Tree of Savior Forum

The new meta (rumors)

i thought this game is casual…

2 Likes

I still don’t know what’s so hardcore about ToS, unless you’re talking about a hardcore time investment.
Seriously, people should get out of this mentality. You don’t wanna a reset? What about not using one?

7 Likes

elememe>locks still do a lot of AoE dmg (and can solo too)
and fletchers still do a lot of single target dmg.

wiz3>link3>feather2 is probably the AoE king right now, being able link 10 monsters and hit 70k+ each with blood curse, they probably can solo any pack of melee mob (also have levitate to be imune to melee)

Anyone like me that likes to reroll characters? Its always exciting to play a new character

Rerolling is only fun when you roll some odd rainbow build and have friend to play with and not caring about meta and efficiency, but the game punishes players early on due to that cut-in bug and high difficulty spike for rainbow build end game.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Because that would go way beyond the realm of quality of gaming experience to P2W, effectively making the whole game an waste of time(pretty much like having to make another character for a small build error)

But what am I expecting from someone who uses that argument.

Seriously, 2 things to say here: At the moment, ToS has almost nothing that qualifies as hardcore. It’s simply a competition to see who has more free time. Given infinite free time, every player will be able to do almost everything in the game(Maybe not ET, but that’s another history)

And For Gods Sake, casual players are not a problem. Players who are against an improvement without using arguments nor reason besides “because I don’t wanna” are the problem.

4 Likes

Sanctioned cock fights between guilds… I… sorta like that, online gambling as some sort of gold sink works well, and since more players/admins will be watching over those competing, those guilds can’t have any sort of stain on their names.

2 Likes

In reality, no. Usain Bolt is the fastest man alive because he has really long legs, supported by a running style that focuses on Step distance and long term acceleration.

In game terms, he would be what you call a pro player. He has a unique build especially suited to his playstyle, plus, Player Skill. Just so you know, people who get the Olympic-level use ALL their time training. They’re all equals when it comes to that. But still, that ain’t my ponint.

There’s literally no reason a reset would hurt the game. NO REASON. Several games have resets. They neither broke because of it, nor people stopped making alts, and I never heard about someone who go around resetting his build all the time.

People are not asking for a potion that max your character out, people are not asking for 3 times the exp rates. People are asking for a reset because not everyone has the time to reroll characters. They have like one or two characters. But they can’t change their builds because some players don’t want them to. What kind of logic is that?

Also, making several characters don’t make you hardcore. Completing raids, beating unique bosses, doing the work of four people alone maybe makes you a hardcore player. Monster hunter is the kind of game that has Hardcore players. ToS won’t allow so much.

3 Likes

1 Like

effectively making the whole game an waste of time(pretty much like having to make another character for a small build error)

If you think the whole game is waste of time for having small build error, are you not having fun playing?

No, but I think having to go through 280 lvls again, without a single diference in gameplay, because I want to change maybe a skill or two in my build is a waste of time.

Don’t get me wrong, I liked playing the game. I made collections and raised atributes and so. But let’s say I discover I put too little or too much points in, dunno, cross guard skill, and I could better allocate them.
Should I make another character, raise atributes, grind for equips,all that again? Please do consider some people have about 2 or 3 hours of free time a day, and that when they do have time.

1 Like

1 Like

This game needs class balance, especially on damage oriented class. But not a class reset.

1 Like

Wizards need wiz3 and linker 2/3 to do competitive damage

if there are no buffs to dps wizard its time to quit lol . whoever suggests ’ reroll ’ you are literally stupid .

that being said i dont mind getting another character to 280 but because of the attribute mechanic it makes reroll extremely stupid .

2 Likes

1 Like

Actually, it is not the anti-reset players “don’t wanna” change, it is more of a the game concept and design itself want the player to roll more characters. Don’t you see, this game (ToS) itself in essence, wants players to create more characters, you can see by the number of things which is implemented.

• Slot expansion increase to 30
  • Ability to buy different lodges for teams
  • A unique team name (like a family name) with characters each having their own name
  • Team level with bonus exp% that increases with more characters and levels
  • Shared companions within teams
  • Crafting characters able to open shop and log to another character.
  • Ability to buy from own team’s shop
  • Ability to use own team’s squire basecamp even when using another character

You see, many things in game promotes the concept of a multi-character account as oppose to a single character account. What does a class reset potion do? It allows the player to reset his classes and hence lower the tendency of that player rolling another character.

So why would IMC shoot its own foot, go against its own design and concept to implement a class reset? It is more of a retrogression rather than aiding the game.

However, I do agree that IMC need to do more to encourage players to roll more characters. Going through the quests for the 7th time for me feels kind of bland.

7 Likes

Yeah. Gotta be NPC’s slave bitch for dem exp cards yo. Picking flowers, picking up rocks, milking cow udders, milking hairy daddies, etc. TOO MUCH WORK FOR DEM EXP CARDZ!!!