Tree of Savior Forum

This event is by far one of the best

Many people are saying this event is dumb for whatever reason, i guess simply because they cannot easily get all the cubes without using their brain.

This is a event meant to test your ability to survive, to teach you not to face tank monsters, and the prices are really good.

You get the headgear and 3 enchant scrolls for free, simply by participating 20 times, so don’t be all greedy cause you won’t get 6 prison cubes per run on every char. You expected to simply get them all since first day?

We have around 21 days to figure out how to solve the stages and make profit of it. 2 entries per character.

IMC has to either reduce boss number or correct their advertisment on event though, sine there are 3 bosses at stage 1 and it said there would be 2 only.

I really enjoy a challenging event and i expect more events like this.

PD: I have 250+ ping constantly, playing from EU in NA Klaipeda server, for all those interested. And yeah i managed to jump shadowgaler 5 times in a row EASILY.

6 Likes

Guess you’re not one of the players who suffer from high ping. For us at Silute, who had our “regional” server “temporarilly” relocated to US, this event is basically a sure fail unless the party avoids dieing all at once somehow and keep spamming soul crystals. No real way to avoind ShadowGaler’s ring of death of Cerberu’s homing fire balls with high latency.

So nah, not fun in the least. Not challenging either, simply undoable period.

19 Likes

use your brain with 300 ping

huehuehuehuehue

10 Likes

Can’t wait to try the challenge myself.

2 Likes

250-500 ping, playing from spain in NA server, so yeah 50% of the globe. So yeah, ping is not the issue unless it’s really high, you just need to use more brain and reflexes.

Cross post here

4 Likes

Reminds me of the days that people were complaining about not being able to dodge Siauliai bosses due to high latency…Self-explanatory video showing how to git gud, awesome. :stuck_out_tongue:

Too bad the exceeded server capacity ruined it :[

1 Like

sis

we are not talking about possibilities

we are talking about enjoyment… comfort…

if usain bolt can run 100m under 10sec, many still cant do 15sec…

imc can remove 1 boss or reduce the survival timer to ease it up…
even imc admit and they will consider reducing the difficulties…

there is no beautiful way to describe lag, sis… not on this event…

OP

careful u get banned like mystic cube exploit, 30days is a nice ban

announcement says 1entry per team, 2entries for token user
by team, i dont think it means 5alts get to do 10times

inb4 staph embarrasing urself meme

https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=823
9 Likes

Two things they need to fix, Being able to use cystals, and not getting more than 2 entries per team like they said it would. :confused:

I haven’t gotten to try the event out. I’m just interested in the random boss cubes. :>

Yes I do agree that the event is too challenging for an average player to clear its stage 1. IMC could use your suggestion and reduce the bosses or survival timer to help ease the player into this survival event.

On enjoyment and comfort, elements of most MMO, grinding for exp, farming for low drop gears etc, impose hardship to the player and reward them with the enjoyment of leveling up and joy of finally owning the piece of gear the player works hard for.

In this case, the player is made to learn how to circumvent the instance bosses, and is rewarded for their efforts in learning how to manually dodge. IMC even provide rewards for everyone who tried a number of times but failed to too.

A timed event, doesn’t necessarily means it has to be easy for everyone. It can be challenging and hard.

From this event we can actually see a number of things though, some shortcomings of IMC such as:

• Not considering/missing out the latency issues faced by the International community when designing the event. Probably kTos and jToS wouldn’t experience high ping issues for this event at all.

• Created the event as too hard for an average player. In good design an average player should be able to clear 1 out of the 3 phases with some effort put in.

• Misinformation of event details on official website, probably due to translation issues.

And also how many of us are:

• Expect events with easy rewards. Casual doesn’t mean it has to be easy, the event itself even gives rewards on number of tries, whether failed or pass.

• Take things too quickly and quick to dismiss it as impossible… It is just the 1st day of the 21 day event. As players play more, more strategies will be found to clear the event. Things will get easier when we find out more on the AI and movement patterns of the bosses, just like how ET gets easier and easier to do the more we run it.

3 Likes

but how does it feels to roll a untested event onto live server

may QC tester actually played this design and whodahell approved this

is it fair to take live server as testing?

even announcement miss-translation warrant for compensation already

this all add up to the continuous unfair treatment to us player.

leaving sentimental/emotion aside, studying this from pure mechanics and game design.

its a flaw to not consider player/user environment when designing it.

it shows that imc dont know silute or half of the player are playing on higher than average ping.

if they know, they deliberately ignore that fact and does not consider it as a factor.

2 Likes

…I totally missed that…oh well…

Btw it is not even that clear on the red event page… I’m rly not even sure how should it be… I remember there was a confusion with the halloween event too and that didn’t change till the end.
The funny thing is that I actually like 1/team events more because I hate too much dailies… but I already did this with 3 chars so I failed… :smiley:

1 Like

Hmm I’m not a developer for ToS so I can’t answer your question. I’m just a regular player who is trying my hardest to offer unbiased views on what is happening in the game which I like to play. :3

Yes I do believe that they (IMC) do test their designs before rolling them out to live servers. The event is hard and it is a working instance. It doesn’t crash nor fail to deal out rewards and failures. So, yes it is working as intended, just the level of difficulty of this event is not matched to iToS’s average player’s skill level. We have to get this right.

Personally I find that it will be too much to ask for compensation just for mistranslation of an event, it is not like we lose things such as exp, levels and gear that we need to be compensated.

Studying this from pure mechanics and game design. Yes it is an oversight for them to not consider the player/user environment.

We also don’t know whether this event is made solely for iToS or is ported from kToS. Like how most other korean MMOs, most of them are created for their local populace in mind. Latency isn’t an issue to them at all. So when a game/effect is ported over to the international scene, suddenly things which are once considered negligible to the playerbase (eg. ping) becomes an issue.

For this can’t really blame them as ToS isn’t really developed for international low latency gaming as a base. It is more of an afterthought (I suppose) that IMC decide to release the game internationally since they have so many International fans wanting to play the game.

Perhaps if IMC did get to read what we wrote here, I would really love to suggest to them that for future events it will be good to take latency into consideration. Maybe just for iToS we can stick to events such as treasure finding, puzzle solving or platforming with lax time restrictions. This will benefit everyone including many of us who are not living in close proximity to the game servers.

Platforming I mean this, this will make a nice event which can give rewards.

Edit:

Time for some “conspiracy theories”. Perhaps this is what IMC planned for in future, where players need to manually dodge skills from bosses just to fight them and win. Recently the PVE game has gotten quite stale due to the fact that almost every single thing from ET to WB (besides our dear Rexi who has SP drain :3 ) can be facetanked using Ausrine/Melstis without care of what skills or attacks the boss is doing.

Time to learn how to manual dodge rather than relying too much on skills that give ‘infinite’ invulnerability.

2 Likes

It is possible If ping would be stable.
I can dodge maybe 8 or 9 of 10 Shadowgaler’s aoe. But its no fun to be killed by lag spike.

icmp ping to server is 130ms - stable. //ping inside tos is 130-400 - far from stable.

The only things i don’t like is that some Bosses skills, like Shadowgalers “green ring”-aoe attack, aren’t very clear on where exactly its hitbox is.
Is that ring supposed to be in the air or on the ground? With the camera perspective it makes quite a difference.
Does only the most outer edge hit targets or how far in does its hitbox go? Obviously you’re supposed to jump over it, however the ingame graphics don’t really match up with its hitbox.

Oh yea, and that some bosses aoe attacks rain down on random spots with sometimes no time to let the player react, which is a bit unfair when the player only has 1 hp.

Other than that, i really like the idea and concept of it, i hope they’ll improve it in the future. :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

IMC also did not advertise about the 1hp thing, can they “correct” it as well?
Also, if you enter more than 2 times per day, technically it is an “exploit” according to IMC’s definition.

This is not “Dark Souls”. . .

Good items are hard to get in this game. To implement an event where you double or improve your chances to get one of those hard to get items, should not be easy, but its a contradiction to justify as “challenge” something that already is a challenge to acquire; something that is supposed to appeal players must not end in the opposite results, that is mere marketing.

Don’t mistake your high expectation or your normal expectation of a “challenging” game, with ridiculous and poorly planning that instead of aiming for the whole community, it aims for an specific group (those who look for challenge). There are already good games for players who look and embrace “challenge”, it is not a question of “who uses their brain”… it is a cuestión of a miss -placed gameplay focus (Survival) with nonsense restrictions that make it ridiculous (no usage of skills or pots…?! really, in an MMO…R…Fucking…P.G…!!!).

Think of the Lesser Panda companion and how it has been a mediocre failure. Devs have not shine for their brilliant ideas in this game.

2 Likes

So what gaming techniques do you think to address the following challenges?

1. Delayed animation from bosses, where the damage occurs before the animation proceeds.
  2. Loading screen delays, where my character dies before loading completes.
  3. Boss casting AOE off screen, which is usually coupled with delayed animation. (NOTE: Using the add-on that allows you to zoom out further is an unfair advantage, which is bannable).
2 Likes

‘use your brain’ lmao.

Doesn’t change the fact this event is still not very fun or truly challenging. Ive beat every Soulsborne game SL1, Touhou game on Lunatic, Rabi Ribi on BEX etc and those games are ‘challenging’. This is just a sloppy boss crap-fest where half of it is buggy or lagy. I can survive round 2 nearly every time but it’s still not fun, and sometimes you still die to invisible attacks or things that looks like you dodged them but you still somehow get hit.

It’s just not fun, use your brain. The Halloween event was a good idea, this is a joke.

9 Likes

Just wanna say I feel you COMPLETELY. There is not a single time I didn’t die before the loading completes.

I had this well-f*ck-you-for-your-high-ping issue in the Crystal Mines mission and many things else too, but at least I can still manage there with my teammates. While for this event, failures are goddamn guaranteed. All I could get from it is just to go in daily to die & get my record consistently for 20 counts reward, and be done with it.

I’ve been trying to ignore all the ranting about everything else in this game and just focus on the enjoyable parts. But there’s a limit to my patience. It’s not like they are not aware of the problems regarding their optimization and FPS and such by the way. Why do they even approve this kind of event that would only make us suffer?

Heck it even feels like a personal revenge for all the ranting and name callings they’ve seen everywhere LOL. I sincerely hope that’s not the case though, otherwise they simply deserve all the blame ._.

1 Like