Tree of Savior Forum

The Snowdance Bot Predicament and IMC's Selective Banning

Disclaimer: Now before anyone burns me for posting this on the general discussion and not on the Bot Report section I will say it upfront that this is not a Bot Report. I just want to show how IMC takes action, or the lack of it, towards a specific botter that caught my attention.

We have seen IMC’s impressive list of daily bot and gold seller bans. But looking at those list closely, you can see that the names are obviously bots. Take “bjsadfncxjd7**” for example, there’s a very high chance that that character is a bot but take “Snowdance” as an example and you’ll doubt if it is really a bot.

Now who is Snowdance?

######base screenshot from @triangleface report

Snowdance is a high level Chaplain from the Klaipeda server that has been reported multiple times by various people. Search Snowdance on the forum search and you’ll get multiple hits from various people. The oldest bot report was 28 days old when Snowdance was still lvl 172.

It has even been noticed by @GM_Francis and promised to take necessary measures against the user.

But why is Snowdance still dancing on silver snow and is now lvl 240+? Was IMC just doing lip service on forum reports and then ignoring them? Do they really care?
######Is Hauberk still alive?

Why am I singling out Snowdance among the multitude of bots? Because I think that this case is one of those extremes and it would serve as a good example to show IMC’s lack of action towards these kinds of bots. Imagine that if a 28-day old bot report still has no action, what will new reports even do? They will just pile up and be ignored.

p.s. I’m not even on Klaipeda so I don’t hold any personal grudge to the “real” player behind Snowdance.

Reports on Snowdance:
28D 4 Bots - Klaipeda (GM_Francis replied to this thread)
26D Bot report [klaipeda] (no reply from staff/GM)
2D Klapedia/Snowdance-BOT (no reply from staff/GM)
1D Klapedia Vedas Plateua Over-run (no reply from staff/GM)
1D Klapedia lv200+ Bot Army (no reply from staff/GM)
9H IMC Staff PLEASE BAN THESE 240+ BOTS (no reply from staff/GM)

Individuals who stated they already reported Snowdance:
@triangleface
@jcavffxiv
@furura
@buttes
@VnZzz

9 Likes

…The picture made me giggle. :tongue:

I’d love it if Snowdance would waltz on the forums and be like “S’up?” Perhaps there’s a reason Snowdance hasn’t been banned, but… I’m gonna trust that most people can identify a real bot.

thanks, i too found it funny that she posed just right for the meme

Might be the same as the Lv215 ‘Graph’ Bot I found in a 200+ map. Was doing Quests and came by him making suspicious movement patterns, so I stopped and followed him around. Stole his Heal tiles and he made no reaction like I didn’t even exist, so I sent him a PM, KS’d his mobs, lured extra mobs ontop of him while he fought, and tried talking to him in normal chat infront of him and he ignored all of it.

Finally decided he was a bot and reported him, with all of it recorded, and then gawking at him having Petamion and Venom equipped. Was then going to upload the proof here on the forums, until he PM’d me about 5-10 mins later with just a question mark and stood next to me. Told him about me catching him botting, then decided to ‘test’ something. Instead of reporting him here on the forums too, I decided to see if he’d still be unbanned 2 weeks later, since his character is controlled by botting and legitimate play. This way, I can tell if IMC will pass the player in the report if the player switches between botting and regular play during the day of the report.

Could be what’s going on here.

orrrrrrrrrrr

and call me crazy here (i’m sure you will)

maaaaayyyybbbbbbeeeee… Snowdance isn’t a bot?

“ignoring other players” is not a bannable offense. nothing anywhere says she -must- reply to you when you ask if she’s a bot. maybe she doesn’t speak english or something and doesn’t understand what you are saying to her. or maybe she just doesn’t want to talk to you. or maybe she has the chat bubbles turned off and the chat window closed and doesn’t even see you talking to her.

maybe GM Francis -did- look into it, exactly as he said he would, and discovered that she isn’t a bot.

2 Likes

fair argument, that could also be the case, i won’t call you crazy :sunglasses:

orrrrrrrrrrr

she could be both

switching from botting and actually playing

in which case she should still be banned

but based on the reports of repetitive actions and obvious bot behavior, i would think that she is indeed a bot

i feel disappointed now.

there’s a very good chance that actual players who bot from time to time and actually play when not botting gets through their screening, if that is the case then they should rethink their filters

i’ll make a mental note that @tzxazrael gets pleased when people call him crazy, haha

Plot twist: Snowdance is GM

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

1 Like

Tired of reporting bots that don’t get banned.
Even if you record the movement pattern, and show the low Index points, 40k+ kills on the same mob, and the only one title “Hunter”. IMC don’t give a ■■■■. RII is a lie.

You’re right. Snowdance probably isn’t a bot… a FRACTION of his character’s play time.

Most of these high level botters with real team names bot but also play the game normally a fraction of the time.

I’ve found some bots who follow the EXACT same pathing in certain popular 200+ grind areas for hours. My main is a QS3 but they try to chase mobs that I’m in the process of obliterating. A real cleric player would realize they cannot hope to chase after and out-KS a QS3 in these farm zones.

But then a few hours later, I see them re-log and then start talking on shout chat and responding to my PMs despite not responding to anything earlier.

IMC’s little machine learning bot catching system won’t work that well on these players because they are real players and do not bot 24/7.

1 Like

so IMC talking about RII and Bot Classifier…

meanwhile

and every high level chaplain bots running around loaded with silver

2 time personal check, once at point x, the other at point x + 12 hours, once in a while a normal person would sleep.

I have noticed bots have learned to jump. Cast an icewall with an opening around them and they will NOT go outside if on the opposite is a pretty common target to find ^^

Same 2-3 bots lvl 175+ in demon prison F2 playing as cleric/priest/chaplain I have reported them for over a month now and nothing has been done. So i gave up and whats sad is people now know IMC dont ban obvious bots so more players will just bot oh well with the bugs and now the prices of TP this game will fail.

Counter-bots that drop anvils near bots when?

This could lead to bots ignoring anvils altogether, Im pretty sure they can somehow identify their target, either reading name, id, bytecode, whatsoever.
Just by now an anvil is not much of a hinderance.