Tree of Savior Forum

The Ultimate Shield

Thoughts/Advice

:3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OydCKdKlbM

I too will go rodelero 3 :smiley:

4 Likes

So, you’re going to kill people with Aias?

Sounds like the Trojan War all over again…

I thought about doing something like this… upon reconsideration I decided not to, for a few reasons.

When you think about what you actually get for taking these classes to circle 3 you actually get very little…
For Peltasta the only thing you’d get that’s even slightly useful is more swash buckling.
Rodelero 3 is good, but the problem with taking it, is that Fencer is available and if you’re taking C3 you’re basically just getting DPS so Fencer seems a better option.

As for your skill points, I’d recommend only one point in Gaurdian/Highguard as you won’t gain much by leveling them.
Langort (The new skill) sounds pretty awesome but then you think about it and realize that for it to give silence it has to block an attack… the problem with that is you can’t block magic.

Go for more Swashbuckling, in my build I took it to level 10.

Shield Push and Shield Charge, both are kind of bad save your points for Shield Shoving or maxing targe smash.

If your really set on Rodelero 3 then going with only one point in Shooting Star is probably best. (It hits 4 times but it’s still not really worth leveling)

You only need one point in slithering for dodging magic, as the duration does not increase with skill level.

Now that I’m done, I would just like to say a few things…
I’m not an expert I’m just telling you some things I’ve learned while creating my own build.
If the things people are suggesting to you don’t seem like fun (I.E. taking Fencer) you CAN completely ignore them. I certainly wouldn’t mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s what I’m planning on doing:

1 Like

I got to play as peltasta in the last icbt, and hey,
you will deal no considerable damage around ranking 3 with him.

His skills are no match to other classes’ of the same rank, the only useful and unique thing about him for higher levels are Swash Buckling and Shield Guard.
I did not try rodolero, but his skills c3 compared to a c1 rank7 are really weak.
Tanks are necessary, yes, but i would say adding mobility with hoplite>cataphract is a better play for it.

If you take things like Hoplite and Cataphract, you lose survivability from things like Rodelero’s complete magic immunity, and Fencer’s +dodge rate skills/Flannconade/Preparation.

Not to say you shouldn’t do it, just that it’s not a definitively better option.

Which are rodolero’s magic immunity related skills?

About survivability for a hop>cata, Shield Guard really helps, for a tank.
For a peltasta/any shield to go for fencer, i think the stats would be a little incompatible, since block is CON and dodge is DEX, but its not inviable.

Slithering give magic immunity for 10 seconds.

Full CON is a ridiculous build, I see no reason for it.
Personally I’ll be taking 3/3/1 CON/DEX/STR
Since Guardian give 18% and then there’s the 10% per skill level on Esquive Toucher and Lunge. As well as giving you Crit Rate.

Also Peltasta gets Shield Guard so I’m unsure what you meant by:

Oh, that’s a really useful buff.

Yeah. Full con is only for party support or pvp based.

Oh, i meant a peltasta>hoplite>cata. I guess a shield holder still needs hoplite’s 1H spear to go for cataphract.

1 Like

It’s not really a buff, it requires you to channel it and afterwards it does a slash attack.
Either way it’s still good. :slight_smile:

This is the best tanker in the game right now (your build).

2 Likes

The Ultimate Shield…
I like shield too.

I think i just make thoughts and advice so it more fit this topic.

NOTE:
You will be hard time solo boss and most of the time you need grind at open map so you can keep up the level and this gonna be HARDCORE.

1st you need High Guard+MAX Umbo Blow combo because you can almost one shot any plate mob that lower then lv 150 , and MAX both attack Attribute!!!

Here are those mob you gonna grind forever.

Easy killing at low level.

Easy killing at low level ver 2.

If you lucky may get this scroll

( may need a friend…)

Will be fine if got Umbo Thrust and most of the time you solo 3 or 4 of it.

Level 130 gonna be hard park because you need join dungeon.

Really easy if got High Guard+Umbo Blow combo with high Attribute.

Above is base on my ICBT 2 experience,you can solo all of those in group with over kill .
grind on those if you waiting for friend and got plenty of time.

Better get dex 1st because survive longer meaning better grind .
1:1 con/dex or 2:1 con/dex better choose a block tank build by my view because you don’t have Fencer.

This just my suggestion and you need try it by yourself.

Your build looks really good! For the stat ratios, would 1/2 CON/DEX be viable? Putting more points into dex allows you to dodge more and squeeze out a bit more crits to make up for the lack of strength. For harder hitting mobs I was thinking could use high guard and the fencer skills to get me by.

I can’t really say much on stat builds, I’ve tried looking around, and even made a topic about it…
After that, I decided to go my own way a bit and plan on doing 3/3/1 CON/DEX/STR, though having played iCBT2 it’s possible you could use yellow gems to make up for your lack of STR, if you’re set on it.

I would say 3 DEX, 2 CON and 1 STR should do fine… you don’t need high STR for this build anyway. Fencer relies on DEX. And CON will help your tankiness.

Does that 1 point of strength make a difference though? Wouldn’t it be better to just funnel that into dex/con instead?

Well, you need some STR for damage, right? Or you won’t be able to damage at all with your skills or simple autoattack.

I mean, this build indicates a hybrid tank. He shouldn’t just use Swash and stay in the corner, while his party clears all the mobs.

Oh, I say that because I’ve heard of people advocating a full dex build and they showcase pretty decent damage as well. Going by that logic I thought that if you skew your stats a bit more towards dex the increase in crit/accuracy/dodge should lead to a better quality of life.

Sorry if i sound a bit insistent on my point, just trying to clarify everything to make sure I get the right info. Wouldn’t want to screw over my char lol.

DEX falls off on high levels because mobs have a very good crit resistance. And Evasion doesn’t help against magic still.

But Fencer relies on it because of it’s skills, so with at least 1 STR it should be good.

Here - http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4185&l=7991

1 Like

Ah ok. Thanks for the information. I wasn’t fortunate enough to get into the beta so I’ll go with the advice of someone more experienced :laughing: