Tree of Savior Forum

Trade/economical restrictions discussion

Come on, that’s the exact reason goldsinks are made.
For example, GW2, where there is a free conversion from shop currency and ingame currency with dynamic rate depending on how much was converted both ways by entire playerbase.
Like, more people buy shop currency with ingame the rate goes up and vice versa.
That’s the first way of sinking.
Second is taxes on trading post, both on listing item and buying.
Third is minor stuff like fasttravel fees and items bought from vendors.

And this game has no lack of gold sinks

That is the exact reason why further trade restrictions “to limit inflation” are not needed, right?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Careful with gw2… its not like that is a good system. The amount of shenanigans the devs pull is ridiculous, up to the point of buying off every item in a set category from the auction house on a developer account, and then introducing the very same or similar item in the shop.
Manipulating gem prices… its just and endless pit of drama and thinking that your playerbase is stupid and wont notice.
You would be better off not mentioning gw2 at all… but then again, i guess i know why this topic exists now. Gw2 is an excellent game for playing stock broker with the auction house. I have a friend doing this and the amount of work that goes into it is out of this world, including sites where people with considerable gold reserves gather and decide on items which they are going to influence with their money… some of these people literally play gw2 ONLY because of this.

Let me just put it this way… you had me raise an eyebrow the moment you said that economics is an essential part of the game for a great chunk of the playerbase.
Its not.
It really is not.
The extreme great majority of the people wants but one thing: Not to be inconvenienced by the system. By every meaning and aspect of the question, they surely wont turn the game into a different game like on gw2 playing stock broker, logging on only to check on their investments and market manipulation, hoarding gold and gems.

In fact from a balance perspective the existence of such people is nothing positive. Hoarding stuff is one thing, but when you also use that to knowingly manipulate the economy… that raises a lot of questions.

TL;DR: Yeah i get that there are people who enjoy doing this. Blessings on you and all because its not like i want to judge you for it or anything, but be aware that you have a unique… well… fetish… because most ppl do not view economics as the primary reason for playing the game, like some people do in gw2 and its flawed system.

2 Likes

Well we have the usual things Regents / Repairs / Storage Fees / Market Fees / Refining / Transportation etc

And we also have attributes.

Yes i know and i have said in the past the earnings are to high. The problem lies with the amount of silver we get, its not that there is a lack of gold sinks.

You don’t earn nearly as much money now. The sell price of all items has been reduced a ton, and the legwyn money event was nerfed. Also the royal maus constructor’s chapel money event was removed.

O i must of missed the patch notes that happened in. Honestly i didn’t even notice it go down.

Yeah, for example, if you remember collecting recipes and selling them for a nice amount, they sell for <1/10 of what they used to now.

Oh look, this never-been-discussed theme! What a joy!

Besides making things harder for gold sellers and bots, this system looks like a solution to the constant market crashes we had in iCBT2. I’m pretty sure the dozens of pages of 1 item per stack of a 10z items were such a premium major gameplay feature, people are still revolting for their stack of 1 10z hanaming flowers.

Playerbase needs to adapt first, then we can discuss it further.

Token use isn’t to prevent gold-selling in the international server. Maybe they implemented it in Korea for that reason but here they just didn’t want to put in the effort to change it to something else. If KToS dies, maybe they’ll implement localized policies for us that are actually based on our feedback.

Well right now KToS is doing poorly so we can only hope that makes it clear that their initial token system is poor.

1 Like

Sell to NPC. You could make a bunch of money by just selling recipes to the NPC.

Also the amount of silver that monsters drop is heavily reduced, I forgot to mention that as well.

I am not in any way saying that it’s perfect or anything, just brought it up to enhance my point. Actually I like EVE’s economy much more, but, well, that would be really far shot off from where we are. That example was much closer.

You see, things are that in gw2 there are no crafter classes. In other words, there is no category of people who sacrifice their combat capability. But here we do, and I really doubt people who play these classes wouldn’t be inconvenienced by such system.
Currently I just expect crafter classes to be totally useless without premium and marginally profitable even with it. And still hugely lose in profit to people who just farm mats with high-DPS classes and gear.
If there would be no such a concept as a crafter class then fine, but I believe they need some love to get out from current situation.
Only profitable stuff would be Lv.15 Daino pardoner scrolls lol.

1 Like

Well you do have a point with crafters, but its still kinda a shot in the dark. I mean the original, ragnarok online was not even this forgiving. Wanted a full crafter blacksmith? Oh boy… try to get someone to leech you up till lvl 99 on a full dex and luck build… it was a nightmare, but due to that, it was also special.
The full crafters were respected and sought, so it kinda had its return… ya know… clouds and silver lining…

Moot point i know, and its sure as hell that we need some sort of overview for shops to be able to browse items that are being sold, because ragnarok’s system of 2000 ppl opening up shop in prontera and have fun browsing each individually for the next 8 hours… lets just say it was not so optimal…

So yeah, its not that you do not have a point, because you do. I merely wanted to point out that taking this too far like gw2 did, will make people fall on the other side of the horse, which is not that much welcome either.

1 Like

Well, “going shopping” was pretty fun unless you lag out of existence.
Also you could sell items for prices that could raise many eyebrows to people unaware of their actual average selling price and make profits. Also atmosphere of actual haggling lol.
Really hope it would not be premium-only feature.

1 Like

This is really devastating, to be honest. I finally got a really good drop after 300 hours of playing ( I was really happy) and when I wanted to sell it I noticed that suddenly the item that was worth 1.5 mil …now has a retarded limit of 246735. So now i’m standing here wondering if the time I’ve spent for this game and money and so on… is worth or not just because of ONE restriction I really think it’s just not needed. It kinda destroyed my enthusiasm for it, sigh…