Tree of Savior Forum

TOSBase (Community, Database, News, Wiki, ...)

Alright, that answers my questions. Thanks for the insight!

also you have to know that each circle, is completly seperat.

the only way to skill skills in the first circle with skillpoints from the second circle is that this is still the same class.

Example:

Swordman skillz:
Trust: 5
Bash:5
Gung Ho: 5
Concentrate: 0

now you change to Highlander. from this moment on, you can not skill Concentrate anymore.
if you go as the second circle for Swordman again, you can.

just as an additional information.

Kind regards
Gardosen

I read that some people fear that we would get credit for work they do when they use our Web Translator. I want to assure that this was never our intention. The reason we created this tool was that we got asked by some users who wanted to help but didnā€™t want to learn GitHub. Every edit gets saved and itā€™s easy to keep track who edited which line.
However to make things easier and more transparent we created a Contributor List. This list can be seen by everyone and will show how many edits each user contributed to the translation project.

We also got some addition feedback regarding the usuability and weā€™ll try to implement them in the near future.

Hello everyone,
as you know Iā€™m currently working on the new Skill Simulator. Even though itā€™s still not finished yet Iā€™d like to show you a screenshot of the current state and ask for some feedback :smile:

I used the style that is already used for displaying already existing builds (itā€™s not complete finished and there are still some missing paddings, no class button highlight and stuff) do you like it better than the old one? Any other suggestions?
Skill Points are now shared for all circles of a class so it should be more accurate.Maybe you noticed that Iā€™m not displaying the ā€œlockedā€ so only the classes the user can pick are visible I changed this to save some space but I would like to know if you guys prefer to see them like in the current version.

I hope that Iā€™ll be able to offer some kind of beta version in a few days so you guys can test it and give some feedback based on that :slight_smile:

Like I said before, everything is beyond my expectations a.k.a perfect. But what bothers me is its design. But of course it wouldnā€™t stop me from using your skill simulator. :smiley: Great job Flash and team!

Great work! :slight_smile:

I had a thought when i was looking at a skill tree someone posted recently. It was a bit confusing to see what skills they had chosen at a glance. I thought having the skills with 0points in them become greyed out when all available points had been alocated would be a nice touch. But that isnt important as long as it works!

Keep up the good work!

Keep up the good work man. Thanks a lot for your dedication to help other players.
But I suggest you to take it easy once in a while. You look like youā€™re working by yourself all this time (maybe with some help from Gardosen, but you still need some rest) :smile:

No rest! Type until finger pain! :grin:

Weā€™ll try to improve the design in the future but currently there are too many features Iā€™d like to work on that I donā€™t really have time for that ^^

Iā€™ll probably add an option to hide skills with 0 skill points in the future but some other visual effect could be useful aswell, Iā€™ll see if I can do something like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey can you bribe with tos-db to make a 3D character simulator with a head and hair models/

The problem is that the head and hair are not part of the body model and apparently are rendered differently.So itā€™s not that easy to use these models for some kind of 3d simulator but Iā€™ll see what I can do.

Is this like, the body is a 3D but the head is the old style 8 angle images like RO? O_o
I have to agree with @Karjalainen, having a character looks simulator, that lets you try on hair, costumes and gear/weps ect would be popular. But I think the biggest thing would have to be a stat calculator. Like this type of thing> http://rode.doddlercon.com/db/calc/

we already have plans todo so.
but many things are missing to finilize a working version.
we will have to wait for an OBT or the CBT and pray that we get the chance to test, and collect information for the simulators.

Kind regards
Gardosen

Iā€™m not 100% sure how the heads work but itā€™s some kind of 2d elements in a 3d object stuff so the current 3d model viewers fail to render it correctly.

We already have a Stat Calculator in development but itā€™s kinda hard to figure out / validate formulas when you canā€™t test it ingame so I donā€™t think it will be released before the next Beta.

I think ToS character models are unique and it wonā€™t be that easy to make a simulator out of it.
Based on what Flash said, the model is likely a 2.5D model.

no the monsters and characters are real 3d, the client just uses a special shader/engine system, to let the characters look like cartonish 2.5d.

If we want to make the simulator, we must ask IMCGames to release their steam workshop first and the basic models, just like Valve sharing their model assets in Dota 2 workshop.

Iā€™m sorry about this long pause but I was very busy with my RL work the past days so I didnā€™t have much time to work on the skill simulator. I still want to share my progress with you:

In that example I spent all 15 Circle 1 points. In Circle 2 I invested 10 points into Thrust and kept the other 5 skill points for Circle 3. In Circle 3 I spent all 20 skill points I had left (Restrain 5, Pommel Beat 10, Double Slash 5).
I guess this is how itā€™s supposed to work ^^

There are still some minor bugs I need to fix but the main functionality seems ok so I hope Iā€™ll be able to make this available soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Finally, Iā€™ve been waiting for the simulator updates as this will absolutely change my class build mindset. And also, thanks a lot Flash! Good luck on your work!