Tree of Savior Forum

The TRUTH about ADDONS and IMC / TREE OF SAVIOR (A verdade sobre ADDONS a IMC e Tree of Savior) EDITED READ THE EDIT NOTE/Editado, ler a nota de edição

Hello there,

The staff seems to be pretty contradictory about their ideas, first they said: “However, some Add-on like “Exp Viewer” is considerable” and then: "As we mentioned on your previous ticket, the only addons that considerable in the game is “EXP Viewer”.

So, which one is it?

1. Addons LIKE “EXP Viewer” are allowed
    or
  2. EXP Viewer is the ONLY one allowed.

If the right answer is the first choice, is “Excrulon addons” okay to use?

It contains:
channelsurfer, contextmenuadditions, expcardcalculator, expviewer, guildmates, hidemaxedattributes, mapfogviewer, monsterframes, monstertracker and showinvestedstatpoints.

Thank you very much.

4 Likes

I can see that contradiction 2, but anyway, i’d love an official answer on the forums after I posted this. I had my official answer on my support ticket, so im fine, im worried about the others, specially some friends of mine.

i see that you didnt include questionable add-ons that come together with the package in your list. Thats very… convenient.

is LKchat, cwCleric and sweetFX aloud?

LKchat auto block and report bots

sweetFX is a graphic boosters

cwCleric is a reminder for subskills like heal damage on and when i join pt it will tell me

If u hv any doubt i suggest u to open a ticket.

then why do thay aloue them to be posted on forums?

Relax, thousands of people using those addons, nobody will be banned for it. Just like in any other MMORPG.

3 Likes

well thats good and all but iv spent a pretty penny on this account so far i dont want it to get banned

Most companies do not like to take an official stance on things like this. Because while it’s helpful to the community at the present time, later if the creator of the add on(s) added something that wouldn’t be good for the game (such as a botting program) they can be like nope, ban. To be honest it never makes the companies look good not taking a detailed stance (saying it’s fine unless the programs were changed), but, this is how it goes because of legalities I assume. It’s just easier on the company, but that means as players, you are using them at your own risk.

I trust the guy who made the EXP viewer and other add ons, especially since it’s just so widely well known and in use. Same with LK chat. I wouldn’t use anything else that springs up for a good while until it becomes known as the two above are, and staff at least gives… half a thought on it.

1 Like

As I said, i just came to tell the community the response I had for this question. I dont mind what people are using or not, i believe i can have fun playing the game the way it was developed using nothing else.

@nizidr Because I don’t use it, I don’t really like the quest one, in my opinion it’s game changing enough to get banned and it takes out the fun in exploring the map to find the hidden NPCs.

1 Like

in that case im deleting all tree files and reinstalling i dont wanna get banned :smiley:

1 Like

Thats not the only one. There is another that is zoom-hack in a nutshell…
Has @Excrulon become corrupted and joined dark side? No one knows.

1 Like

@nizidr Oh yea that one, I don’t even know what that does, probably an ultra zoom out.

Since i dont use, im sure im fine, but u can see how toxic this need for cheating is (and yeah, since they say its not allowed, its cheating).

Someone look for their response about the issue, opens a ticket, see TONS of people shouting in game that they are allowed, tell them IMC replied on a ticket saying they AREN’T, come here, write this topic, print screen the ticket and still there are people saying “Nah, nothing will happen”, “Dont mind using it, many other MMOs have it.” “if they ban people for doing that they will ban half of the servers.”

Lol. Do as u please. I like my whiskey neat.

I kinda stoped caring about addons, because, lets be realistic, IMC don’t give a sh*t to what the players are using or doing, as long as they are stupid enough to throw money at this pre-alpha game, unless you are a bot, then you can be used as a “glorified” exemple that the automatic “BAN-HAMMER” (No one takes a look at the accusations, is insta-ban, probably just a small line of code) is doing something and cheat the players in believing that they care…

Use your addons, NOTHING will happen to you… believe me, if it would, 80% of their playerbase would have been banned by now.

Can you even consider an add-on intrusive if the only advantage you gain is insight? I think not.

Until they decide to clearly elaborate on their stance in a way that reaches the eyes of all players, Banning players for 3rd party software that displays data without intrusively manipulating it will only create more problems for them. They still might, it just wouldn’t make much sense.

OP describes addons as if they’re literally hacks.

OP attempts to convince everybody that Addons are not legal.

Good job.

Noone is trying to convince anybody, IMC already gave its statement about it :stuck_out_tongue:
Good job with your text interpretation.