Tree of Savior Forum

Time to nerf quickcast and Magic arrow

Now this is a strong pyro, oh, no wizard 3.

I would like to reply to OP about Wiz 3 weaknesses for 50% attack buff

Sleep doesnt hit Airā€¦
Magic missle is your only reliable attack skill that only hits 10 units and getā€¦ reduced the more mobs are presentā€¦

Quick cast is the only booster it has and the ONLY REASON TO GET wiz 3ā€¦
IF YOU ARE GOING TO NERF QUICK CASTā€¦

MAY AS WELL TURN ALL SKILL INSTANT CASTā€¦ on its activationā€¦
Change 50% attack to 50% cast timeā€¦ is that better? babiesā€¦

Iā€™d enjoy watching meteor fcks everyone if this happensā€¦

he got thaum 3, like i already said swell brain provides a mtak scaling buff in kTOS from about 25% matk, which all the bonus from thau and linker he pretty much gains the same dps increase or even more than with quickcast and his bonus will only get weaker with future upgrades, UNLESS they change how the buffs work.

He could simply go wiz3/pyro3/wl and be strongerā€¦and more future proof

edit: ok, nvm its not thraum 3, its something like pyro/linker/thraum/wlā€¦ not a good build

Let me tell you this: Before saying someoneā€™s skills are OP, try to make your main skill attribute to lv90 or 100. Many WB hunter Fletcherā€™s MA has 90-100 attribute level and their weapon is +15 and more. Thatā€™s why MA is powerful. Of course you feel your skills are less powerful because your attribute is not high enough and your gear is mediocre.

I thought it only provide 22.5 matk not 22.5%?

really ? do you even calculate before posting ?
even without attribute
2500% + 28475 (total 25 hit)
5s cd

100% attribute
5000% + 56950 (total 25 hit)

magic arrow without attribute already do an ridiculous dps
itā€™s not like itā€™s only OP if people put money on it

1 Like

no, its %, still they are not wanted as support, as obviously chrono/linker outshine them due to buff slots and overall scaling

Now try to imagine those numbers with +50% from QC. You donā€™t need QC to be strong, sure, but anything you do, itā€™s 50% better with QC

1 Like

Ranger 3 here, with Barrage lvl 15, damage is insaneā€¦ xD

Wait so people spend 2 ranks to get Wiz2>Wiz3 just for quick cast, and so many of you want it to be nerfed?

I meanā€¦nerf it all you want but better prepare a rank reset. Unlike other ranks of wizard class, the only purpose to get Wiz3 is to get Quick Cast. If you are going to make the sole purpose of going to that specific rank void, you better be prepared to reroll.

Many people are also complaining about frost cloud. Frost cloud does seem very OP and a lot of us might agree that it needs a nerf. But is has 1 very drastic weakness, and that is not being able to hit flying mobs.

Maybe thatā€™s because Iā€™m too low levelled (around 200), but high HP flying mobs prove to be a problem for me. I would say a nerf in frost cloud but a buff in the other Elementalist skills would be fair? Or maybe giving electrocute more damage on flying enemies (anyone play pokemon here ??)

that same weakness applies to sappers broom trap

which u have to buy the trap and use mp

pretty sure same goes for wugushi too (donā€™t know i am not a wugu)

which you also have to craft and use mp

same no flying problems but for less damage
and the added bonus of an extra weakness of them costing silver

seems fair right? lol

It shows a lot of issues with the game design when a class is almost mandatory-tier because of one spell, almost like Pel being mandatory because of taunt.

The current game scaling is flawed, horribly flawed.

1 to 4, get a lot of % damage scaling
5 to 7, get the most powerful tile-setting with 30-40 hits.

Abuse the % damage stacking and multi hit.

Thatā€™s all you really get to do for DPS. If youā€™re unfortunate enough to be like Swordsman who has a lot of quick strong hit but very low super strong tile skill, your DPS will take a hit.

I rather them nerf most of the % boost damage skill and actually put those % damage right into some kind of Character Level scaling so classes like Pyro can continue to deal damage and not fall off the face of the earth simply because you get the class early so the base damage is pitiful compared to Ele/Warlock floor aka worthless.

Burst hit also need a huge PvE-only boost. Just look at the swordsman buff in general from kToS. When you have to do something as huge as +30% Damage in order to ā€œBalanceā€ something, it shows the issues is far too big to be balanced properly without powercreeping to the max.

This is probably the first MMO I play where over-time does 20x the damage of a burst skill.

Iā€™m not so sure about wugu but is kinda make sense that sapperā€™s broom trap doesnā€™t hit flying enemies. Whereas elementalist skill is called ā€œFrost Cloudā€, not frost ground.

You canā€™t really compare Sapper2 which you get at rank4 to Ele3 which you get at rank6. And archerā€™s other skills actually does have better damage than Wiz3+Ele2 skills.

And Iā€™m not so sure about this but donā€™t archer get an attribute that allows them to hit even more damage to flying enemies when equipped with a 2 handed bow?

Iā€™m not saying that it doesnā€™t really need a nerf, but a lot people will need to reset their ranks if all they get Wiz3 is for the damage attribute. At least classes such as Elementalists and Necromancers benefit from the actual quick cast effect. At least Wiz3Kino variants benefit from surespell, but other classes such as Wiz3-Sorc variants will need to reroll, or reroll to be more effective.

Sorc variants doesnā€™t follow the 2nd rule of ā€œMulti-hit end-game classesā€ for dps anyway so going Sorc with DPS boost and expecting to deal damage late-game is already breaking the min-max rule.

Iā€™m rolling Wiz 3 into a Sorc too and I already know this build is going to be so bad late game because I wonā€™t be able to compete with actual DPS classes. Itā€™s what we get for breaking the almighty %stack damage floor meta.

The whole variant is for personal taste and like. The only thing we have going as a sorc variant is picking up Warlock for DPS with QC buff but even then, you will always deal more if you just ditch Sorc anyway.

Letā€™s not twist the matter in hand, you didnā€™t know it was an intrinsic effect of Freeze eitherā€¦and like me, you wouldnā€™t have been alone in that regard. It isnā€™t stated anywhere ingame, as far as i know.

Regarding Ele skills, the only freezing skill Ele gets is Hail, and it requires an attribute to do so (one that raises cooldown and sp costs as a drawback). Given that apparently it didnā€™t seem to help much, i had disabled it. Sure, i may have noticed when i had it still active that sometimes the damage inflicted was higherā€¦but have you ever tried looking at the damage numbers during an Hail with several monsters involved (as outside of bosses, itā€™s the only time such skill gets actually used)?
You just canā€™t read them. Let alone singling out some of those. Especially if you donā€™t even bother reading them most of the time.

Now that i know that side-effect, i guess i shall keep that attribute on, though.

You mean to tell me you gonna dump your char if QC attribute get reduced to 20-30% damage?

I mean thatā€™s all we ever asked for. We are not that ridiculous to ask for it to become 0% damage.

best way to solve QC attribute

1. Reduce damage from 30% to 10%, still 100% up time
  2. Reduce from 100% up time to 5s duration, dmg bonus still the same

The fact that Frost Cloud is still one of the strongest skill by itself regardless of Quick Cast but these ppl will still wanna reroll if Quick Cast got nerfed really makes me sick.

NO now theyā€™re gonna cry for even more linker nerfs.