Tree of Savior Forum

The Ultimate Shield

I like the idea, but have some questions about it:

Isn’t it better to have high level Montano instead of Shield Bash ? I know that Slithering raises strike damage, but Lunge raises slash damage, and outside of Flaconnade, I don’t see more in the build. And Montano has a chance of Paralyze and Slow(with attribute) enemies.

Are max level Lunge and Esquive Toucher really that necessary ? I know it raises Evasion a lot, but since you’re pumping a lot of points into DEX and have guardian’s attribute, you should have at least some evasion already, even at high end content. I’m guessing level 7 on each of them should be enough. It should be better to raise Sept Etoiles(for bust damage) and Attaque Coquille(for a few more seconds of it’s Pierce buff)

Just wanna say that rodelero is the mage killer now…shield bash if hit will rumble your stats so f you are a mage your int might be transferred to str XD. Slithering, this skill will make you a good tank against magic mobs. If remember correctly I used it in one of the instance dungeon where there are magic type mobs, and my party members were amazed that magic attack all missed at me. Rodelero is a great TANK CC class one of the most underrated class in cbt, I know this cause I only saw 3 rodelero during cbt2 and I am one of those.

Thank you for all your advice and i do agree rodelero 3 only adds dps so i was thinking could i do something like this and basically stat up con/dex at a 2:1 ratio?

Those are valid questions, it might be worth it to take points out of shield bash for Montano and I might just do that…

As for your suggestions on fencer skills, I know you could but because it’s a tank build your going to be using these skills as much as possible, therefore higher damage on them seems the way to go.

Also Attaque Coquille has 100% uptime at level 4, and since the animation seems quite fast, you should be using it a lot.

EDIT: If anyone’s interested here’s the revised Rodelero:

Took 1 point in shield bash because I’m hoping the debuff will prove useful…

Oh man, you’re right about Attaque Coquille, sorry I must be getting old :sweat:

About Preparation, last info I got from it, it blocks only one attack, don’t think it helps much. Flaconnade should be a better spamming skill, when tanking.

Does someone has any videos showing Shield Bash and Shield Shoving animations ? I want to compare if they’re faster than other skills.

I still think preparation would be worth it due to double pierce damage on the next attack, just make sure you have it ready for bosses.

As for Flanconnade I’m still a little confused at what it does… Does it just guarantee a block after using it? The only video I’ve found was the one on tosbase.com which just shows using the attack portion, not getting attacked.

I’d be interested in seeing videos of Shield Bash and Shield Shoving…and if you can increase the enemys CON (HP) with Shield Bash is something I’d like to know as well.

I found a video of Shield Shoving. Look at this thread:

The name is Shield Moving, 'cause original poster mistranslated.

Still need Shield Bash.

It looks a lot like Rim Blow, hopefully it’s hitbox is a bit better though.

If you’re still interested I might be able to post a video once I get Rodelero. Although Shield bash isn’t until Circle. 2 :disappointed_relieved:

Thank you, I do like to see “Shield Bash” animation, before deciding about my build.

Leveling is kind of slow with dungeons being broken, but as soon as I get Rodelero I’ll upload a video.
(I’m going to assume you’ll be an F2P player joining in a few weeks otherwise you’d be better playing yourself. lol)

Yeah, I’ll start as F2P in a few weeks. Don’t know if I’ll stick to the Founder’s server after the game was released on my country though.

Found this video with info on Flanconnade, but it old, from November. Don’t know if it’s effect was changed, sure the description did.

1 Like

Does anyone knows how much Lunge raises Slash damage ?

I found this video recently, in the begining he uses Flanconnade:

You can see that when he uses the skill, it produces a quick buff, I don’t know what it does exactly.

Supposedly it blocks an attack whenever you use it.

Although it’s kind of meh if it doesn’t work on magic.

Hey Raiden, does Slithering really give magic immunity? I did a little research and I found none. Or is it included on some changes lately? Please reply. Thanks

It’s not in the skill description or attributes, and is still currently in the game. As far as I know at least. (Only Rank 10 Rodelero ATM.)

There’s a video on this page: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3umde4/and_for_my_next_magic_trick/

It would also seem status effects still apply, as they were still getting frozen, despite it saying the attacks missed.

Last skill simulator you gave was 21 days ago. Is it still your choice or do you have some changes? Im planning to follow your build

Anyways, with the skill simulator you gave, what are your thoughts on going Full CON build?

and what is your recommended stat distribtuon for your build?

That’s the build I’m doing, hasn’t changed other than I’m thinking about taking Templar at Rank 7 so I can make a guild.

If your planning to take a full CON build, then I’d change the Esquive Toucher for Sept Etoiles since the only reason to take it is for the Evasion Boost. (Lunge is fine 'cause extra slash damage) Other than that it should be good.

Also, I really don’t recommend full CON. There’s basically no reason, you’ll have a ton of HP even with 1/2/3 STR/CON/DEX. Maybe try 1:2 STR/CON at least?

Further more I’m not really sure how well the DEX is working for me, I don’t crit much but I dodge a lot. It could change if I get some green gems/Crit rate gear, but for now I’m not sure how I feel about it.

1 Like

I made the same mistake in iCBT2. Rodelero is NOT a tank class, but a single target focused one, with a lot of status effects to inflict on the enemy. The only tanky side to it is that you can get the attribute to block if you haven’t gotten peltasta somehow.

It’s quite PvP oriented. Thing is, it’s got heavy competition in the form of Cataphract, which does PvE and PvP better than it, so that’s why you see so little of them.

Rodelero is definitely a tank class, and none of it’s attacks hit only one enemy.

They have Montano and Shield Shoving which help with mage enemies, along with slithering. (Shield bash may also be good but I haven’t gotten there yet)

They’re basically your anti-mage as a tank.

EDIT: Montano has a really screwed up hitbox and usually will only hit two enemies instead of 3, so maybe that’s what you meant by “single target focused”