Tree of Savior Forum

Time to nerf quickcast and Magic arrow

The food buff is refreshment table though, basecamp is only for teleport and storage. This is exactly what I mean, people don’t even use it

And CC is not really supporting, CC is just CC.

If we are going to count supporting skills, wizard is actually more of a support tree, just behind cleric. With chrono, thau, linker, cryo, and then lethargy, sleep, reflect shield etc.

The only true DPS tree is archer

Base camp increases the duration of food buffs, up to double the duration. For what it’s worth, I’m very partial to higher duration food buffs during Earth Tower. One hour buffs can last you through 15/F.

Just a tangent again.

1 Like

Be careful with your buff count though, I’m not sure you want some HP tick or all that chrono buff

Buff count is an issue. But Squire food buffs go in the second row of buffs, and don’t count towards the buff limit.

1 Like

food buff doesnt affect buff count it goes in the secondary buff area

also krivis 3 and squire food buff = 0 sec cd hp regen

why nobody thinks this is op or wants this is beyond me

1 Like

You forgot Skull Swing for Armor Break. Great damage increase for physical dps, especially if they attack quickly.

Cross Guard makes enemies vulnerable to pierce, which is good for Spear users and other Pierce damage sources. Stagger debuff also “roots” enemies in place, which can also be considered a form of support.

Rodelero C3 High Kick increasing Strike damage dealt to targets with the debuff.

But yeah, it’s not like Swordsman doesn’t have support abilities… but unfortunately, Swordsman skills just don’t scale well compared to Archer and Wizard abilities… which is why “dps Swordsman” is a joke for the current version of the game ^o.o^

Skills that don’t even compare to these two skills already got nerfed. Heck, even a whole class got nerfed. It’s only a matter of time until these two skills get the nerf they deserve.

Squire actually has buffs, Alchemist really is just its crafting and doesn’t really do anything outside of its crafting (less you count its offensive skill).

Same deal with Pardoner, it’s also a support.
The only one of the three crafters that doesn’t double as a support is Alch.

Its not simply Wizards and Clerics, all 4 have support classes.
Archer support often isn’t valued (for a couple of reasons) but Hunter, Scout and Falconer are three support type archers. Scouts support isn’t really valued and its generally not why people take it. Hunters are finicky, though snatching works quite well. Rogues Lachrymoter is also valuable.

Crown is a blatant support tool and would be highly valued damage mitigation in any game, if this game focused heavily on magical bosses this would be huge party/raid wide damage mitigation.

Any beef you have with Swordsmen aside they have support tools, all of the 4 base classes get support skills/classes of various value.
These classes also have their balance concerns just as their more offensive counterparts do.

Linker ranks vs Thauma ranks vs Chrono ranks for instance and the current trend is to take Chrono over either of the former options.

1 Like

As far as I concern, CC can used to support as well as Tanking and debuffing. If your understanding on the word supporting are just a bunch of beneficial buff and healing, your mistaken about the word support.

1 Like

Because you need squire 3 and krivis 3 in a party to get it. Both are highly unpopular in grinding party where 1 healer provide enough sustain, and take only 1 party slot instead of 2.

If you say anything not dealing damage is support then yes, every one has support tool.

In my book support is something you provide to your party, and accessible anytime, anywhere.

BTW, swordman 1 and archer 1 have no support skills, cleric 1 and wizard 1 do.

Linker vs Thauma vs Chrono are 3 different support paths, they aim at different things. The reason why Chrono is the meta because meta DPS provide enough AoE DPS without the need for a link or a buff from Thauma, when you don’t need those, you only need Chrono so you can kill even faster.

Oh how I remember the time when people actively looked for linkers to run 90 dungeons.

Right, then all wizard tree should be support, because you have sleep. You should not deal any DPS as a wizard.

technically you could take both of those buffs AND be a healer
taking only 1 slot
squire gives food buff to a party for a small price
like 1 talt each member should cover his bill

krivis is cleric…lol

alternatively the squire is usually pelt 3

so your tank and healer roles are filled

Archer has Swiftsteps evasion bonus at C1.
What are you talking about?
The majority of the cleric line is dedicated to support.
Wizards have multiple trees for it.
Circling, Perspective distortion, Snatching, are all support skills.
Why does it feel like your scope is limited specifically to grinding parties?
Such an arbitrary discussion when there are blatantly stated support type characters in each of the 4 base classes.

And yet some people (not you) try to shove “swordman should be tank” and “swordman should be support” down my throat. That is for them.

actually all this nerfing crap is bullpoo.
if u all want a more complicated way of balaning ,
it all rounds down to the attributes.
QC might be strong, but for some class,it is a balancing skill to cover for their lack of skills and dmg.
so if that is the cast,
it would only mean that the classes who are OP are the reason behind the flaw.
anyway there is no point ranting like babies.
just let IMC do wat they think is right.
if anyone disagree ,
there is the uninstall button.
do ursefl a favor and everyone else as well.
shut it or leave thank you lol.

Yeah all wizard 1 practically can support. The Schwarzer Reiter combo that conquer 10+ floor on ET consist of.

1. Schwawrzer 2 retreat shot - Main DPS
  2. Krivis 3 Melstis - Longer Duration of retreat shot
  3. And 3 any Wizard that have Lethargy with attribute 100% increase damage on strike attack and sleep.
  4. Chronomancer 3 Pass and Slow.

Edit: 10+ Floor

This kid wants to nerf skills coz nobody wants him in their party… Well thats a super bright idea… While your at it why dont u nerf everything else that’s needed in a party such as heals, dps and tank buffs… Dont blame others if nobody wants u kid

I dont get it why it must be nerfed?

If everything need to be argued just because your build is not that good then it will be never ending story.

today you say w3 op. After nerve, those wiz 3 will ask to nerf your built and at the end of the day, every one suffer.

Tree of Saviour is not the nomral MMO where all the skill available on display because of the circles,

It takes time for people to do some search of what play style they like to play.,

If everyday a skill is nerved to rubbish, pity those who do research before start playing,

About QC attribute, how about we keep the damage bonus but have something like +50% damage taken (or 100% for all i care). Im a dps wizard 3 and i think it ok (need to play more careful but maybe that how a glass cannon should be)

To avoid power creep.

Basically, if something pushes the power curve (expected power at X point) up or down, you either bring that thing in line with nerf, or pushes the total power curve upward (for example, look at Hearthstone and compare its initial 4 drops vs what it has these days after the introduction of Piloted Shredder)

While it’s possible to buff other class trees to be on par with Wiz3+, it still leaves any non wiz3 damage route subpar due to lacking that QC bonus on higher rank skills. (like say, one person went Pyro 2 instead of Wiz 3)

And if they don’t nerf QC, then either rank 8 Wiz will be even more out of balance from that +50%, or they have to make them weaker overall to counterbalance QC. But the latter will forces even more Wiz to be Wiz3 to ensure at least ‘balance’ level of power, furthering the problem instead (of Wiz3 being too ‘required’ for damage output)

And no, upping the number like crazy might please the people, but it’s not healthy for the game. Heck WoW had to adjust all its numbers DOWN at one point because it was getting too out of hand.

Aside from power creep mentioned above, it kills other builds. Linker and thauma is no longer needed because QC give enough damage. Pyro is never picked as DPS anymore, because after you go wiz 3, you don’t want to go pyro

Well, most of the time there will be someone shielding for the wiz so additional damage taken is largely pointless (unless it is 500% like shinobi). But yeah, it needs a downside, that’s about it