like

Piss off, and stop using ‘white knight’ incorrectly. I already said I am done with this topic so whine at someone else.

and this is going to happen more than 30 times a month? but okay, maybe i would agree that the trade count could be higher for token users. But yeah, as it is right now, f2p users would just have to suck it up because they cant expect to have everything a p2p user has and most importantly because it would hurt the game even more to allow free trading because of the points i mentioned above. Just because other games gave a damn on the RMT Problem, doesnt mean IMC should act the same. Only way to solve this Point wouldnt be by allowing trading for everyone but instead introduce a better Party loot System, to distribute the items to the people that need them. And this would be imho the better way better option to solve your above mentioned Problem. Allowing free trading will screw the game up royally.

nowhere did i say that, and you shouldnt act like its not possible to trade Equipment in ToS because there is still a market place for trading.

@Remiri You are the one defending this flawed system not me. And for the record, if you are “done” with this topic, then kindly ■■■■ off without responding.

Yeah no, I am not going to ■■■■ off when some kid calls me a white knight. Either make your point without insulting or stfu yourself.

@Remiri That’s a lot of reaction coming from someone who considers himself mature and supposedly not bias.

@rayuki “and this is going to happen more than 30 times a month?”

I’ve must have used 25 out of 30 transactions while trading random hats/weapons to my girlfriend in the first two days.

You are damn right it is a reaction. You earned it.

Everyone is biased, don’t kid yourself.

Not towards a company they aren’t, hence the term fanboy.

You obviously never played an MMORPG with a friend from start to finish, did you? When I leveled up with my brother in Tera, we traded like 10 times a day.

@Someone who said that every MMORPG nowadays uses Bind-on-Pickup system, lol you’re so wrong. Most games use Bind-on-Equip system, and BoP is limited to legendary end-game weapons and armors.

1 Like

You obviously didnt bother to read the whole thread.

smh

yesh, i play MMOs because i like playin solo :wink: - but yeah i was thinking in Terms of so called “endgame” equipment thats really worth trading. But as i stated in the post you quoted, i already wrote that i would agree on giving p2p user more trades

well, ALL THOSE things will reduce bots incidence in 70% but it will reduce incidence of players in 50% as well.
I have 10 friends all played in beta with all bugs and problems they loved the game but with these restrictions 6/10 decided not play this even when it become f2p.

and this game isnt pay to win, i more like pay to play, ah u can buy token from players, yeah but AH is limiting the minor price for 500k i guess.

and you cant trade silvers, i dont know if u can trade token in trade.
well it’s almost pay to play and still have bots. so players are losing, the IMC is winning more money and bots still are winning too, but just players are losing to keep playing.

Ah, you’re a solo player in an MMORPG, now that’s amusing :cat:

I too have about 6 friends playing together atm, and the consensus is clear from all of them. If trading is not added back before the end of the founder’s period, they are not going to play. Too many other games to waste time with something as asinine as basic game-play features being removed.

And to be honest, I posted a screenshot above that shows how little the trade restriction has on bots/gil farmers. They are still massively rampant in KTos even with these restrictions. They will always find a way.[quote=“etielollecram, post:172, topic:158323”]
he IMC is winning more money and bots still are winning too, but just players are losing to keep playing.
[/quote]

And that’s the key. “Preventing gil sellers” was just the smoke screen excuse they used to push this money grab on the players. It tricked some who just don’t seem to care about the overall health of the game, but to the large majority, it’s unacceptable.

2 Likes

If a solo player’s game without trade. You’ll enjoy it since you don’t have friends to play it together with; you can do it solo as if its a single player game. Unfortunately, I do, and I need trade to interact with them, and to interact with other players with either Alchemical services, to get the materials I need, or to be nice to others.

You know, the stuff the majority of players like to do in MMORPGs: Interact with each other.

If happens several time a day with me and my four friends. Remember, this is 30 trades a month, and its using TWO trades per person, so its $1.20 total between two people to trade. We’d be out of trades within a few days between just us.

While the game does need better drop/loot systems, that doesn’t help with general interaction between players, such as Alchemist/Pardoners, those who need materials for such classes to make their items, and those who likes to help others.

this is the most idiotic thing I’ve ever heard. That’s like saying “Every existing MMORPG game was screwed up because it had free trading. After 20 years, this game finally got it right”. Please think a little before you say things.

The Market Place fails to do its job. Players are hesitant to put anything up in shop. They can only have one item up at a time, so generally they’ll want to put up something that’s actually worth something. Things like materials probably wont be readily available, just basic weaponry. The time it takes for your item to even show up on the AH as well as the time it takes to receive your silvers interrupts the entire process of making silver. Again, I’m not going to pay for the silvers to come to me immediately. “Its my money and I want it now” as that commercial goes. The game will get a few less players if things aren’t fixed by the end of the founder’s month, and I’ll probably be one of them. Its a shame.

In any case, the company is trying to feed off the hype around this game under the guise of “stopping RMTers”, which does not stop RMTers anyway, hoping the weak and stupid will fall for their token nonsense for basic things like trade, a market, and even trading items between your own characters.

Without Trade, there’s no economy. IMC is trying to force the economy to their own design with lack of trading and a constrained market system. They are also trying to force their tokens for silvers, making them their own RMT, basically saying “We don’t want you paying someone else real money in order to get your silvers, so instead you can buy our ‘Tokens’, sell those, and get your silvers that way!”, and try to make those Tokens more appealing by giving taking away our basic features such as trading and team storage all just to make their money. Even with the tokens, trade is extremely limited.

As I said before, without players, you aren’t going to be making much money. “You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar”, or so the saying goes. This token scam is the vinegar and I’m not touching it, and if it doesn’t change, I’m not staying either, meaning they will never get any money from me, and my friends feel the same way, to which I’m currently playing with 4 others. If they choose to treat us better, maybe we can stay for the long haul and have no issues supporting the game.

In the end, just because you really want to like this game doesn’t mean you should accept the crap the company is feeding you. If they’re treating you wrong, you let them know you wont stand for it, because without players, there’s no game, so its not just about “IMC’s decisions” as you guys like to prattle on about. Our decisions, especially the one to not support with money until things change for the better, shows judgment to their “decisions”, and they will have to “decide something else” if they want to save the game and see more money in the long run.

When the game dies and the gaming website headlines say “IMC’s Tree of Savior shutting down”, after reading about the unethical trade restrictions, shady token for silver transactions, and pay to win features like enchant scrolls (and who knows what else in the future), maybe the next company that might be interested in licensing this game wont make the same mistake.

4 Likes

I too can echo this sentiment. I have never had a problem paying a little extra (or even sometimes a lot extra) to help out developers and spend a bit here and there in a cash shop. I would never drop a penny on a developer who treated it’s players with the disrespect we are receiving at the moment however.

The 9.99 founder pack was bought for me by a friend and it will be the only monies IMC ever see from my direction if simple features like trade are not re-added to the game.

3 Likes

Adding my voice to the thread without having read all of it, so this may be repetitive.

I can’t believe some of you are actually defending this completely bullshit cash grab tactic. Black Desert does the same thing “to discourage gold sellers” and it doesn’t ■■■■■■■ work and it’s the primary reason I stopped playing that game. I want to be able to play with my friends, but when these kinds of restrictions exist it’s more like I’m just playing along side my friends, and that’s not fun!!! As everyone else has said, this trade restriction needs to be removed if you want to find success in western markets at all. I just feel sorry for the Korean players who apparently are willing to put up with this crap.

Between the game being unplayable and learning that that trading is locked behind tokens I’m sincerely considering just getting a refund and saying ■■■■ this game entirely.

I’ve been looking forward to this game for so long now, and I really liked the betas, and I’ll deal with lag. But come on, no trading? Seriously? I was even going to use a class build where trading spell scrolls to my friends was going to be 100% part of it, so now you’re even disabling features of your own classes. What. the. hell. is. wrong. with. you.

5 Likes

If you are not a paying user you can not use it on your alt though, because you are not allowed to use cross character storage unless you pay. Just saying.

They could of at least allow people to sell it for under 500k :rage:

I spent a couple minutes thinking about this and wouldn’t it be reasonable to set up the trading so that everyone could trade with the following restrictions:

• Tokens can not be traded directly and must be sold on the market. Remove minimum price of tokens.
  • Silver can not be traded without a token. Sorry but if you are F2P you’ll have to sell or buy items from the market or work off a barter system.
  • Remove limited amount of trades for token users.
  • F2P players get the 30 trades a month limit. Please use them wisely.

I honestly feel like this would be a compromise that would help combat bots and also keep f2p users pretty happy.

Edit: Changed the list to bullet points.

1 Like