Tree of Savior Forum

The Journey of my Chaplain Build Path

Hi cal, thanks for taking the time to reply my question , in this case since we will be putting int stats then why not swop cleric 2 for krivis1?

Cleric1>priest3>Kriv1>PD

Will this lead to being a unstable healer?
I’ve seen a video for INT chap kriv1 looks pretty impressive for solo

Hey Felandra,

You can absolutely do that.

The main reason for taking krivis is Daino in order to increase max buff slots for your party. You will also be able to buy daino scrolls.

Cleric circle 2 doubles your healing and greatly increases the use of safety zone, both are considered very desirable. especially later on in earth tower where damage is rampant.

Personally, I will rather buy daino scrolls and maybe pick up krivis when we have more ranks available.

Lastly: yes the int will synergize well with krivis damage skills such as zaibas.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to reply the questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

happy to help buddy :slight_smile:

If you are on Femidian feel free to add me under ‘‘Quyn’’

Cal, Sadly im on Kapcrashy server :frowning: wont be able to whsiper you more questions.

per chance do you have any links on how full SPR affects buffs and comparison to Heals in gains with INT chaplains? or perhaps can start a discussion on this?

Specific Stat scaling for all skills : http://pastebin.com/1wF5DUNz
Do remember that all heals also scale with int.

Concerning how much spirit affects Stone Skin :

That is mostly down to testing. I did talk to somebody who played a 250 chaplain in beta who also tried this with free respecs.

The damage difference between int and spirit build was large.

The Stone Skin difference was noticeable but not by itself a justification of forgoing the advantages of intellect.

Many koreans seem to advocate a split between int and spirit currently in a ratio of 4:2:1 int:spr:con.

There isn’t much more to go by other than trusting in other people’s opinions. I’d encourage anyone to gather information, understand the workings and form their own opinions and decisions.

Obviously I do not find the advantages of high spirit builds convincing enough and am also not willing to turn my chaplain into half the dps or less for the sake of offering a slightly better stone skin to people. Especially not in this specific game, where at times you might want/ need to solo and where extra dps is also wanted by groups.

That’s all I have, lastly I can link you this Int chaplain video :

And not least somebody who plays high level Chaplain on Korean server on Twitch, he also gives advice to viewers :

https://www.twitch.tv/ livelinessg1 (forums breaks the code, so remove the spacing)

Pop him a follow to catch his attention, he will appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you though for putting in what the “popular” opinion is from koreans, i believe many players are like me who went a combo or pure SPR build :slight_smile: this is good for the cleric community :slight_smile:

Will go ask the twitch person :slight_smile:
Thats the video i was referring to!! the int chaplain i saw :slight_smile: (with Kriv1)

If you plan to go PVP then Spirit has more uses as well, obviously stone skin is there and is the big example. I would recommend pvp builds take 1 circle in Krivis for Daino since scrolls won’t work in pvp. That gives you Zalciai which scales off spirit.

Getting a higher level Monstrance in pvp will be useful as well. The debuff scales off spirit and reduces Evasion. Having a ‘monstrance mine field’ with higher levels in the skill and also the random nature in which they spawn is good to have.

For PVE, spirit boosts defense reduction per stack for deprotect zone, which helps for bosses.

Looks boring.

/20char

Oi!
Shaddap and go play some CommanderLoadFail.

Chaplains are precious.

Personally I started to go for SPR primarily. Would have put everything into it, if I could redo it again, but I am sitting now at 100 int and 15XSPR.

Stoneskin is simply broken, with a 150 spirit stonewall I could run around lvl 258 zones and block tons of hits to finish my exploration as a lvl 130.

There is something different it brings though, a blocked hit will not CC you. So if you are fighting CCing mobs (e.g. world bosses) a single non-block can send you flying or set you up to die. With 158x spirit I still have gaps here and there, but not many in e.g. demon prison. However if a low spirit priest presses stoneskin it is like night and day.

My stoneskin basically makes the party immune to physical damage for 35 seconds out of 60. When we think about one of the bigger weaknesses of the chaplain then to me it would be mobs that CC you often. I personally don’t run around with c2, but once I start being CCed it is annoying as hell and my dps plummets because of it.

Not every mob sends you flying so I think saying int does a lot more damage than pure spirit should be taken into consideration with a grain of salt.

Yes rank increases int by 10% per, but currently we are looking at ~500 int so the most more per hit you get (and in reality that is just on aspergillum) is 350.

To give a little damage example with arde for me and no chaplain yet:

170 per damage line for blessing, 80 per sacrament

3 Lines => Autoattack, Cafrisun, Sacrament

My physical autoattack hits for 1 since I didn’t find a mainhand worthy enough to rightclick + 170 + 80 + 153 for arde dagger, cafrisun lane is largely the same as is the sacrament lane.

So if I were to conjure an aspergillum lane being high int would still only add 350 damage to that - with max level int right now. Yes per hit, yes aoe, but that is the damage increase you are mostly looking at. You aren’t throwing your heals around later for damage.

1 Like

I have been told several times by players who played 200+ before, that int scales all magic damage.

Logically, sacrament and blessing should be included in that.

That is not the case you say ?

1 Like

Currently my biggest issue is finding actual numbers and testing results on last rites scaling affected by sacrament level.

There are some interesting and relevant Chaplain discussions happening here : Chaplain Discussion

I’d also like to know.
I was planing to go spr con, now after reading the forums I started putting points in int.
I’m a bit confused with my build and in the end I’ll just go 1:1:1 which I don’t think it’s optimal but I have no clue with spr or int is better at this point

Dont think its optimal, u need to decide SPR focus or INT focus … cause if your int, then wont u need slightly better ratio then 1:1:1 due to 10% rank increase?

the poignant question boils down to the actual endgame damage difference between full int and full spr on chaplain.

Like I mentioned, more testing is required to come to a real consensus.

For now, I am going ahead as planned and holding on to my stat reset to a lter point in time when more information can be compiled.

Blessing did not gain a single damage past the 170 mark, with maxed attribute and rank 15. Which is exactly what the tooltip states it does. According to you it should do at LEAST 270 for me since I have 100 int. It doesn’t though.

The highest I have ever seen was 170 so far.

Sacrament doesn’t really look like it would scale at all aswell. I mean the buff is an effect, the effect is + 40 holy damage, it isn’t 40 + int or magic attack and +40 damage. This might scale, but I doubt it very much. To be honest my damage never changed after I added cafrisun 10 sacrament and 15 blessing with the attributes maxed for my autoattacks.

1 Like

good info, thank you.

that said, your damage should still increase from spirit increase due to aspersion scaling.

Meanwhile, I attempted to calculate the +heal gains on Cleric Heal from going 500 int compared to full spirit.

After running the formula on Tosbase for heal, I came up with the following results (math is not my forte) :

Assuming 15.000 HP on target

Formula for level 10 heal HP recovery :
(( 50 +(107 + INT)) x 1.5) x1.1) + 5% Target max HP (750 in this case).

With 10 INT the heal will recover around 1010 HP per tile

With 500 INT the heal will recover around 1850 HP per tile

500 INT is alot and I am uncertain whether 15k hp is the average for high level HP pools.

Please do correct me if you see errors.

Probably Felandra but there might be an argument to be made for splitting due to + heal on cleric heal from INT only. Especially if you go Cleric C2.