Tree of Savior Forum

The TRUTH about ADDONS and IMC / TREE OF SAVIOR (A verdade sobre ADDONS a IMC e Tree of Savior) EDITED READ THE EDIT NOTE/Editado, ler a nota de edição

I kinda stoped caring about addons, because, lets be realistic, IMC don’t give a sh*t to what the players are using or doing, as long as they are stupid enough to throw money at this pre-alpha game, unless you are a bot, then you can be used as a “glorified” exemple that the automatic “BAN-HAMMER” (No one takes a look at the accusations, is insta-ban, probably just a small line of code) is doing something and cheat the players in believing that they care…

Use your addons, NOTHING will happen to you… believe me, if it would, 80% of their playerbase would have been banned by now.

Can you even consider an add-on intrusive if the only advantage you gain is insight? I think not.

Until they decide to clearly elaborate on their stance in a way that reaches the eyes of all players, Banning players for 3rd party software that displays data without intrusively manipulating it will only create more problems for them. They still might, it just wouldn’t make much sense.

OP describes addons as if they’re literally hacks.

OP attempts to convince everybody that Addons are not legal.

Good job.

Noone is trying to convince anybody, IMC already gave its statement about it :stuck_out_tongue:
Good job with your text interpretation.

1: Doesn’t reveal the map at all, only highlights which part of the map hasn’t been explored yet, making it easier to achieve 100% completion.
2: I’m pretty sure that info is available ingame already. Not 100% sure however.
3: Does not show hidden quests. Only shows which quests are available to you and not completed yet, nothing you can’t figure out without just talking to NPCs as you progress.
4. Information already available in your journal.

I wouldn’t mind using these addons but contradictory replies from IMC like these are terrible for answers they need an answer for each addon we have out there. Or make a better reply than just “Add-on that modifies any gameplay” I mean cryptic much…? But if they say exp viewer is fine then it find I wouldn’t mind a standalone updated version of this to DL than to DL Excrulon’s All in one which is kinda lame since that’s all he updates now…

I know what it makes, i dont care if u use, do as you please, i dont care, but u cant say IMC said its an allowed feature.

As long as they don’t make an announcement about it, we won’t be getting vac banned and there won’t be any wave bans either.

There’s far too many people using addons, with good reason. They can’t afford the bad rep they’d be getting out of banning a couple thousand people.

Additionally, customer support usually don’t interact much with the developers. They’re the last place you should be asking for official statements.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It’s actually pretty risky to use addons. They use Lua-Scripts, because that’s how game working, but 99% scripts don’t have server checks, so you can ask server anything you want and he happily answer, that’s the reason why bots so smart (they can see target, heal tiles, own and nearby players hp, distant attacks, etc) Only few things have checks, like buffs, some class skills, quests. They added them after cbt, when cheaters could use any class skills on any charactes, teleport, etc. That’s also the reason we now have freezes when use buffs or try do quest, it cheking on server side, which is netcoded too weak for such amount of packages check and so it put them in quee which ended with delay of time out, but auto-attacks as you can see is just ping. If implement checks everywhere it instantly kill all bots and most of addons, left them only with macroses due steam VAC, but freeze will be 5+ second for any action. Steam VAC don’t see this, it see only programms from side that connect with game, but bot and addons written on Lua-scripts, on game engine in other words. So to put it simple Addons, bots, cheaters abuse that game don’t have server side checks and if actually implemeting them or look into them they are the same and rule violating which will lead to ban. Now imc have other problems, but when population drop and they can implement checks without killing servers, 90% of addons stop working at once in best situation, in worst - system just auto-ban everyone using them.

They won’t allow things that change the gameplay. Like automated actions, macro or fake ips like vpn.

To bring jornal’s information to main screen shouldn’t be a problem.

The default map already shows the uncovered area, the addons just change the color and the shape.

They just cannot ban 50% of player base if they dont have a clear statement about the use of addons.
I honestly see nothing wrong with the currently features addons have.

Did anyone get ban by using them right now? if not, i dont think IMC is suddenly starts to ban people with no official thread or so.

“They do not have a clear statement”

LOL.
Go to
Support > Open a Ticket > Ask about addons like I did.
That will give you clear statement. If u dont like the statement you can say its not clear, thats different.

Talking with customer support isn’t the same as talking with the developers.
Customer support is in no position to make official statements about the game, or talk on the behalf of the developers.

Beside, addons are probably the least of IMCs worries right now, considering they seem really busy, doing whatever it is they’re doing.

You should come to the dark side, we have cookies.

1 Like

People need to stop cry about addons, nothing intrusiv in any addon actually. Só there is no point to argue.
All games have addons, and that actually make the game more enjoyable. If you dont like them, dont use them.

Man if anyone is scared about using addos then dont almost all mmorpg i played have addos(if not all) and i have never seem bans about it. iTos is suffering from playerbase decrease, bots and spammers, you really think they will bans thousands of people for using addos? Something they have not made public that it is prohibited. Personally i dont use 100% map viewer because it takes away the fun of exploring a map but nobody will get banned for addos and if it happen it would create chaos.

2 Likes

Im using lkchat and the one that lets you see the sidequests, seriously addons like this are in other MMORPGs and are supported i dont know why they just dont give a ■■■■■■■ official statement that says what addons are permited or what are not.

1 Like

OP is stupid let him be, he can barely understand what they are saying, Go use Addons they are perfectly legal.