Tree of Savior Forum

The Ultimate Shield

Thing is, I don’t really see any defensive skills like Peltasta’s Guardian, Buckling, High Guard, etc.

Rodelero has…slithering…maybe? Although I’ll admit I couldn’t test that one properly.

Shield Bash, Shoving, Push, Montano, Targe Smash and High Kick have debuffs, so that’s why I think it’s mainly a debuffing class that shines in PvP if used properly (it’s hard to get in range).

Now, you could say a tank does its job better by picking up this class. That doesn’t mean that the class itself is a particularly tanky one, since it can fit in a lot of builds.

1 Like

Fine it’s not solely a tank class, but I’d definitely recommend it for it’s capabilities to disable magic-type enemies in dungeons.

1 Like

Rodelero does more damage than fencer, lol

Care to explain?
Most of Fencer’s skills are multi-hit, if you’re just looking at the simulator.

Targe Smash is 1 hit, but with the strike debuffs it’s 400% weapon + 400% bonus. It’s like a multi-hit but it only gets reduced by defense once and has 3 overheats. Shooting star is 1600% weapon damage and bonus against a fully strike debuffed target, 1200% can be done solo by the rodelero and it has overheats. (every wizard in the game can get a 100% strike damage debuff with only 1 point in lethargy though)

For reference, Sept Etoiles is 700% (1400% with R7 preparation prep) and it has no overheat, a longer cooldown, and preparation cooldown is much longer.
Preparation also doesn’t effect other players since it’s a buff on you that only works once.

In a scenario with no debuffs being used at all Shooting Star is more damage total than Sept Etoiles because of it’s overheat and it has a lower cooldown.

1 Like

So first off, where are you getting these percentages from? For the bonus damage and apparently Targe smash has 400% weapon damage?
And do you even know if these modifiers stack? How long they last? Or how many hits you can use while they’re active?

And since this is a tanking build, I don’t think you should forget the evasion boosts from Lunge and Esquive Toucher along with Flanconnade and of course Preparation .
Also Fencer gives you pierce attacks, something you’d have almost none of.

Each of these hits would still have defense subtracted from them.

Admittedly, Shooting Star is better than Sept Etoiles, without debuffs. Mostly due to the overheat.

One block + more pierce damage is fine with me.

You’ll do more damage with strike against strike-resistant targets than a fencer would do pierce against pierce-weak targets.

The debuffs stack, slithering and high kick debuffs last 10 seconds and have great uptime. Lethargy lasts 30 seconds with an 18 second cooldown and every wizard that can eat without a straw has 1 point in it.

Lunge and Esquive Toucher 1. don’t actually give any evasion boost at all and 2. have really hilariously long animations that seem designed to get you slapped.

Preparatian being a 35 second cooldown for 1 pierce boosted skill is hilariously bad.

If you go barb C1 at R3 (instead of hoplite) before going rodelero C3, even stomping kick will be a better skill than Sept Etoiles + preparation. Think about that.

Also, shield shoving, shield bash, shield push have the fastest animations in the game and are instantly cancellable so that’s nice.

What’s your plan for Rank 7 then? Do you have any recommendations on stats? I’ve been putting about half my points in DEX and I dodge a lot but don’t crit often. (I’m still using Plate armor as well…)

Personally I was going to do Templar, so I might do Rodelero since I won’t even have C2 Fencer… Also I read that in kToS most of the cool-downs have been reduced along with Shooting Star being changed to strike type.

You do make a strong case, other than the percentages which I don’t know where you got them from.

Yeah, it’s good for templar. A lot of people do dumb stuff like peltasta 3 and squire before templar, but the entire point of the templar class is pvp so they’ll regret it

Ya having trouble picking a rank 7, templer is good if you want to run a guild but if you don’t I was thinking dopp or shinobi? Dopp would give you very good aoe, might be good to just to rod 2 for dopp 2 that be high dps along with the tanking and CC. hmmm

I’m thinking of running at least C2 Peltasta then Rodelro just to really stay within the theme of using your Shield as a Weapon. I am very much inclined to investing more in DEX than STR. (And there’s CON of course)

Given the investment in DEX, I am actually interested in going for Shinobi - so the Clones would have increased Health.

It would probably be –

Pelt 2 - Rod 3 - Shinobi or Pelt 3 - Rod 2 - Shinobi or just stay a Shield Freak forever and go Pelt 3 - Rod 3.

Hopefully later ranks spew other more Shield Based / Defensive CC classes I can further invest in.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1134aaag.1123354551.15243541.152545.1121364151657f8a95.15213554

You can use Stabbing, Pierce, and Synchro Thrusting with sword and shield.
You’ll also want to be able to equip spears because of how Centurion works (assuming it’s ever available again at R8 or above)

How did your tank templar got? Is it good?

I’m only level 112, Rank 4, so Templar is a ways off.
I did use my stat reset, to try out 1:2 STR/CON with bonus points into STR.

About 80% of the time I’m doing more damage and I have a higher HP Pool, though I believe I’m taking more hits than before, because of less evasion.

It’s good for being in a party (Either stat build) but your damage is really not good. And honestly you could drop Peltasta 2 but there’s nothing useful to get there anyways. :confused:

Hoplit is always an good pick up for rank 3 just for the buff or stabbing if you use spear.

What can you suggest in replacing peltrasta 2?

depends, hoplite is good

Like I said, there’s nothing else to take there really (If you want Rodelero and a Rank 7 class) and the extra swash buckling is the only real reason to take it…

I find now that I’ve got Rodelero using Highguard isn’t really worth the time. Sometimes I’ll use it just to use Rim blow and Umbo Blow then right-click it off… for a bit of extra DPS. And I don’t find that I need it in dungeons or with parties.

was watching ur build because i did pelasta C3 !

and now dunno what class i will take im job 15 >.<

pelaC3 -> rodelC2-> fencer c1 ?
pelaC3 -> rodelC1-> fencer c2 ?
pelaC3 -> corsairC1> fencer c2 ?

sersly >.> if someone can help me ?

a lot ppl said me rodelero suck ? rodelero C2 or nothing (for mage 10sec ?)

thx for ur help !!!

Right now I’m Sword C1 > Pelt C1 > Barb C2, and I plan on either going Rodelero C2 > ??? or Rodelero C3.

I’ve read a few testaments of the power of Rodelero being weak in the high levels, but that’s why I went Barb c2. The skills are powerful and give me great mobbing and multi-hit. The Rodelero climb should be much improved with that under my belt.

I won’t being going Rod C2-3 for uber dmg, I just like the sword and shield style and at the same time having a way to counter magic is pretty great utility wise. The PvP utility is the major clincher though.