Tree of Savior Forum

Trade not allowed

I think, at the very, very least, they could implement a need-before-greed rolling system for loot. I know it’d be copying numerous other MMOs, but there’s a reason a whole bunch of MMOs use the same idea.

1 Like

Daily bump.

This needs to change!!!

We want free trade. I’ll bump this topic until the problem will be solved.

1 Like

I’m curious what the Korean community thinks of limited trading, especially since they get all the feature before we do. Just wondering if it’s a global complaint or just something that’s specific to our community.

If what i have heard is right, then they protested quite heavily before this change was put in place. But i dont have a source on it, but that is what i have heard.

Korean players protested against the removal of trade.

Websites focusing on MMO games also wrote about it.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2015-12-29/tree_of_savior_korean_players_protest_against_the_remove_of_direct_trading.shtml

3 Likes

Cafrisun set, a level 15 set, has decent enough stats that can last you ti lv 100’s as an archer.

So yes, there is some sense in early 1:1 trading.

Let’s just say you’d like to pass around your “early leveling gear”.

2 Likes

See? So many people are against this. Surely IMC can come up with a better solution.

Been a while since I read this thread, glad to see it’s still around for IMC to ignore.

Just to add something. To the people who say it’s not an issue because you can buy a token with silver and seem unable to realize that inflation is going to skyrocket the prices let’s have a little comparison.

Guild Wars 2 Gem exchange price was increased by 1450% in a year. And keep in mind that Gems and the inflation was not as fast as it will be here (because of the silver generation AND the player’s hoarding of silver due to a disfunctional market and lack of trade)

A token in Femidian goes for 450k as of now. Following this trend I expect it to stabilize at around 1m silver quite soon. From there it could raise to 14.5m silver in one year, tho i expect it to be much higher as less and less people buy the thing.

(Remember, all of these tokens came with the pack, let’s see what happens when people have to actually buy tokens without an early access acting as bait)

4 Likes

Can’t agree enough. People have excess TP and tokens from the Founder’s Pack. When those leave circulation, do they expect tokens to remain at around 500k?

There’s also the issue with the F2P players waiting for the game to be free.

The grand majority of those players have absolutely no intention to pay 18€ for a token, if they did, they would have bought one of the packs.
Once they start farming and buying tokens the demand will be multiplied, but the supply will remain the same, meaning less and less tokens for sale at MUCH higher prices.

Seriously, these issues are just like a slight tremor, the tsunami is about to come.

1 Like

Yep. I think people are overestimating how easy Tokens will be to acquire in the future.

Hello @STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie can you comment on all this? Come on now… It’s about topic… Everybody is talking bout this…

Thanks for linking that mmo culture article. In that case, they have already explained why direct trading doesn’t exist. Something we have to keep in mind is that it’s not likely they would make an exception for our version by enabling direct trade without implementing the same change for the Korean version. I’m sure it’s not a “greedy” move as most of us claim it to be but truly beneficial for the game’s long term economy balance, which is something we don’t think as much about, as players.

So maybe direct trading should include only item without money and premium stuff. Often, swordsman finds a weapon for the mage class, he should be able to give it to his mage friend.

You are right, making people unable to realize economic transactions, restricting the market to the point of unusability and imposing a 50% tax on shops benefits the economy.

It makes so much sense, I wonder how every MMO ever before this one have been able to mantain their economies without all of these magnific ideas.

Also, the “reason” they’ve given so far is RMT: Well, guess what, it’s not working. Maybe because this is not about stopping RMT, it’s about cash grabbing.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned in another post that they may be able to open up player trading but decrease the amount of silver dropped from monsters. I think monster silver drops are currently too high and last patch said it increased the spawn rate so it’ll be that much easier to farm silver.

There is simply no way at all to stop RMT via game mecanics. It’s impossible, if players can earn silver in some way RMT will do it and sell it.

The only way to stop RMT via game systems is to completely isolate players and block any form of item/economy interaction from the game.
That’s it, no other way, plain and simple.
However, devs and GMs have to actually do their jobs and eliminate said RMTs as efficiently as possible whenever they are a nuisance to the player experience.

IMC has instead decided to use RMT as the boogeyman to get away with ridiculous restrictions that magically disapear if you buy a token that costs twice as much as any P2P MMO out in the market.

This, my friend, is the very definition of a cash grab.

3 Likes

“IMC has instead decided to use RMT as the boogeyman to get away with ridiculous restrictions that magically disapear if you buy a token that costs twice as much as any P2P MMO out in the market.”

Couldn’t agree more. RMT is just the excuse they are using so people who don’t understand how RMT and monetization works won’t complain about the system.

1 Like

Man, oh, man. If they decrease the silver dropped by monsters, the RMT bots are going to have a field day selling their silver.

Something tells me IMC might not know how RMT works.