Tree of Savior Forum

Trade not allowed

So maybe direct trading should include only item without money and premium stuff. Often, swordsman finds a weapon for the mage class, he should be able to give it to his mage friend.

You are right, making people unable to realize economic transactions, restricting the market to the point of unusability and imposing a 50% tax on shops benefits the economy.

It makes so much sense, I wonder how every MMO ever before this one have been able to mantain their economies without all of these magnific ideas.

Also, the “reason” they’ve given so far is RMT: Well, guess what, it’s not working. Maybe because this is not about stopping RMT, it’s about cash grabbing.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned in another post that they may be able to open up player trading but decrease the amount of silver dropped from monsters. I think monster silver drops are currently too high and last patch said it increased the spawn rate so it’ll be that much easier to farm silver.

There is simply no way at all to stop RMT via game mecanics. It’s impossible, if players can earn silver in some way RMT will do it and sell it.

The only way to stop RMT via game systems is to completely isolate players and block any form of item/economy interaction from the game.
That’s it, no other way, plain and simple.
However, devs and GMs have to actually do their jobs and eliminate said RMTs as efficiently as possible whenever they are a nuisance to the player experience.

IMC has instead decided to use RMT as the boogeyman to get away with ridiculous restrictions that magically disapear if you buy a token that costs twice as much as any P2P MMO out in the market.

This, my friend, is the very definition of a cash grab.

3 Likes

“IMC has instead decided to use RMT as the boogeyman to get away with ridiculous restrictions that magically disapear if you buy a token that costs twice as much as any P2P MMO out in the market.”

Couldn’t agree more. RMT is just the excuse they are using so people who don’t understand how RMT and monetization works won’t complain about the system.

1 Like

Man, oh, man. If they decrease the silver dropped by monsters, the RMT bots are going to have a field day selling their silver.

Something tells me IMC might not know how RMT works.

Ok I hear your points about not wanting to decrease the amount of silver drops from monsters. Let’s entertain the idea if they did enable open player trading. Would we see no negative effects at all, in any way? It just helps to understand both sides of the story for any potential changes made.

I don’t like solutions like this. To stop gold sellers they are going to restrict sincere players. These kind of solutions are never good.
You can’t even give your friend potions when he runs out of them as a free player. That’s not gonna create a nice image of this game.

The moment you recognize that this has nothing to do with cash grab and in fact hurts cash grabbing…
Well, imc did not recognize it.
Dont be like IMC.

Sincerely, the situation would not be much worse than it is now.

Are there bots here and there? Yes
Is the global chat completely useless due to RMT shouts? Yes
Is there RMT happening? Yes

None of these things are going away with 1:1 trade disabled. So, why keep it disabled then?
As I said earlier, GMs have to do their jobs instead of choking the players with restrictions that do not solve the problem at all.

2 Likes

Have you considered they know exactly how it works? What’s the old saying? If you can’t beat em, join em?

Wouldn’t be me much potion sharing even among token members. Trading a friend 20 potions isn’t worth one of your 30 trades only a month.[quote=“viniciusuk, post:365, topic:158323”]

Couldn’t agree more. RMT is just the excuse they are using so people who don’t understand how RMT and monetization works won’t complain about the system.
[/quote]

Kinda how governments use the big scary terrorist to shove sh*tty legislation down citizens throats that they’d never go for on a normal day.

3 Likes

It does suck players are unable to openly trade due to the existence of bots. Bots are something that won’t go away especially since all games have bots, some more or less than others. Some players suggested that GMs should ban bots but expecting GMs to manually do that is like defeating a member of Hydra (Captain America reference). I can see both sides of the topic so it’s hard to be fully toward one side of the debate.

True, I haven’t think about that.Then the current system is even more flawed. I don’t get it really, I always thought that exchanging things between players is pretty big part of the multiplayer games. Let’s hope IMC will reconsider their restrictions of the trade system.

2 Likes

Not that hard if you consider this:

The restrictions are in place and not working. However, they are causing the players a great deal of grief, to the point that some are leaving or not planning to even try the game.

Lifting the restrictions will certainly not help with the RMT issue, but it would REALLY benefit the honest players which are the only ones being screwed over.

Why would IMC (or anyone for that matter) consider these restrictions a good thing then?

Besides the obvious attempt to squeeze money ot of players of course.

3 Likes

LOL

SomethingSomethingSomething20Chars

1 Like

Lolwut. It sure wasn’t done to stop bots/silver sellers. It was done to force players into having to pay for a basic function of the game that they are used to having. The definition of cash grab. Making people spend money now, with no regard for the future of the game.

The game was not designed around no trading. It was a last minute change to earn them some more money.

3 Likes

the more I play it seems that this is true. When I first started I was thinking of dropping $50 so I could buy a costume and hair but after seeing that even if I was a token user I can’t trade with my free friends, I decided it isn’t worth my money since it’d still just be Tree of Single Player and Range-Hacking Bots.

This trade system don’t even make sense.

If trade system was banished of this game i won’t really complain but to charge for it… Ugh.

If you want to prevent BOTs just make common drops worth nothing and silver farm by doing quests, guild quests and other friendly difficult BOT config ways like World Timing Quests and etc.

There’s also the WoW way that rare items obtained from drops can be traded between the party members next to the monster defeated.

I suspect is there any RMT are flaming up everything for their own agenda, do not listen to those who want to make open trading.

RMT could be agent or botter or any form of hackers,
Agent:
They have bunch of contacted normal players, when they get silvers/items purchase order from buyer, they will request their contacted player to deal with them. (I was one of them)
Botter:
As what you see, it already a bunch of them, they are only challenge the security system of IMC, and sell account when those characters high level, but they hardly contribute anything in generating the money. They will detect and occupy all field boss to gain expensive Recipe if open trade is allowed, they will evolve further to ruin the game because of Open Trade generating Real Money for them. IMC haven’t announce the ban list like what they did krToS.

If you unlock the trade, it only make what those scenario above got worsen, my friend is buying the silver, but it was so difficult because you need something valuable to trade in market, this is good example of how the system have restricted RMT.

Be long sighted, don’t underestimate those professional hackers, if you think IMC have the resource the deal with it is just naive, you better just quit the game because it is hopeless, ops you can buy the token of market don’t you?

You want that basic trade function, at the end it ruined the game itself, and you blame IMC for incompetency. Bravo

Firstly, this is possibly the most sincerely stupid thing I’ve ever read on this forum.

Secondly, trading already exists, it’s just behind a paywall. If IMC was serious about using trading as an excuse to combat RMT, they would be like Black Desert Online and make all 1:1 trading impossible (save for food and potions, in BDO anyways). The fact that you have to pay for trading should be setting off alarms.

Token trading is not there is stop RMT. It is there for IMC to make money from whales who will buy anything in hopes of “supporting” IMC.

Just because some people are willing to drop more than a subscription to WoW or FFXIV for a token, doesn’t mean everyone else wants to. Tokens should be attractive, not necessary for team-based social activities.

5 Likes