Tree of Savior Forum

The TRUTH about ADDONS and IMC / TREE OF SAVIOR (A verdade sobre ADDONS a IMC e Tree of Savior) EDITED READ THE EDIT NOTE/Editado, ler a nota de edição

As the title says and since many people were asking me about that im posting a new topic to let people know that addons ARE NOT ALLOWED (only the EXP VIEWER)
Aos BRs q não sabem ler inglês traduzam o ticket no google translator.

TICKET ABAIXO!

Still about Addons policy
Sent : 17/05/2016 17:45:22 Replied : 19/05/2016 19:11:00
Game Server : [SA] Silute

Team Name : Galileade

Character Name : Galileade

Steam Account : Dharnagon

input date : 2016-05-17

input hour : 17

Hello. I Asked you about addon policy on a previous ticket. As you can see, the response I had was that addons are not allowed, but some are “considerable”, like the EXP viewer.
I’ll go straight to the point. I have friends who use some addons, so i’d like to have a straight answer if they are allowed or not, or at least “considerable”. Please, if you, guys, can specify which ones are allowed or considerable (and even let me know what “considerable” means to you) i’d really appreciate.

-Addons that show areas of the map not explored yet.

-Addons that show information about the monster being killed (race, type, size, exp).

-Addons that show in map hidden quests and put flags above NPCs heads.

-Addons that show how many monsters of one kind are supposed to be killed in order to get its killing achievment.

For reference ill paste here my previous ticket with you answer as well about the same issue:

Game Server : [SA] Silute

Team Name : Galileade

Character Name : Galileade

Steam Account : Dharnagon

input date : 2016-05-16

input hour : 21

Hello, I’d like to know about your addon’s policy for the game Tree of Savior.
I’ve seen people using tons of addons while i myself use none. I believe i’ll be left behind if I dont use them since they are allowed, so I want to know from you if addons are allowed by IMC.
And if so, which ones? Thanks!

Greetings Savior,

Thank you for contacting us!

We would like to inform you that Add-on that modifies any game-play feature is considered as third party program and using third party programs are not allowed in the game. However, some Add-on like “Exp Viewer” is considerable.

As a reminder, we highly advise you to stay away from using third party programs like “VPNs”, “macros”, and “WTFast” to prevent possible suspension on your account.

Should you have any further concerns, please do contact us again.

Regards,

Tree of Savior Support Team

Greetings Savior!

Thank you for contacting us again.

As we mentioned on your previous ticket, the only addons that considerable in the game is “EXP viewer” .

We highly advise you to stay away from using third party programs like addons you mentioned in your ticket to prevent possible suspensions on your account.

Should you have any further concerns, please do contact us again

Regards,
Tree of Savior Support Team

EDIT NOTE: /

I am not here to provide lies or misunderstanding, so I am editing the topic post and pasting this here.
IMC finally spoke about addons on their most recent WEEKLY Q&A:

"5. Could you let us know which add-ons are allowed and which aren’t?
We have no plans on restricting add-ons that conveniently display information which can be obtained from external communities or between users.
However, we are sternly against add-ons that allow abnormal gameplay such as being able to use NPC stores on a field or an auto-play program. Those are prohibited and its user is liable to be banned. "

I’m still not sure if the 100% Map Explore is allowed, but anyways, seems some of you were right, their Customer Support seems far from being reliable.

2 Likes

Dude you apparently can’t understand english…

3 Likes

How so?
The part where they say “Add-on that modifies any game-play feature is considered as third party program and using third party programs are not allowed in the game.”

How should I understand that?

"ANY GAME-PLAY FEATURE"
100% Map Exploring
Mobs Counter
Hidden quests
And so on.

I receive nothing by telling that to the community. All I want is to prevent people from being banned. I was surprised myself when I found out that even WTFast is considered a 3rd Party software, anyway. Gl using whatever u want.

1 Like

Hello there,

The staff seems to be pretty contradictory about their ideas, first they said: “However, some Add-on like “Exp Viewer” is considerable” and then: "As we mentioned on your previous ticket, the only addons that considerable in the game is “EXP Viewer”.

So, which one is it?

1. Addons LIKE “EXP Viewer” are allowed
    or
  2. EXP Viewer is the ONLY one allowed.

If the right answer is the first choice, is “Excrulon addons” okay to use?

It contains:
channelsurfer, contextmenuadditions, expcardcalculator, expviewer, guildmates, hidemaxedattributes, mapfogviewer, monsterframes, monstertracker and showinvestedstatpoints.

Thank you very much.

4 Likes

I can see that contradiction 2, but anyway, i’d love an official answer on the forums after I posted this. I had my official answer on my support ticket, so im fine, im worried about the others, specially some friends of mine.

i see that you didnt include questionable add-ons that come together with the package in your list. Thats very… convenient.

is LKchat, cwCleric and sweetFX aloud?

LKchat auto block and report bots

sweetFX is a graphic boosters

cwCleric is a reminder for subskills like heal damage on and when i join pt it will tell me

If u hv any doubt i suggest u to open a ticket.

then why do thay aloue them to be posted on forums?

Relax, thousands of people using those addons, nobody will be banned for it. Just like in any other MMORPG.

3 Likes

well thats good and all but iv spent a pretty penny on this account so far i dont want it to get banned

Most companies do not like to take an official stance on things like this. Because while it’s helpful to the community at the present time, later if the creator of the add on(s) added something that wouldn’t be good for the game (such as a botting program) they can be like nope, ban. To be honest it never makes the companies look good not taking a detailed stance (saying it’s fine unless the programs were changed), but, this is how it goes because of legalities I assume. It’s just easier on the company, but that means as players, you are using them at your own risk.

I trust the guy who made the EXP viewer and other add ons, especially since it’s just so widely well known and in use. Same with LK chat. I wouldn’t use anything else that springs up for a good while until it becomes known as the two above are, and staff at least gives… half a thought on it.

1 Like

As I said, i just came to tell the community the response I had for this question. I dont mind what people are using or not, i believe i can have fun playing the game the way it was developed using nothing else.

@nizidr Because I don’t use it, I don’t really like the quest one, in my opinion it’s game changing enough to get banned and it takes out the fun in exploring the map to find the hidden NPCs.

1 Like

in that case im deleting all tree files and reinstalling i dont wanna get banned :smiley:

1 Like

Thats not the only one. There is another that is zoom-hack in a nutshell…
Has @Excrulon become corrupted and joined dark side? No one knows.

1 Like

@nizidr Oh yea that one, I don’t even know what that does, probably an ultra zoom out.

Since i dont use, im sure im fine, but u can see how toxic this need for cheating is (and yeah, since they say its not allowed, its cheating).

Someone look for their response about the issue, opens a ticket, see TONS of people shouting in game that they are allowed, tell them IMC replied on a ticket saying they AREN’T, come here, write this topic, print screen the ticket and still there are people saying “Nah, nothing will happen”, “Dont mind using it, many other MMOs have it.” “if they ban people for doing that they will ban half of the servers.”

Lol. Do as u please. I like my whiskey neat.