Tree of Savior Forum

The Journey of my Chaplain Build Path

I am not a chaplain yet, I go for pardoner 2 first after p3. But yeah aspersion should increase, but without aspergillum you aren’t really casting it.

You know, going by the idea that chaplain benefits greatly from damage which applies to all the extra hits, i am wondering whether it might be smarter to take blessing higher to a certain degree than aspersion.

Blessing will apply to all 4 hits ( or however many).

The damage increase from aspersion per rank is not actually very high, most of the damage will come from int or spirit.

Yes that is correct you would rather go blessing/sacrament than asperion for lvl 15.

My setup would be 15 bless, 10 sacra, 5 stone, 1 mass heal, 1 revive, 1 ress, 1 monstrance rest aspersion.

only one mass heal, hm.

My build currently is almost identical yet I always read how 10 mass heal is the only way to get mass heal at all.

I prefer revive, but you need to explain it to people. I currently have it on 10, but my char is a pardoner so that will fly away again.

Mass heal for 1 point is still 10% flat, while revive allows you to be invul for 10s. If the party actually uses that instead of running around headless it is a lot, 50% + 10s.

1 Like

Currently feeling happy about the discussion. I do agree that Int is great in leveling towards chaplain and setting it up to have Aspergillum doing damage later on and also still having spr and con to be viable in all aspects of the game. That korean allocation, 4:2:1 int spr con sounds good though if it does sounds like a gimp to int, I feel like 8:3:2 would be a bit better (than when you double that korean build to 8:4:2 :sweat_smile:)

It’s interesting how aspersion from being on high level as suggested before becomes low level because of its scaling and useability as a spell and when attaining Chaplain circle becomes more of a party buff than anything at all. Now those points go towards blessing and sacrament. I do wonder as I level how to bump up those two and if ever those two would have a great impact in leveling and useability late game before all has been said here. Well, here are my thoughts in the allocation between Aspersion, Blessing, Sacrament, Revive & Mass Heal.

• Aspersion (5+) - As you all discussed recently, its use decreases and will only be for Aspergillum. I read that the scaling of Aspergillum damage in relation to Aspersion levels is not that noticeable. The 28% (or more) in defense sounds good on paper, but yeah, damage mitigation, invulnerability, dodge and of course tons of damage can make this buff seem irrelevant.
  • Blessing (13+) - With 8+ Sacrament, the additional damage is around 100. great on paper too but all for testing. It does add to Cafrisun right?
  • Sacrament (8+) - 7mins (or more) buff duration, more holy dmg, more additional damage. Hope it does have some scaling with stats too (in the future…)
  • Revive (3+) - This depends on how much you rely on the skill. Right timing I think will make a Revive 3 good enough since I read in PvP that the invulnerability there is only 3 seconds max. This is if planning around the skill simulator to be like an all-rounder in all aspects of the game.
  • Mass Heal (6+) - I think this is good enough because at 20% MHP minimum heal with scaling is enough for people to be reactive enough to re-position themselves and be on their feet longer. Maybe even have time to set up Safety Zone or recast Revive.
  • With the said skills at their minimum ranges & having Monstrance 1, Stone Skin 5, Resurrection 2, I was left with 2 spare skill points. This can go either on Blessing, Sacrament, Revive or other depending on which one feels comfortable in putting those.

Even with my explanation, all is still in theorycraft. I just changed the current build I have with this one to show my thoughts and to see whether it is just as acceptable as my current build (and I didn’t put the last 2 spare skill points yet in this.)

Fimbo the point is to add to each damage line whatever you can. You take weapons with property attack, arde dagger etc. Whatever you can so it adds up into something huge, yet you start your built by decreasing from that very pool.

Blessing adds to sacrament line, cafrisun line, aspergillum and autoattack itself. Just like sacrament etc etc etc.

So do you mean Blessing (or what skill/s are you meaning to say?) in the current build in OP or the one I recently replied with as having decreased potential in dealing damage?

If so, you’re suggesting of maxing out blessing & sacrament instead?

Yes max out blessing and sacrament. You can technically take points from stoneskin since yours will be pretty weak anyway without spirit.

I do believe that’s what the madman is suggesting.

Anyway, enough with the theory crafting:

Aspersion (1+): Defense was rubbish in icbt2, has some use for aspergillum since it adds +294 holy dmg at lvl 15 and is affected by the enhance attribute.

Monstrance (0-5): Skill level scales tiles and cast animation, buff stays the same. For most that means lvl 1 is sufficient for the dex boost. Spr debuffers will want 3-5 points to get enough tiles. Can also skip it entirely.

Blessing (5-10): Majority of the damage comes from the attribute, not skill levels. But you do want a good amount of hits to ensure even high speed atk builds can use it.

Resurrection (2-5): You’ll want it at lvl 2 for the revive attribute, select builds can use this skill with more ease and should consider maxing it for the 2s cast time.

Sacrament (1?): Last rites scaling still needs testing, either way it’s mostly for the extra hit. Pardoners sell maxed sacraments anyway, and it’s horrible dmg for skill based builds.

Mass Heal (10): After the healing nerf you need this maxed, and even then it’s not as good as cleric2 in terms of healing.

Exorcise (0): Unreliable, single target magic based dmg. Only worth it for select builds who know what they’re doing.

Stone Skin (1/5): Spr builds get enough block scaling to do well with just 1 point in it. Other builds should max it for the quite decent skill level scaling.

As for Blessing vs Aspersion in a chaplain scenario:

Blessing is bonus dmg, so it’s not affected by enhance attributes.
And like i said, get at least skill level 5 to ensure decent hits. Which leaves 10 points for a additional +39 dmg.

That is affected by every hit though, and last rites/sacrament/aspergillum ensures you hit 4 times per attack. Which turns it into 156 dmg for you alone.

10 levels of aspersion add (308-98 =) 210 dmg, factor in the enhance. = 420. And it’s holy dmg, so it’ll do double dmg quite often.

Blessing only wins out on auto atk heavy teams, otherwise putting points into aspersion is just the safer option.

Ow and just to confirm, Neither blessing nor sacrament scale with stats.

Blessing is bonus dmg, which is neither physical nor magical.
Sacrament is added +elemental holy dmg and second hit effects have their own dmg formula’s that ignore stats entirely.

2 Likes

I think that resurrection will be prove valuable at higher lvls so I actually want to max it. Same for revive. The buffs do give some nice extra dmg (that may or may not scale well) but I am lvling up their attributes anyway.
Still dunno about int and spr, kinda doing 2:1:1 now but still not sure
Also , I took Krivis not Cleric2 and I don’t regret it so far

? why? It’s free 500 block

The power of a high spirited stoneskin comes from the power and reliability of deflection.

There is a difference in how you can use a skill if you know it delivers the job or it “might” deliver the job.

A high spirited one might mean that 1% of the attacks get through so even on half life you could just stand in everything and keep dpsing.

With a half-assed stoneskin where 40% of the hits or something like that get through you still have to run in that situation netting you nothing since if you run it won’t work anymore anyway since nothing will really hit you while running.

For practical examples on world bosses:

If I press stoneskin and put a weak safety net barrier on top of the party we can dps straight 35s without any interruption, before it fades out revive will go up holding long enough for pretty much anyone until the next stoneskin is up.

With the half-assed one people are still getting chunked left and right by worldboss HP and will retreat to heal up.

@Wurmheart

To keep blessing that low is simply bad you are saying it yourself without noticing. You have 4 lines per second each taking a blessing counter. If you hit 2 mobs for 10 seconds at roughly 1 attack per second you are already down 80 attacks. That is half of what a full bless gives you at maxed attributes and 15/15. Unless I count wrong and a full 4 attack line just consumes one.

2 Likes

Blessing’s hit count is weird like that, it doesn’t count all the hits it is applied on.

I just know i never ran out with a blessing past lvl 5, that was with sacrament and cafrisun armor set for 3 hits per auto attacks. Never even took the attribute as we didn’t have high atk speed builds back then.

Where exactly is the Last Rites -Sacrament test thread located if there is one ?

All I could find were fragmented reports, of which some state that 10 sacrament + last rites added around 40% extra damage to aspergillum hits.

Oh and Wurm, while you are here :

I would like to know the average health pool around level 260 - 280 if you could share some info.

I am attempting to determine how much of an impact a high intelligence build would have on the cleric heals come late- game.
This is in order to achieve a better understanding of the trade offs between high spirit and high int builds.

isn’t the current cap at lvl250?

This is the closest we got to last rites tests:
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/chaplain-last-rites-and-aspergillium-tests

Health pool wise, from no con to highest i’ve seen:

• Archers: 11k seems to be the minimal, rarely see them with con though. Should have the same max as wizards though.
  • Wizards: 11k-42k same as above, but more wizards tend to invest in con, but usually around 16k ish. Thaum’s can well beyond 50k with full int > transpose.
  • Clerics: 16k-50k range. Only seen full con in pvp, but still. around 20k is average.
  • Swordsmen: 20k-100k, huge health range for obvious reasons. They get tons of base health and health boosts from their classes.

And some et vids for reference: https://youtu.be/TIhgcZgH704 || https://youtu.be/J-vPnW12Veo || https://youtu.be/nRpeT9q9wZ0

@andy_aao: it’s 280.

1 Like

thanks for the update, dunno from where I got the impression that the cap is 250 currently.
Also good insights. At least I claimed my stat and skill reset on cleric so even if I go wrong with the allocation there is still that option after I get to the lvl cap.

Do we know if cleric C3 Heal 15 brings another 5 extra tiles for healing ?

Considering the option of going C3 cleric after chaplain instead of PlagueDoc.