Tree of Savior Forum

Thoughts on Radical Shift (1/10th Previous Prices) on Market [7+ Years of being an ACTIVE RO Player]

Just my two cents, I know that the change was so drastic but won’t this encourage players to actually use the utility skills that other classes have? Like Squire for example, they are able to repair equipment and even gives additional bonuses. As what the developers said if there is an NPC that provides something there will most likely be a class for it in the future. At the moment we have two classes that have skills than actually is in need especially with this drastic change… The Squire like I said before and the Alchemist, what do you guys think?

EDIT: I guess you can also utilize Pardoner and Dievdirby skills too.

It’s no good if a soon-to-be squire gets bankrupted by repairs before actually getting there, is it?

3 Likes

You’ve got a point there too, but I guess they just want the journey to be well long? xD

you just make my day… hahahahha. I also got shocked earlier by the repair price. :cry:

i really think this change will discourage player and encourage " bug exploit " , bot , agressive people on farming spot , etc …

If this change encourages bug exploits, GOOD! The whole point is we are suppose to be finding bugs…

All of these posts about how “IMC is ruining the economy” are taking this beta test a little too seriously. What will you all do if IMC decides to wipe all of your character data tomorrow? This is a beta test, for testing. Nowhere has IMC stated that these changes are permanent and how things will be in the actual game. How is IMC going to figure out what the optimal NPC sell price is without testing it? Give IMC a little bit of credit. These posts about the economy are just silly.

Expect a lot more changes. If you can’t handle IMC making changes like this, even if they are just temporary, then you really shouldn’t be in the beta test.

There are plenty of things to do that do not require repairing gears. Beta testing is not entirely about level progression. We are only 1 week in, you will have plenty of time for that.

You’re making a lot of bias assumptions on IMC’s part. The theory that this is purposely done to encourage people to find bugs is absolutely proposterous for one. Even if IMC are that indirect and nonconvential, that causes other major issues, for instance, blocking out anything that requires silver at higher levels which are things that not only worth testing, but don’t rely on random chance of people somehow finding bugs better due to being broke, like come on lol. The very notion of that insults IMC’s intellegence much more so than giving feedback about the silver changes.

The only thing silly are white knights telling testers to not give feedback during a closed beta test which is the opposite of what IMC Games actually wants. Which, we do not know if this is a bug, a poor oversight, or what. Regardless of how it came about, testers are experiencing it and giving feedback based on it. Expect a lot more feedback that will criticize aspects and changes of the game throughout the closed beta period because that’s what players will and should do and IMC Games condones it.

2 Likes

I am certainly not saying not to give feedback, by all means give feedback - that is what you should be doing. However, IMC clearly stated the repair prices were a bug. Once that is fixed you will probably be able to earn more from selling loots than it costs to repair. Providing feedback on their decision to adjust NPC prices before they have even properly implemented that change, doesn’t help anyone.

Market place is bugged 80% of the day how low level people will make money , i dont have a problem with it but think a little

They can just disconnect the ones that stand in the same place for more than an hour, or change the place of mobs respawn to a random one, so the player will have to move around to hit something (this may fix the issue with the big red kepa)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/63743375.jpg

Yes it does, considerinig that if it’s intentionial, it’s terrible for the game in general, terrible for the test, and not well recieved. If people don’t like a change or pontential change and have a strong case for why it’s toxic for the game and the testing phase, they have a right to express it. You not liking people wanting to express feedback against it is what has no place here. This is a section for beta feedback, not player complaints about said feedback, for crying out loud.

1 Like

bullet shooter recipe price to NPC : 30k > 1513 silver

IT WAS DIVIDED BY 20

5 rank item = useless junk now -_- 1413 silver for rank 5 item

item dropped by kepa 210 silver increased to 510 silver …

wtf ?!

how can people defend that ?

Seriously, I’m tired of the white knight act as well. I don’t really see any decent job done by IMC yet, hence no reason to defend them.

I can understand if the bug is too hard to fix, but their communication is a failure too. Most of the rant can be shut down by just giving a words or two on our current situation.

Just a “Hi Beta Tester, we are changing the price because blah blah blah.” would be fine to reduce the amount of people raging.

tl;dr: They deserve the angry feedback.

2 Likes

now squire people just try to scam all the newcomer by bying their valuable stuff at very cheap price … ( e.g. talt for 2k ) nice move IMC …

It’s funny too because people think the current high repair prices are a bug, when the actual bug is that they’re being applied regardless of the current durability. Once that’s fixed, repairing broken gear will still cost the exact same it costs right now.

@meiohjp: And then IMC will (hopefully) realize that the changes just don’t work in the context of a working environment. Unless high level players are going to start funding low level players, the game will functionally die out before it even leaves beta status.

It’s 3x in comparison to the previous CBT which had reduced ratings.
As far as we know the exp/drop rate might be just as it is in the final release.

Also I like the changes to the economy. I played whole day yesterday, did some instances, died a couple of times, repaired few times and I STILL HAD SURPLUS MONEY and I didn’t even do anything to earn it. People got used to get free money without working for it from other MMOs.

I know the current repair price is a bug, but I like it, because Squires can earn some money for themselves and they charge 1/4 of what the blacksmith does. If the price goes down again then Squire will have one useless skill (honestly, who even cares about 5 points of extra durability?).

There’s only thing I would want to see changed.
The one thing - other economy changes are good the game and combating inflation imo.
So that one thing is to reduce a bit the cost of enhancing a weapon. 66k to go up from +4 to +5 on 75 level weapon is way too much and only affordable by some kind of alts/twinks.

I’m assuming you’re a low level player or just don’t know all the sinks already available to you. The higher level you are, the more repair prices go up, as well as upgrade fees, as well as attribue costs, etc. If you actually read the majority of the thread, you would know that a couple mil silver isn’t even a lot when it comes to utilizing all the mechancis available to you with each stage of progress. This would mean either they do not want players to utilize the silver sinks in place relative to their progress or that this is an oversight or a bug. That is besides the issue that such ratios of silver generation vs. silver costs will highly encourage players to buy silver from bots or bot their selves.

2 Likes

Pretty much. Anyone who complains about having too much money can’t possibly be leveling their attributes. The first 1% damage attribute on a rank 5 skill costs what, 62k?

3 Likes

It may be, yet in the end, people will compete and sell at a razor thin margin above the NPC shop selling price.
That means, everyone, not just botter, will face a disastrous time gaining a money. In the end, it will encourage BOTs as they’re unable to stay playing so long that they would have enough money, Not to mention, in-game currency trading with actual one.

You make a game to hard, remember, it’s a game, if you make it too hard people will cheat or won’t play. Why they need to dedicate their precious time one just a game that so hard to play and require extensive of time?

People that are the grown-up, working people now, (since people in RO generation would have graduated already.) They don’t have much time left to begin with. I fall in this category too.

I want you to think that, why we would suffer that much for a game?

2 Likes

You’re assuming wrong, so stop looking down on someone because their opinion differs.
I’ve read the majority of the threat and I’ve played enough MMOs for the past 12 years to know people will whine for every inconvenience and the worst thing for a game developer is to listen to these players.

Slow economy is fine. If you had any experience with games you’d know that barely making even is waaay better than bloating the economy. In a well balanced game you’re supposed to not have everything you want and have to pick between bonus_1 and bonus_2, because you can’t afford both.