Tree of Savior Forum

Steam rating dropping fast

A lot of people would disagree.

I mostly see people arguing against the bigger problems. I’d say, also, having trade between two pairs with only one token between them would be more ideal, too, but it’s more the combination of so many restrictions that makes the whole thing fall apart. Hi again. :B you’re fun to discuss with.

Most of the bad reviews are literally:

“Omg it says free to play but you have to pay for early release, I am disappointed because they lied”

I honestly think people with 0.0hr or 0.1hr of gameplay shouldn’t be able to “review” a game.

That’s like me reviewing a product I have never used before from Amazon.

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean those kids just don’t understand how amazing imc is and how they’ve been so amazing at listening to feedback /s

To everyone else: As I always say, “like” the game. Don’t “like” the company. Don’t make that mistake.

2 Likes

About half of those ratings really are from f2p kids who cannot stomach the idea of spending money on their games, or the idiots who couldn’t read the store page and thought the game was out when it wasn’t. These don’t count because the people who voted for these don’t count as people.

The other half have legitimate claims, such as enchant scrolls being actual p2w, the servers being smouldering wrecks, too much of the staff taking a long weekend on launch week with game-breaking problems on live, the chat being being decimated by a combination of spam and the least resource-efficient text engine I have ever seen in an MMO (and I’m one of those 20 mmo years graybeards), and of course the bot issue.

I wasn’t going to call them out for a bad launch, as they seemed quite active in attacking problems until friday night.

You can’t send all of your staff home on weekends in MMOs. You can’t even send most of them home for launch weeks. Nobody does this! This is why! MMOs are nurseries - you leave the babies unattended for a weekend and THEY. ALL. F****NG. DIE!

2 Likes

Fairly large topics. The great majority of players dislike trades being behind a paywall in addition to the restrictions. It’s that, the bugs and server issues that have contributed to the bad reviews and I am almost positive that Tree of Savior will be “Somewhat Negative” by tomorrow.

3 Likes

I don’t know what the bigger problem is.
I’m having a blast so far.
Currently level 111 and Adventure Journal rank 26, also got a ton of exp cards left.
Did that while most of you were busy complaining.

Sure, it lags at times, but usually it runs fine for me, even coming from EU.

I wonder:
Did the korean community on kTOS also complain this much when they got access to the game?

3 Likes

I always thought you had to play a minimum amount of time to review. It’s weird to me that steam lets these guys post.

Uh… I had to read the 23rd negative review to find one of those 0.1 hour reviews. In the process, I saw a bunch of 30-40 and even a 200+ hour negative reviews…

People paid thinking its a complete game, while some gamed have trade restriction, despite being successful, it might never work in other regions. Look at PSO2 for example, it works wonderfully in JP, but it is pathetically laughable in the SEA version with extremely slow updates and cancerous resellers taking advantage of the trade restrictions, from weapons at 10mil to HAIRSTYLES costing over 500m, cuz i r japanis cuti3. And moneysoft is known to be trash, updating the server exclusive RNG-Rishfags-only costumes with overpowered stats to “reduce” monster damage that they significantly buffed on purpose in order for you to buy them

Look through all of them.

I saw tons up to a few days ago lol and regardless, those shouldn’t even exist because they havent played.

But I guess steam allows it because they download it so idk

I mean… the game’s image is what it is (and it’s not like reputations don’t have some aspect of truth to them). Do you think your every day game consumer knows what you know?

I see some extremely worrying trends in this game’s monetization so I can sympathize somewhat with where those ‘f2p’ kids are coming from.

We need to continue pressure to make sure imc does not introduce more cash for stats type items. With the reviews going south, I fear they will go for the “cash out” strategy. At that point? I’m out.

1 Like

Yeah, I know people don’t much like the pay wall on trading, but I’ve seen a lot concede the fact that it’s not terrible and it’s the combo that sucks much much more. Even paying people are screwed. I agree, though, even just having the trade on the token is pretty terrible. It’s killing the multiplayer aspect.

Definitely be negative soon. I try to forgive their faults because releases are difficult, but it keeps getting harder.

1 Like

I agree. Beyond my circle of friends who play Tree of Savior, I have a hard time selling the game to other people. I want to hope for the best, but IMC is going to have to push one heck of an update with a very long-winded transparent announcement to win me over.

I was curious about your claim, so I went ahead and counted the number of negative reviews (ranked by helpfulness) and looked at how many played less than 4 hours.

I counted ~17 (it was a very quick count) of these < 4 hour reviews in the first 115 negative reviews… (15%)

So yeah… this problem you’re describing is a minority. Most players have played a lot and see big problems (and they would be right!)

6 Likes

i feel like as long as they work with the people the game will turn right around but thats if they do

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Spammers Gold + LAG + Delay + BUG, I forgot something?

:rage:

However PSO2 was built on the mindset that you yourself farm your materials/rare weapons, and the game reflects that as you take those Emergency Quests on VH/Expert. You can do your thing in the game, and since you can tell what drops are before you pick it up, you don’t necessarily need trade in PSO2.

This game was built with trading in mind, but at the last moment they simply got rid of it. It’s not that the game has to have trading, it’s that the game isn’t built for the method they want to implement and it was done too fast. And now it’s wonky because the game doesn’t know what it wants.

I love the game, and perhaps I may be a white knight. Grey Knight, perhaps? Honestly I don’t even know. I’m willing to do what I can for the game, but I only help those who want to be helped. But I’ve learned that if I heavily dislike something and it pains me more than I enjoy it, I’m going to ditch it. We’ll see how it plays out.

4 Likes

I hope it will go down even more, so they start listening to players. We want open trade, we want to help our firends, and we want to enjoy a game that is more worried with our fun then with our money.