Tree of Savior Forum

Time to nerf quickcast and Magic arrow

Didn’t say dump. Dump is a very strong and harsh word. The thing is people did waste 2 ranks for 1 buff literally, whereby that 2 ranks can be used for Cryo/Pyro that gives you multiple active skills. Quick cast actual purpose of reducing casting speed is not even the reason why some of these players take the rank in the first place. The opportunity cost would be very high for a player to take 2 ranks worth for 1 pathetic buff.

so you think surespell, sleep are useless ?
you talking like a whole wiz c3 's skills only have QC as a useful one :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

If people take QC “just” for the attribute and not the actual effect of the skill, that’s all the reason needed for a nerf

Also, if 20-30% is pathetic to you, please try playing other classes, where you don’t even have 20-30%.

And you can pick pyro/cryo after wiz 3.

As far as PvE goes, sleep isn’t that useful. And Surespell, outside of some particular spells, is merely comfortable. If you can position yourself well enough already, it does literally nothing.

this game have pve only ?
wiz c3 have many useful skill in pve or pvp

lethargy - pve
sleep - pvp
earth quake - pvp
suresspel - pvp/pve
quick cast - pvp/pve
magic missile - pvp/pve

it’s alot when compare to other class
some class even have only few skills that useful

Oh boy, what have I done? T_T

I couldn’t care less about pvp, and i think that having a separate balancing is the best way to go (like they did with sleep, for example). That way, classes don’t have to be made useless just because of some unrelated game mode.
Regarding the skill you mention, as far as PvE goes:
Lethargy - every wizard can get it, since a single level is all that’s needed for the strike damage bonus attribute. Thus it is in no way determinant in getting further ranks. So there is no point on including it.
Sleep and Earthquake - not that useful (or really useless, in earthquake’s case)
Surespell - as written above - outside of some particular skills, it is merely a commodity that can be replaced by good positioning.
Magic Missile - A good attack skill…and the only good one in three whole ranks. Good versus multiple enemies, much less versus single ones (but even then, it is still better than an autoattack…).
Quick Cast - Nice skill that helps casting other skills by halving cast time. With a good attribute that increases damage.

So if you get to wizard 3 you have two/three (if you “need” surespell) useful skills to show for it. Two of which do nothing by themselves, as they’re all about casting other skills, by the way. And of course there is the attribute of quick cast, but you want it nerfed to the floor anyway.
In which case people would just avoid going to wiz3 and would go wiz2 just if strictly required by their build. Some additional comfort doesn’t warrant wasting two ranks, after all. People would just skip to pyro or cryo asap, at rank 1 or 2 depending on the build used.

Anyway, if the other classes have even less useful skills, i guess it is their problem, more than a wizard class’ fault.

Surespell is useless when u can quick cast and cast a spell uninterrupted. Only use for surespell is for channeling skills such as kino’s psychic pressure or featherfoot’s blood sucking.

And yes whole wiz C3 skills do only have quick cast as the useful skill. Magic missile is nice but damage falls off at higher levels. And yes by taking Wiz2>Wiz3 you gain only 1 OFFENSIVE SKILL that falls off at higher level, and 1 BUFF that gives you more damage and allow you to cast faster. Taking 2 ranks just for these 2 useful spells when those 2 ranks could be used on something else. By nerfing one of the sole reasons for wasting 2 ranks on it does justify a need for a rank reset.

I’m not saying that QC is too weak, I’m just saying that if such a change is to be made, players should have the chance to re-decided their ranks.

No where have I said that 20% to 30% is pathetic. I’m just saying that one of the sole reasons for taking wiz3 is for quick cast attribute, and nerfing that only reason makes that entire rank a rank that needs to be reconsidered.

No one takes pyro after wiz3 because there are better options after that. Pyro skills should have changes made to make it a better option.

NO one takes cryo after wiz3 since cryo isn’t a damage class to begin with.

People do that QC “just” for the attribute, just like how people take Pel “just” to draw aggro, or any other examples which I’m lazy to think of. Let’s say Pel’s skill at level 5 draws aggro of targets:11.

Converting 50% of quick cast to 20% is a 60% nerf to the attribute itself. So instead lets make swash buckling draw aggro of 4 targets instead. Is it still as good as it is? It is worth taking 1 rank into it just for that skill. And that is just 1 rank, Wiz3 sacrifices 2 ranks for it.

Pyro is being buffed for that exact reason. Also, just because there are options better than pyro, doesn’t mean pyro cannot be used together with QC

Wiz 3 cryo 3 rune caster

Good CC and heavy boss burst

No one take pelt just to draw aggro (though pelt is the only way to do so). C Guard, bonus block, swash HP and guardian evasion are all used.

wiz 3 is superior compare to pyro or cryo unless you plan for an full CC build so you take cryo 3 instead

wiz class tree is consider the best class right now in the game on both pvp and pve
now you want buff cryo and pyro for more option for wiz class tree
sounds ok with WIZ CLASS TREE ONLY

you not even give a fk to other class tree, that’s your problem

and other guy just want to do seperate buff/nerf
yes it sounds ok again but if wiz 3 still this OP and when it comes to rank 8 i’m sure it’s even more OP

then pve will still remain the same problem
just fack all other dps class, wiz tree still the best ?

no idea that you guys only just think about your class and don’t even give a fk to the others

and if you guys want quick cast remain the same that much
then
gives archer attribute at c3 to swift step that increased physical dmg by 50%
also gave sword man attribute at c3 to gungho that increased physical dmg by 50%
then we are equal no one complain the fk about this anymore, got it ?

if this happened then, welcome to the world of starter class c3 :joy_cat:

Dont even get how your reply has got to do with my reply

If you are going to nerf the sole reason for taking a class, there better comes with other benefits that the class have to offer, which at the moment it doesn’t. Or else offer a rank change to classes who take wiz3 (2 ranks worth) just to get A BUFF.

End of my story.

back to few previous post i already prove there are many skills that useful from wiz c3, not only quick cast

and we don’t need to remove all dmg boost from quick cast, just need to choose down it’s power to 10% 100% up time or still 50% but for 3-5s only. Then boost pyro more dmg so wiz players will have to choose wiz 3 for utility, cryo c3 for cc or pyro c3 for dmg. That’s much better

your story is "nothing to do here"
because you only think about your class, don’t give a fk about other class, also lack of knowledge, stuborn :joy_cat:
you better get out from this topic, thanks :joy_cat:

while i admire the sentiment of “buff all classes, add more diversity,” nerfing one or two problem issues requires less work than rebalancing the whole system from the ground-up.

still, i hear you on the bokor thing. the class offers super-effective crowd control against regular mobs, but is next to useless against bosses and missions.

Not sure about you but I wouldn’t waste 2 ranks to get a skill that increase my DMG by 10%

Sleep can be gotten from Wiz1.
Surespell is only useful for channeling skills.
Magic missile is a nice skill upgrade from having 0 useful active skills from Wiz1 and Wiz2 that does mediocore damage.

Unless you have channeling skills such as kino/featherfoot, or long charging skills, not many will go wiz3 for your 10% damage increase and increased sleep duration

Maybe you would

i told you there 's 2 option for it in previous post

100% up time for lower dmg increased
or high dmg increased but low up time

sword man not even have a buff that increased dmg by %
scout 's cloaking increased first hit dmg by 50% of your base attack, 35s cd also need 5 rank
ranger need 4 rank to up to c3, got only 20% dmg increased and 10s duration 25s cd

look at that 50% dmg increased 100% up time and only need 3 rank and just tell me
is it sounds right ? :joy_cat:

told you before
gives archer attribute at c3 to swift step that increased physical dmg by 50%
also gave sword man attribute at c3 to gungho that increased physical dmg by 50%
then we are equal no one complain the fk about this anymore, got it ?
or QC need to nerf, no complain also

K

Wiz3 for 10% damage increase 100% uptime
Higher duration sleep (wiz1 skill) that can hit flying enemies
Awesome surespell that is super useful because every DPS class have a channeling skill that makes this skill one of the best buffs ever
Magic missile the best nuke that hits many targets which compensates the fact that from wiz1 to wiz3 (3 ranks worth), this single offensive skill is strong enough to justify it being the only offensive skill a wizard has before he reaches rank4.

Wiz3 is the best class.

Archer3 is so weak because
If buffed like you wanted to, archers have 50% damage from swift step, with added on evasion
Pathetic weak multishot that does 16 hits at lvl 15 because increase the hits by 1 per level is too weak. Overheat 2 is too weak as well
Twin arrows with 5 overheat 7 sec cd is a pathetic single target skill
And kneeling shot which is only useful for QS because this skill is so stupid and dumb that makes QS one of the weakest DPS of all time

And both options are awful. Either the damage increase isn’t worth of spending those ranks or the low uptime gets eaten up by cast times. In both cases, it is made practically useless. Not that i’m particularly surprised, given that’s the tone of these suggestions.

sure you can , what does rank number have to do with anything? some of archers best skills are in like ranger 3 and archer 3 , and some or archers best utilities are in things like rogue and scout which are in the later ranks

rogue is basically the wiz3 equivalent for a rogue sapper,being it has all the buffs and utilities to help it

archers get an atribute that does more damage to flying with 2h yes, but alot of good that does you when none of your skills hit flying, my 2 skills that hit flying are multishot and oblique from c1 archer
thats it…

but even if i used a 2h

its allready been proven 2hs are obsolete

i seriously cant believe people are trying to defend this

the sapper and potentially wugu aoes have more weaknesses for less damage
this balance is a JOKEEEEEEE

i even like how you just assume sapper 2 and not sapper 3 too (the rank 5 one)
because sapper 3 is a such a joke

In my opinion, there needs to be stronger interaction with Elementalist and Pyro/Crono abilities, along with spreading out hte damage increase effect of QC across Wiz C1-C3 as opposed to reserving it for C3 only.

Actually, if needed, just remove the QC attribute altogether and make a different buff that increases Magic Damage that resides on the 2nd buff bar when activated and make it available at Wiz C1 and upgradeable all the way up to Wiz C3.

I would make the following changes:

Wizard

• Remove Quick Cast attribute
  • Make new ability [Arcane Knowledge] that has 15 second duration and 15 second cooldown, with base Magic Damage increase of 2% at Level 1 and scales up to 30% at level 15 (and yes it will have a skill gem and be upgradeable via Divine Might)
  • Make an attribute for [Arcane Knowledge] to buff party members with extra Physical and Magical Attack equal to half the amount the Wizard gets from Arcane Knwoledge (so Physical and Magical damage would increase by 15% for other members), and this effect doesn’t stack if a stronger effect of Arcane Knowledge is in place (negates Wizards getting +45% magic damage in parties if two max out the ability, and also negates the secondary effect overwriting a stronger effect)

Pyromancer

• Passive attribute that increases all Fire Damage by a percent (30% at max). Available at C1.

Cryomancer

• Passive attribute that makes it such that bosses and targets immune to CC gain a debuff called Chilled. An ability that has the chance to freeze can make the enemy Chilled instead. Chilled enemies take 15% extra damage from all sources. Available at C1

Elementalist

• Pyromancer C2 attribute changed: Enemies that die by a Fire Attack have a chance to deal 20% of their Max HP as Fire Damage to surrounding targets. 50% chance.

• Cryomancer C2 attribute changed: Ice Blast no longer has a cooldown and works on both Chilled and Frozen enemies, but its SP cost is tripled [Can be enabled/disabled].

• Prominence duration now increases by 1 second per level invested.

• Meteor cooldown time reduced to 55 seconds.

• Hail has its radius increased by 50% of its current amount

• Electrocute execution time is halved

• Rain duration doubled and cooldown is halved.

• Frost Cloud nerfed to 45 second cooldown, and gains an attribute to Freeze enemies, 10% chance per tick at max attribute level.

These changes would make investing in Pyro and Cryo more worth it towards Elementalist than simply Wiz C3. It would also make Pyro and Cryo have utility for future Fire and Ice spells that are released at higher ranks.

This wouldn’t negate Wiz C3 because Wiz C3 would still be desired for Quick Cast (halved cast time), while also separating the damage increase into a different buff.

2 Likes