Tree of Savior Forum

Trade/economical restrictions discussion

Is there really a point in such?
Economic stuff and trading is an essential part of game for a great chunk of playerbase. So killing it with pointless restrictions would be not a wise decision. That “war on goldsellers” is counterproductive if it hurts playerbase. if it roots from bots, do better job on bots, not limit gameplay to the extent of part of game being purely crippled.

1. Limit auctioneering by ridiculously low numbers of placements
    Just why. Literally no point unless there is a need to promote “guaranteed sales” in short term and make it stagnate later. With such a limits even devs won’t get a clear statistic picture how to tweak drop rates or other types of item acquisition of exact categories. Also with limits applied it would really drastically reduce goldsink from tax.
    Make viable taxes, make unrestricted placement and watch excessive gold disappear.

2. Plus/minus 10% on item price stuff
    Like, seriously. It’s better just to tweak taxes for listing/buying and let people place whatever they want at whatever price they want (maybe lower limit at price at which item can be sold to vendor) to make that market better adapted for price fluctuations. Also goldsink.

3. 1-1 trade only for premium users
    And that restriction would be just an outright cashgrub with no real justification.

These three are based on recent rumors.
Would like to hear some thoughts on these.

5 Likes

This topic will probably get grief because of how many discussions there on this topic. But i hate this ■■■■.

Also a note on number 2 the ah tax is 30% and goes to 10% if you a premium user, at least i think that is what your referring to.

And these are NOT rumors, this is the current state of the game.

1 Like

Ah didn’t know about that, but triple tax for ftp users really sounds ridiculous and in longterm will hurt really bad.
I just heard stuff that you have a limit on price while placing.

Don’t know oriental runes enough to learn kToS economic situation firsthand, so am at fault in that :stuck_out_tongue:

In Korea. Don’t forget to highlight that or they will freak out. lol

1 Like

Thats true this is the current state in KToS. But we have a faq on the tokens on our international site which implies it may be planned for us.

I have no issues with tokens i just wish they were benefits like bonus xp instead of removing embargos placed by the company.

2 Likes

Yeah, i don’t mind either, what i really thing they should do is add stuff as service:

• Character slots.
  • Market selling slots (can start with 3 or 5 and go up to 10).
  • Token could even give boost xp, and free traveling between statues.
  • Renaming character/lodge cost icoins (i think they are already planned like that).

Other stuff could be applied too.

1 Like

Yea these are the kind of things i always suggest aswell. Even the market at 5 for free and 10 for token is reasonable the current numbers are a joke.

Yeah, being forced to take premium to have at least minimal profit from trade is ridiculous. And from the looks of kToS in this game trade is not supposed to give players profit from dedication to it.
If I remember correctly tokens positioned as a payment for convenience. So let it be that, and not fee you must pay to enjoy some aspect.

The thing that really chaps me about this is what it does to crafting classes. Usually i make a crafting class to fund my other characters but you cant trade or transfer your money in this current setup, so why should i make a crafting class?

1 Like

To make negative profits with triple listing fee and 5 slots per day if you are ftp user and dominate them on market battlefield with 20% less prices because you’re prem user.
Essentially it’s trader’s p2w.

I just hope they don’t come with that line from that interview:

“Some classes might feel useless…”

for the crafting classes case. lol

I just really can not understand why AH 5/10 slot restriction would be made in the first place.
Anyone got ideas? Since it does sound more of a poor joke than an actual mechanic.
I can understand numbers like 50 for free and 100 more with premium, but not this.

We are suggesting a 5/10 to make it better currently its 1/3 i believe or was it 3/5 been a while since i used the AH. But its been so awful i just don’t use it at all.

Why not suggest at least 50/100 while at it? Cause 5/10 is still a joke.

Slots doesn’t mean stack, you can put to sell in bulk there, 10 is a good limit, if they decide to increase to 15 even better, but as long as that allow 1:1 trading or shopping selling on city, i don’t see a problem.

But what if you want to be, for example, a weptrader, not mattrader?
Selling mats in bulk is okayish with 15 slots, but any unstackable item would make your prospects pretty grim.

The thing is, they are trying to hold back on gold sellers as much as possible, indeed that for gear or non-stack items is a problem, but as i said, if they allow shops to be opened (and i do hope they add some sort of park for that to avoid problems close to the center of the city, specially close to statues and NPC’s) and if the selling there is not limited or at least 50 slots, i think it could work, about 1:1 trading, i think it should be done only with you have on FL and need to make that person a trading partner, what i am about to describe is taken from TQ games (Conquer Online, Eudemons Online):

You want to trade with your friend, but you aren’t trade partner yet, you right click on him and ask for trade partnership, the process will take 1 to 3 days (open for discussion), after the given time you can 1:1 trade with your friend.

That may hold a bit on the GS problem, the rest is up to common sense, if one want to buy from them, IMC is not responsible for what happen later between the seller and the buyer.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It’s also to prevent gold sellers to take large profit

What good is reducing gold seller profits if you lose a large portion or your player base to bad design?

1 Like