Tree of Savior Forum

The new meta (rumors)

I have no proofs about it, its just based on the things i’ve read here and reddit

• Dragonn C2 is the new king of WB
  • Fencer C3 also is really good at WB
  • SR3 its the new aoe king
  • Inquistor can insta kill wizards.
  • Sage was, for some hours, broken with some immunity skill (but was hot nerfed)
  • It seems Ele Warlocks and Fletchers were throught to the gargabe (i can’t hide my happiness)
  • C1 R8 archer classes aren’t such good as people expected

Please, post here any new information you hear about the new meta!

2 Likes

Wonder how many will reroll and how many will quit instead. In this case, even a circle reset wouldn’t save most since it still wouldn’t let an archer or a wizard reroll to a cleric or a swordsman (…swordsman!!!)

7 Likes

I won’t be surprised if people will ask for class reset scrolls even stronger now.

no one in sane mind will reroll their main characters they put so much time, money and effort in and start from scratch -_- not to mention some event items and other stuff that can’t be transferred via account storage or isn’t share on whole account (titles, achievements, map discovery, etc).

or just like you said people and specially veteran players will just quit if they didn’t done it already.

I just got sick tired of ToS… I have no motivation to play any of my chars since they have no future with rank8 classes and the only way to fix them is whole character class reset and remake them into cookie cuter/meta 2.0 builds. I just log in, do event and log out

8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

so RIP 70% of actually player population (don’t count bots).

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

First i was hyped by the fact we see a lot of new builds which give some class variety to the game, but then, as you guys says, many of the old meta players maybe quit, dropping the populate (even more). Altought, the majority of them are rich and could easy roll.

1 Like

I seldom follow meta builds, I’m happy playing my lolpyro, for now.

it’s a rank 6 skill dude

1 Like

No matter how strong and rich a meta build you are before R8, when rerolling for the new meta, being a rich in-game non-botter won’t save you from the tedium of picking flowers for npcs again

12 Likes

No love for taoist ?

my exact thought.

taoist lightning dmg boost is pretty crazy.

taoist + enchanter would probably make multi hit party go berserk.

only thing is, i read taoist super expensive to run.

Wizards being screwed by their strongest skill being purposefully weaker due to being R6 (assumedly) really showcases the flaws of tos’s class rank system where current rank options are apparently balanced to be superior to options available at prior ranks. If your build (or in the case of wizards and archers, the entire wiz and archer tree) doesn’t end in a strong R8 class, you’re screwed.

4 Likes

You’are right bro

I currently have an c2diev3druid1 sitting on my lodge, what do you think ? PD>Inquistor for the rest of ranks could work ? since the damage output will only be from my rank 8 anyway and i can use the statues to solo support, safety zone for block and PD to screw pvp metagame, only downside would be druid but even this i can use with the attribute from blunt weapons doing extra damage on plant enemies (since druid can transform any ground enemy on plant), telepath is ok i think when Inquisitor come out i can reset my stats to DEX/CON variant and laught at my enemies face

If this is true then this might be a new meta for Taoist.

This is what I am going for with miko r6 in mind but at rank 6 i would go for diev for the 20% CD buff.

What do you think?
For now i don’t know nothing about miko…

Current meta is a bunch of multi-hit on the ground.
C8 meta is a inflated % steroid stacking.

It’s amazing how the game has less and less viable options every new patch.

3 Likes

tell this to all shinobi (hoplite/corsair or barb/corsair) or corsair3 players… Rank8 classes don’t have any syenergy with those classes (one is tank based and other 2h spear with mount)… and without Rank8 class shinobi&corsairs are ■■■■■■ up hard

those players are now FORCED to delete their characters and make new META/COOKIE COOTER builds: fencer3, doppel3, dragon2 or builds focused on either murmilo or lancer…

1 Like

I actually had corsairs in mind when I said if “your build” doesn’t end in a strong r8, you’re screwed. It even got that slime avatar guy SlyGoat to want to quit and he’s one of the game’s stauncher defenders

Just to repeat cause I like talking to myself, this REALLY showcases the inherent flaws of TOS’s rank-based skill system of having latter ranks stronger than prior ranks. If your build doesn’t or can’t synergize with the highest rank, you’re SOL

inb4
after people created their new meta character for R8
the new R9 will come back with a big middle finger
"reroll again guys"

this post reminds me of those guy who previously said in forum
"just reroll if your build is wrong, u fking losers. we dont need a reset scroll"

oh really? oh well…

1 Like