Tree of Savior Forum

The Ultimate Shield

Going to Rodelero 3 might be good, it’s basically what I’m doing except instead of Templar you’d be getting that extra Peltasta circle.

Rodelero just got a buff in kToS, that decreased cooldowns and added more damage on some skills, along with changing Shooting Star to Strike type. I’m hoping it’s not too far into the feature of IToS, since that’s a huge boost. (High kick and Slithering both increase strike damage to work well with it.)

Fencer may be overrated… it also might not be. There’s not really any good way to try out classes so I’m unsure on whether or not it’s good. Also there’s even less point if you’re taking no DEX.

There’s not much point in only one rank of Rodelero, though I suppose Montano and Shield Shoving work a little as anti-magic. (Except on bosses.)

Corsair isn’t going to add much unless your PvPing. (Iron Hook)

i c.

i dont have a lot choice if i want a viable build !

and no i have no Dex so guess i will go rodelero C2 (hoping the buff >.> very soon)

i m going 1/3 STR/CON

what is the build to take for rodelero ?

What you you mean the build for Rodelero?

You would be taking Peltasta 3 - Rodelero 3… Assuming you followed my suggestion.

was speaking about rodelero skill sorry.

what skill is good to take ?

i m already pelat C3 job 15

Targe Smash is your DPS ranks 1 and 2, you’ll want max level of it.

Montano and Shield Shoving will serve as anti-mage so at least one point in these. (I’m putting 8 points in Montano and only one in Shield Shoving.)

1 point in slithering, no reason to get more.

Max Shooting Star and High kick, when shooting star gets buffed it will gain a lot from those levels.

You have a bit of a choice for the rest of your points. Shield Bash vs Shield Shoving… I’m not sure which is better, technically Shield Bash should give better DPS. The thing is I don’t know how fast you can cast Shield Bash, or how well it’s hitbox is.
(I calculated the difference with KToS buffed skill damage)

Also note that the damage is assuming you have 0 crit and the attack hits on all of them. If the monster has a lot of Block and Evasion then Shield Shoving would probably be better because it has a lower cooldown meaning more hits.

So it will look like this if Shield Bash is good:

If it’s bad then 1 point into it for the debuff and the rest into Shield Shoving.

I was trying out something really silly for the past 3 days by making a full support tank.

My idea is : Sword > Pelt > Hop > Rod > Squire > Squire / Pelt > Temp

Currently lvl 80 with 43 Str 46 Con 30 Int 28 Dex ( spear gives 10 dex making it 28 )

Maxed out all the shield related passive attributes on the Pelt tree.

Tried some friendly duels and i’m blocking like a boss and i regen faster than what they can hit me for.

Downside of this build : Equip loses dura at a faster rate. Can’t deal decent damage during PVE. Main role is to provide support and tank not doing damage though.

Pelt : Swashbuckle. Bread and butter for tanks
Hop : Able to use spears to deal better dmg to bosses
Rod : Shield shove and Montano as cc on bosses
Squire : Arrest as cc. Repair and Armor maintain
(Squire 2) : Base camp and table. Paired with repair and A.Maintain to not having the need to return town often.
(Pelt 2) : More mobs taunted ( lvl 5 taunts 12 ), better guardian.
Temp : Guild making

Centurion is kinda vague since I can’t be sure which class rank it falls into. Rank 7 or Hidden or Rank 8? If it falls under Rank 7, then I might ditch Temp to get Cent.

If you wana see the block rates during duels feel free to pm me on the asia server. Lodge name : Fluffkin

thx a lot Mister !!

that a big help !

They don’t work on bosses.

Can you repair your own gear as a squire?
The one Hoplite rank seems kind of silly, are you really getting anything out of it?
Squire and Rodelero won’t help at all with block rates, if you want more blocks then do Hoplite 2. Finestra will have 100% up-time and it increases block further, according to tosbase.

The one Hop rank actually enables the use of spears that deals good dmg on medium and huge mobs.Well its just some personal love for spear shield rather than the sword shield.

As squires, we cant repair our own but it helps the team and after they’re done, I return myself to repair mine. Support, get it? And since montaro and shove doesnt work on bosses, i guess the only wrong step was to change to a rod last night. Also ACCORDING to tosbase, squire’s arrest works on bosses, gives the team time to regroup if situation gets messed up.

Its really all support with 0 selfish thoughts here. Only issue I have here is finding a party lol

I’m sure you know we can press C to block as Pelts. If the block fails, we get a 50% damage reduction from guard defense. They’re all under Pelt’s attribute skills and as shield bearers its really as must to max all 3.

Finestra works fine too to be honest, I had considered quite a bit whether to Rank up Hop further for it but dropping that idea for Squire’s support skill set.

Just to clarify, that attribute increases physical defense by 50%.
It does not give 50% damage reduction.

Other than that, I’d think something like Peltasta2-Hoplite2-Squire2 would work better, but it seems a bit late for that if you’ve already got Rodelero.

Braum is that u??

/20lolis

1 Like

Yea its too late already, after I’ve heard you say it doesn’t work on bosses, I was like GGWP time to remake

1 Like

So im swords>pelsta>pelsta about to get ether rod or holpie at the end i would be getti g templar but as far i am in C4 about to choose what would you prefer i like the op tank so far with 70 com and the rest on dex for the avoid but i got no dmg haha i been folloing this topic what wpuld you suggest? Does swords>pelsta>pelsta>holpi>rod looks good to you? Or would i bee wasting 1 rank?

I think you should go Rodelero C2 at least, for the magic immune buff.

As lalakoboldslayer1 said there’s not alot of point in being only rank one in Rodelero, or Hoplite for that matter.
So, pick one or the other, just know that mages will hurt a lot and you will likely have to jump around to avoid them.

Then rolo anyways ill be making a dragon after my templar thx for the info theres not much around cya in Klaipedia if anyone is in there :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t Shield Push worthwhile for its Defense Reduction? Or is it matter of looking at it at a Flat Rate vs. % Reduction? Was hoping to get some insight on that?

I’m thinking of going this Route, given that they are saying its particularly challenging to level a Peltasta to 3rd Circle.

Would appreciate it also if I can see your spread for Pelt C3.

Thanks! :cookie:

Well for Shield Push, it’s damage is very low it has no extra AoE ratio and it gives a flat reduction… So yeah, in general it’s just a bad skill. Also consider if you’re going Peltasta 3 you’d get Umbo Thrust making it completely pointless. (Or any armor break for that matter, would make it useless.) And if you’re wondering about the Unbalanced status that’s just a fancy name they gave it’s armor reduction.

If I went Peltasta 3 then I’d probably do something like this:

You could also take 2 points out of Rim Blow and add them to Swashbuckling or something since Rim Blow is awful.

If you’re wondering, Rim Blow has only +1 AoE Ratio and the fact that it knocks the enemies away seems more annoying than useful. (You would be taking it just to use with Highguard on enemies that can’t be knocked back for a little extra DPS)

1 Like

Thanks. I will be Circle 2 soon. Everyone is saying its the hardest part of the journey. Wish me luck! Cheers! :cookie:

1 Like