Tree of Savior Forum

Trade not allowed

Come on, seriously? i can’t trade because i don’t have a token?!?!?!?! WTF

25 Likes

Yup you cant and everyone knew about it beforehand.

2 Likes

Features of the game are not rights, they are privileges. IMC chose to put trading behind a paywall.

Most people assumed and hoped IMC wouldn’t go through with it for the West, because that has NEVER gone well for Western audiences.

Buuuuut. Cash grabs are too strong for business mindsets.

6 Likes

I would have preferred them to put the entire game behind a paywall, but alas.

Anything that makes gold sellers’ lives inconvenient, even if they find workarounds(which can be fixed), I am OK with.

8 Likes

In the future, you should research your games a bit more properly. This will avoid things that don’t favor your game play style/taste.

You can’t really point fingers on this one.

You must have mis-quoted. I am happy that trade is behind a paywall.

I do know the hope existed for some and personally I don’t deem it a feature that should be kept behind a paywall.
But they stated that it would be and never,
at any point stated they might consider changing that.
As they use that as a way to fight bots.
(Yes I personally know thats a futile attempt)
So yeah i hope they consider it in the future, for the freeloader peoples sake.
Anyways it was common knowledge that the tradelock was in place.

1 Like

I hope they don’t. They offer nothing

Ah, yes, I did indeed. I do apologize. I’ve been reading like a mad man in the last couple minutes. :grin:

Wouldnt concern me either as I’m paying my part as well^^

Again, they never stated anything other than “they’re looking into it”. That’s why the community was so annoyed, they never straight up told us what they would do with it, and then just left it the way it was.

Yup, in that you are correct. But as they havent announced a change to that system after that, one should assume nothing was changed.
Not guilty until proven otherwise, and so on.

I still think people have the right to be annoyed when the developers of the game don’t have the best for the game in mind. Day 1 of release and doing things that hurt it like that isn’t exactly a good thing.

2 Likes

This is not hurting the game. Atm the only thing that is hurting the game is the unstable server which as well is nothing new in the MMO-Genre. Every launch stutters and breaks two or three of its legs before it starts crawling and finally walking.
But the trading thing is not hurting the game.imho Its ungraceful yeah but it isn’t hurting anything either.

Not letting the majority of players trade with their friends and other players in an MMORPG is bad for the game. It is indeed hurting it. That’s fact. That’s how MMORPG’s work…

2 Likes

Leeching is hurting the game as well, just saying.

People seem to be forgetting that you can’t trade silver in this game via 1:1. Also I believe the buy-in shop was also disabled.

So… what’s the point of limiting trade again? To stop gold sellers? I’m seeing redundancy here…

8 Likes

Leeching? As in, people who aren’t wanting to pay for basic MMORPG functions are bad for the game because they’re trying to leech items off people who do pay?

No. Plenty of people are willing to support the game with things like costumes and hairstyles and anything cosmetic. Hence why most even remotely successful F2P MMO’s with cash shops don’t paywall basic functions.

This game is marketed as a F2P MMO. Not pay to get basic functions MMO.

2 Likes

Quick question. When was the last time you had to pay 18€/$ a month to be able to trade in an mmo?

5 Likes