Tree of Savior Forum

Time to nerf quickcast and Magic arrow

Giving a higher duration for the QC buff (higher cd too) while keeping the buff from attribute with a duration of 10 seconds or so, should work. It will still be good for burst while not being a buff with 100% up time.

The real problem here would be the buff count, but imc can just make the attribute’s buff go to the second bar.

Lets say QC with 20~25s duration at lv 5 and CD of 20~25s + 50% magic damage buff with 10~13s duration.

Magic Arrow needs a nerf. Maybe just a higher CD is enough.

Warlock’s Pole of Agony is a rank 7 skill just like lv 10 Magic Arrow and both have small AoE. But guess what, PoA has a 2 minutes CD while MA has just 5 seconds.

Frost Cloud also needs a nerf. I would go with a hit count for this one, just like other skills like Zaibas, Carnivory, etc. Or maybe just less hits/second.

Anyway… I believe this game needs a new stat system, making each initial class need 2~3 stats. Also making it work in a way that pure con wizards would do really bad damage even with wiz3>ele3>lock builds. I would also remove the 10% bonus for str and int from each rank change, so people will also stop going for pure str/int builds.

Of course this isnt something that easy to change, since it needs work changing stats and also changing skill’s formulas. But 1 int = 1 magic attack and 5 spr = 1 magic defense just look like a joke to me.

3 Likes

The people crying for Magic Arrow nerf is literally ignorant and haven’t reached ET yet. Nerf Magic Arrow and Fletchers are nothing. The class is only good for one thing and that’s killing bosses. It has terrible AOE and offers nothing else. The META for ET and the only party that has cleared 7f in ET consists of an SR, not a Fletcher. In fact, if you’re a Fletcher and asked to be taken into a serious ET party, you will probably get laughed at. Nobody is going to carry a Fletcher and risk failing just to kill boss faster on 5F and 10F.

Also, Magic Arrow is crap when there’s a bunch of Reversied being casted on world bosses. These whiners don’t even know about Shinobi when it works, Cryo with the Ice Walls, and Musketeers with the 50k+ Snipe burst.

good they can join the rest of the nothing classes

2 Likes

But if most of the time there someone protect wizard, isn’t it pointless to go full CON ? People always recommend to go full CON for PvP (i never pvp, not sure about much things)

I’ve read the arguements… Pretty lame though. Taking wiz3 basically means sacrificing 3 ranks for a single skill QC. For all of u who dont know, thats the ONLY viable skill in the entire wiz circle. It even has a very short duration. Nerfing it would basically double penalize a wiz 3 player who sacrificed 3 whole ranks to get the skill… Sacrificing 3 whole ranks and a nerf?? Who would even play wiz after that? You might as well remove the whole wiz circle.

In PvP, it’s wizard vs wizard now, so yeah, it is recommended to go full CON because of that.

It’s not really sacrificing, it’s a build choice. If you don’t want to go pyro (doesn’t scale well), or cryo (no damage, just CC), or linker (support), then wiz 3 is just a natural choice.

Sacrificing ranks IS a build choice esp if c1-2 are totally useless…

Asides from cleric, all c1-c2 classes are largely useless.

Nope, not really. I have swordsman, cleric and wiz characters… I cant say anything for the archer class. Wiz c1-c2 stands out when it comes to being a waste of time.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

You should get into swordman section of forum, you’ll see how many people get told to reroll because they go sword c2. Sword c1-c2 has 1 useful skill: bash.

Wiz still have surespell and sleep (and wiz can jump attack, mind you), archer c1 is largely useless unless you want to push to c2

Wiz SURESPELL and SLEEP and JUMP?? Really?? Lmao…This guy… Now im starting to love wiz c1-2, thanks man

Thats why i dont usually read the forums… Dont post here if u dont even know what youre talking about lol…

oh sure sorry, I don’t really know what I’m talking about, you are right because you can write “lmao”

What?

Sleep is extremly useful for PvP, Surespell is useful for anyone using channeling skills and is practically mandatory for FF, and Lethargy buffs Strike damage done to targets. Magic Missiles are extremely good and more effective than Ele C1 skills with the exception of Hail.

It’s not just Quick Cast that is useful for Wizards…

The problem with investing in Pyro is that Pyro has long CD abilities or abilities with low damage compared to investing in Wiz C3 and pairing +50% increased damage to higher ranks of spells. Enemy Magic Resist will eventually make Flame Ground not very useful unless you can get extremely high +enhance for a weapon to keep the skill relevant at later levels… but +50% increased damage still maintains higher value as more ranks are available. Wiz C3 is basically a no-brainer choice for most dps builds and you still retain good skills/utility despite your statement of Quick Cast being the only good Wizard spell.

Well heres the thing with the wiz tree. Not everyone channel spells, surespell may be that awesome to you but it is a dead skill for the rest of us. Sleep… well… is just for pvp, unless you wanna watch mobs sleep, if thats your thing then go ahead. Im not even sure why you included magic missile coz we were talkin about c1-2…

And its hard to take you seriously with comments like this

100% uptime at max level…

I still dont get the point of nerfing good stuff to make useless stuff viable, why dont you ■■■■■■■ buff other classes? I mean, if you nerf w3/ele3, swordsman and pyro will still be crap for earth tower (for example). Why not damn make other opitions viable?

because it will make this game broken where everyone are OP and deal tons of dmg
this game is too easy except ET which needs more team work

no idea if it goes broken, everyone kill each other in 2-3 skills ?
i think it’s not a good future.

“viable” =/= “op”, did you even read?

Man, i can see all this nerf cry stuff, but nerfing magical Arrow just kills Fletcher purpose, also nerfing w3/ele3 will kill the class i’ll tell you When… when ET gets flying mobs.

Dont bother weakening the stronger, make the other classes strong, and give us some real Challenge at PVE not only tank spank, even if they lower ele3 dmg, it will still be strong than most classes at aoe situations because its just “tank spanking”.

Not talking about PvP btw…