Tree of Savior Forum

TOS' Companion Maker Event: Goro

Today we have here a little snippet of a new feature we’re currently developing: ‘Goro’ pet as an in-game companion!
It’s going to take a while for this feature to be completely ready, but we couldn’t wait to show you what we have so far!

※Ten (10) lucky players will be received the winning ‘Goro’ pet as an in-game companion

Hey everybody :bangbang:
Have you ever wondered, “is there anything more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?” Well, I am Goro :fox_face:the Japanese Akita coming all the way from :snowflake: Alaska :snowflake: to tell you that there is! When I am not working on my full time dog modeling career I think it’s important to enjoy life’s other pleasures. Some people say, “Goro, you always work so hard, when do you have time to do anything else?”. Work is important, but here is a list of things that I will always make time for:

12 hour power naps :zzz:
Partying with friends :tada:
Listening to good music while enjoying a nice day :musical_note:
Eating cake (not too much or you will get fat) :cake:
I believe life is an adventure! And I want to adventure with YOU! :sparkling_heart:

고로 1
고로 2

47 Likes

He is so cute! :satisfaction:

4 Likes

Er, people expecting the dragon will be disapointed.
Now release Shepperd as Hidden Class of Clerics so we can mount this puppy :v

2 Likes

Sage the dragon won the voting contest, but IMC still has the last say on to which pet will be created in-game, due to difficulty of the design. Nonetheless, its still a good companion!

4 Likes

Sorry but ■■■■ this pet. Can we get one decent pet that doesn’t look completely out of place? Why does everything has to be cute nowadays? I’m a grown ass man, I enjoy having a sensitive side, but am I really asking too much? Rocksodon was a nice start, that’s why it is being used by pretty much every mounted class.

By this point I don’t even understand anymore, is IMC ran by people who only cater to their own agenda? I know Asia is a bit crazed with the whole kawaii theme, but seriously, can we put on some breaks? Ragnarok had a shittone of content that could be considered cute, but it also had some alternatives.

Could you provide a link please?

5 Likes

What?

No, that’s not the reason. The reason why mounted classes use it is because of the affordable pet food for a premium pet, meaning that mounted classes that require it to have max stamina can easily replenish it, unlike the other premium pets like battle bird or penguins, which require you to spend TP to buy pet food.

Rocksodon consumes normal pet food. It’s the reason why mounted classes use it.

Technically its true because there’s a contest thing for a pet to be chosen, I don’t see why people can’t own pet dragons and dinosaurs in our current day and age. Or pet rocks. Or pet starfish.

1 Like

Been using pets on my Cata for a while now, never once did I bother to feed any of them. As far as I’m aware, as long as you are mounting a pet, the system uses your stamina, so what’s the point?

Having full stamina on your pet gives you a portion of the pet’s stats when mounted.

Also hunters require pets to stay alive to use their skills, so having an easily accessible food is required.

Edit: not full stamina but, “having some stamina”

This guy looks alright-ish… I like its armor and all.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/original/3X/d/1/d12cdcb8712e4e65eb4b86194d5b3c985592f4ca.jpg

there you go mate. list is in order based on voting.
1 - Dragon
2 - Akita (dog)
3 - Hedgehog
4 - Goats
and so on

edit: correction

Well if you think about this game which has cute aesthetic style as a whole it’s only to be expected from it.

This is what large part of the playerbase wants from it too. There’s a reason why costume gachas are popular cause people want to buy cute things in this game.

Love the new companion! :heart_eyes:

I wish all those pets were made into in-game companions, like those precious goat twins. :sad:

5 Likes

Cool. We voted on the Dragon and IMC decided to make the Dog insted.

:tired:

2 Likes

An armadillo wearing armour? :joy:

Also in the original image goro was wearing a jumper, and here he has a tie, shirt and waistcoat with an umbrella? Oh lord. :laughing:

Not usual dog, it’s hipster dog. :tired:

1 Like

I’m disappointed :confused:
Original Goro with his backpack was so amazingly cute and it felt like he’d fit in TOS: going on a journey with his savior !
But here he’s wearing glasses and a… kind of host/barman outfit. And an umbrella ? Is he going for a dandy spy look ? (Is he the guy from Kingsman ? :P)
It’s not ugly, but it feels out of place to me. I guess I also don’t really like the idea of a dog with glasses, an umbrella, and full clothes either .__.

Ah well~ It nicely done anyway, it has also a cute animations.
I hope that the real owner will have the dog no matter what. It’d feel kind of lame if Goro’s owner doesn’t get his/her own pet ‘-’

I so wanted the cute goats too ! The hedgehog as well, of course~ The giant dogs too… Aaaah, too many cute pets >w<

3 Likes

Dear IMC can we get pet like this? For people who wants something more brutal?!

9 Likes

Ye. :woman_shrugging:

To be honest I was hoping they’d go for that outfit for him if he won! ;~; Like what you said, it’s more fitting for ToS. He’s a cute dog but I’m not a big fan of the clothes as well. Oh well, again cute but not really my thing. :woman_shrugging:

having some stamina gives you 25% of pet hp, 10% of pdef and 8% of eva.
If you invest some money in equipment, it gives some sweet bonus, so i guess your losing a lot of hp here.

Hey you “grown man” that can’t handle cute things or stuff that don’t go his way, if i remember correctly, I readed a post of yours saying you quitted tos because of the “nonsense” that was the christmas event so i find it funny that you’re commenting again in the forums. Did you came back to continue to play the game or are you still mad that IMC is not doing what bigboy wants them to do so you’re watching from a distance?

Off topic, but im curious :slight_smile:

1 Like