Tree of Savior Forum

Time to nerf quickcast and Magic arrow

Buff without nerf will create power creep. You will soon reach the state where everyone just popping out DPS.

Nerfing is actually less devastating than revamping. For example, reducing number from 50% to 30%, later on they can re-adjust the number back to 40% if they gather that 30% is too low. Revamping will cause a bunch of build to be broken because you often build base on the specific interaction with the skill.

The problem is that it takes too long for IMC to adjust anything.
So make one mistake and players will suffer for months.
I’d prefer them to make adjustments on later states of game.

Thats what the complainers want specially the swordsman main. There will always be a class devoted to support or utility wise and cant generate greater damage.

Make Quick Cast attribute half as effective on instant cast skills, while maintaining full effect on skills with cast time or channeling duration.

Frost Cloud/Pole of Agony etc will only receive 25% increase.
Electrocute/Hail/Meteor etc will still receive 50% increase.

1 Like

I like ur idea, sir.

Most players that complain in this game nowadays are brain dead. Instead of nerf something, you should suggest IMC boost something, make those useless classes into more useful one or at least helpful. Not nerf this and that because jealous of how strong other players are.

If you never use wiz3-builds or fletchers, then shut the f*** up… you only see their strong point and does not even know their weak part. Research more before you post a suggestion so that you wont make yourself look like you having a retarded brain.

you must be the “brain dead”, “retarded brain” person you mention

if you try to buff all weak class to strong as OP class
so every class will become OP and make this game broken

btw
tell me wth is quick cast weak part ? magic arrow weak part is only small aoe but most of world boss are stupid sitting duck that they stand on your magic arrow all the day

so
quick cast: 50% magic dmg increased 100% up time
magic arrow: 2500% + 28475 every 5s

wow so weak

for those who don’t know anything and try to be smart please get out of here
thank you

1 Like

Weak part of QC is that you have to sacrifice 2 circles to get it.

1 Like

2 circle to get 50% increased your total magic damage is not worth ?
and first 3 rank is too hard to leveling ?

you gotta kidding me
also up to wiz c3 got surespell lv 10 and sleep lv 15 which is very good at pvp (sleep lv 15 is OP, not even good)

if they add archer and sword man c3 skill that increased their total physical attack by 50% then everyone will up to it like wiz c3 also
that’s why quick cast attribute need a nerf

2 circles to get 50% increased total magic damage are indeed worth it, right now.
With a nerf, it may be not. Same with a buff to the other wizard classes of those same ranks. It’s just a matter of opportunity costs, after all.

And mostly useless in PvE. Surespell is nice, but outside of some particular skills, you don’t really need it. It just makes playing more comfortable.
You’re spending three circles to get quick cast and magic missile, and that’s it.

If they also get the same downsides of such a choice (thus skills that are mostly useless up to the third rank) so be it.

Except sword man has 1 utility skill (swashbuckling) and no support skills. In fact, swordman is the only tree that offer nothing to the party lol, all 3 other trees have something they can buff to the party.

Double pay earn is awesome. Spear lunge is awesome (increases missle, for some reason). Squire tent is very nice. Well, for party swordsman have some opitions, but lets go all cata 3 dragoon!!!

That’s Bokor’s zombie buff, not Necro’s buff

Okay, your opinion makes sense.

But i’m really scared about all these class changes cuz most of IMC’s activity looks to me like fighting fire with gasoline.

This mentality of nerfing everything down to the same level is poison. Why does everyone feel this is the correct thing to do? League does it and League’s balance is NOTORIOUS for being horrible specifically because of this - some new FoTM “OP” character always, always pops up when they nerf something. You simply can’t keep up this style of balancing and it just feels -bad- for players.

As a player, especially in a game where it takes several hundred hours to level a character up (as opposed to a MOBA where you just pick a different character, or other MMOs were re-rolling isn’t quite as an investment), it feels like absolute ■■■■ to have your character invalidated by nerfs. -This- is what people quit the game over; people will never stop playing because crappy classes got buffs to be close to Fletchers or whatever it is.

It feels better as a player for everyone involved to bring everyone up. Power creep is inevitable, especially as we approach a cap raise and -especially- because monsters are generally overtuned as it is right now - where do you draw the line? Do you continually nerf what the new nerfs brought up to the top? Then you have the opposite problem. This isn’t a competitive game or TCG that has vested interest in players investing into newer, more powerful things - there is nothing inherently wrong with making players stronger.

PvP is a different beast altogether. IMC is doing the correct thing in making specific PvP nerfs and buffing weaker classes up in kTOS. They don’t need to nerf the classes that happen to be stronger right now (which rank 8 could change up entirely) and chase away players they’re struggling to keep.

3 Likes

Hi. You again. The salty swordman. Ha! Still a crying baby after few weeks? Sad sad. =(

OP? Ha… since when i said OP. Can you even read? I doubt that. Some class in this game are really weak and need some buff to be USEFUL not OP. I did said that. Eg. Featherfoot. and also some swordman classes, so does those utility classes like squire and alchemist.

Btw I will ignore bottom part of your comments. Because you are just a keyboard warrior that think your theory 100% correct and dont even consider others opinion.

Thank you for long reply… even that I know you have no brain but you try hard to reply on my comment :’)

sorry but i’m a rogue, not a sword man :smile_cat:

i just hop in some sword man topic because they are weak and need to buff
not like you, the one always afraid of your toy being broke so you jump at people who against your class ?

and my bottom part is the data from the game itself
"keyboard warrior" ? theory ?
are you an idiot or trying to be stupid my friend ?
or you are that “no brain” “retarded brain” that you told before, that 's why you don’t know shiet about those skills and data from the game ?
and if you don’t know what are you trying to prove here ? your godlike experience about this game ? :smile_cat:

told you before
stop try to being smart and get the fk out from this topic please :smile_cat:

Make more bosses with special traits like turn ice/fire/dark damage into heal, dispell few buffs, remove or convert ground spell , reflect magic/physical damage, summon minion…etc…

-Use elemental damage to heal would give physical class more favor
-The damage reflection would help summon/pet/trap/poison classes, they can deal damage without killing themselves.
-Bosses that summon big minions will give CC class more chance to shine

…

The lack of ranks, synergy, incomplete design, poorness of contents, bosses not only giving Elememe so many favor but also make others build less practical.

Nerf quick cast and ele won’t make others classes more fun to play unless u are something archer.

1 Like

Right, except it doesn’t help your party kill faster, or survive longer. It gives some silver at best.

Right, except that it doesn’t increase magic, which is the main DPS right now.

Can’t be used in dungeon, or mission, or world boss. Basically nowhere useful

The only option for swordman in party is swashbuckling. And cata 3 dragoon is by far not the most popular build for swordman. The most popular is sword pelt hop 3 doppel dragoon.

So you are saying there is no reason at all to pick swordsman, and to solve that we must nerf Quick cast? (y)