Tree of Savior Forum

The game is DYING!

Maybe if we put ToS in ratemyserver people will think it’s a ro private server and jump in.

3 Likes

idk what imc thinks, but they should open tbl all day, give a reward like salus, some bless shard so people actually play it for something.
make Gemstone playable on other schedule too, more uphill runs…
they should invest in content people actually play besides new raids. i don’t wanna spend a single sierra powder to make more raid stones, i’m actually starving on sierra powder and raid stones to play the game and there is nothing to do because my chars are all 420.

1 Like

It’s a domino effect.

The game itself is doomed to die. This ichor unequip system, while very convenient, also means people realistically only need one set of ichors for one set of playstyle. This means at some point, with the low player count left, the economy is doomed to stop unless we get new people in the game.

AKA If i had PATK chars I only need to farm one set of ignas stuff and share through team storage/unequip the ichors if i plan to upgrade.
There’s no more incentive to do more Ignas runs for me, or even Skia since they take up the same armor slots.

Now stretch that to the 250-350 people still playing in each server (1k players /region)
People can simply unequip their fixed ignas stuff from older 2017-2018 gear, that means even less people need to farm the Ignas/Skia raid for ichors. PLUS on top of that, even more people who quit will be selling/giving away their ichors.

At some point, everyone is gonna get fixed ichors, and the recipes/gear from the raids do not sell anymore . Which in turn kills circulation of silver/recipes/raid stones the longer it goes on. People won’t do raids as much anymore since they already have what they need. (You can already see this in game. People would only AFK instead of do raids because they already have what they need).

Only few ppl doing new uphill content, why downgrade if u have Drakonas
Skia stuff is mediocre compared to ignas(Which most people already farmed from older content)
The Misrus stuff hasn’t even come yet and its only beneficial for some classes. Its not content for everyone.

Unless we get new players, the demand on any new content is gonna dry up.

EDIT: Someone actually pointed out, the 2-3 month gap between iToS and kToS is actually killing iToS.

Before Legend Skia even came here, the mechanics have already been figured out. Theres no more trial and error or creativity. You can simply look up ktos youtubers and copy what they did.

So instead of the new content being wow new content lets try to figure out what to do, it becomes how much can I copy the ktos build. Theres barely any thinking or flexibility going on anymore. Aka even tho its new content, you’ve already been prepared 2-3 months in advance from youtube, so when the patch actually does come out you’re already burnt out within the first week. Its no longer new content, its 2-3 month old content you’ve already seen in videos.

6 Likes

me with 2 friends are already quit TOS 2 weeks ago, to much reasons we can complaining.
i dont know what we will comeback or not, but for now a lot of cool mobile mmorpg launch and better than TOS.
some reasons:

1. FPS drop at the Town and for some reason in ch with no players in Fishing Area even walking around we got FPS drop to this so fvck!ng stuupid
  2. class combination its not like them says in 1st, let the player build what they want and still have weapon lock.
  3. fishing have limit, make it not fun more
  4. weapon and armor enchanting to much, like: ichor random, ichor fixed, enchant jewel, enchant stone, trans and bla bla.
  5. with no token, we cant do anything the fiture is sucks.

for now i just see how tos progress day by day, what this game will dead or still alive with dying condition.
sry if my english bad.

1 Like

This. We already know what we will face with the new patches. It’s not fun.

5 Likes

Thats on you baby if you want to be a copycat, you can play the game whatever the way you want and still be able to do stuff

2 Likes

Welcome to the game, it’s always been that way. The game only caters a few classes per content because it is ± impossible to make content that takes into consideration 80 classes and their gameplay/mechanics.

The worst thing is that this whole game is basically just a DPS check in every shape & form, regardless of what people say.
± everything is timed (some content gives you 60 minutes to clear, while others only allow you to take 10-15 minutes) and only stupid mechanics prevent you from soloing everything if you are alone (with some build able to circumvent these things due to skills/game style, e.g. the prison on skiaclipse raid).

To be fair, it would be nice if one class tree has it easier to do x while another one benefits from doing y instead, but IMC sadly doesn’t balance this way (e.g. there is no survival content that rewards survival over DPS) and rather likes to give some trees a high advantage on contents (e.g. scout tree, subweapons have higher attack than other one-handed weapons and scout tree has thaumaturge to increase farming proficiency by a lot)
while others wither away (Bernice dungeon could be nice if it had no time limit so you could advance as long as you survive, which would bottleneck the non-clerics out early while clerics would be able to advance 2-3 times as far into the dungeon, but at the current setting it benefits the nukers way more, similarly to how CM stage 6 & 7 are only made for DPS AoE builds).

In my opinion the game mainly dies because everything asks for more damage, so classes with worse weapons and worse SFRs are complete garbage once you reach a certain level of gear.

80+ classes that only require beating a dumb A.I. with high defense & HP simply cannot perform the same, and there is way too much investment involved that makes you realize the game sucks once you see the person with the same investment clearing the same content in 10 seconds that you need 1 minute for, because of all the wayne crap the game throws at you.

I mean it’s nice that you can get extra healing from the cleric cloth arts, but its at the expense of attack from a weapon that already has the lowest attack value in the game.
So,you can heal more damage you don’t receive in the first place because the mobs are too weak in exchange for taking even longer to kill the mobs.

This is a ridiculous outcome. If there is such an attribute that costs so many attribute points and requires a specific set to use, normally you would expect that the sacrifice would make it worth.
In fact it is a trap.
You’ll realize that there are few to no monsters out there that can hurt you with magic and that the extra 1-2k healing are no required anywhere, except maybe PVP content, and they are only required there because IMC actively nerfed your healing while all other defensive skills are untouched, praise their idiocy.

The whole game is a treadmill that leads into an insecure future of “harder”? content,
which is already doomed because the developers want to make the game more casual-friendly while at the same time intensify the grind for gear.
And once they realize that the gear is too good they nerf game mechanics like healing for PVP so people drop dead instead of accommodating damage increase & damage reduction as well as unifying weapon attack values so it becomes easier to balance skills and damage values in PVP.

So on top of incompetence in coding a functional game there comes to incompetence to grasp the whole mechanics and interactions that lead to meta-building and broken combinations/exploitation on content.

Instead of re:building the game several times, they need to realize the fundamental lack of conscious adaptation of ideas into the game. If one thing goes wrong, there is not only one solution, and sometimes one way can help make the game performance increase significantly for everyone instead of just “fixing” what is deemed to be broken.

3 Likes

There is a fking class have 200k hp, 15k atk, at least 90k def each, high resist, high block, max moving speed, can pull a fking shadow pool, yes pull a fking shadow and people still talking about genbu being too tanky.

1 Like

That’s old, but all i have to say is: Get things dona like in Ragnarok. So simple things that make the game a lot better.
1 - Dont build linear maps. Build maze maps, like ragnarok. (you dont need to pass the same spot to reach other areas).
2 - Mobs should spawn all over the map. not onde pre-settle points. They should follow you all around the map. This is a “kill mob game”. Let peaple mob. Old day on ragna every party rely on a mobing tanking to get mobs.
3 - Make regular mobs drop more significant stuff. Theres no reason at wall to stay at regular maps killing mobs. Actually, the CM mechanics, even not being that bad, make regular up/killing outdated. Imo CM should change drastically.
4 - For god sake! Let peaple PVp 24/7. Look, i’m not a PvP player, but there is no reason to hold this on. Let peaple get fun killing each other, and yes, make some reward system for that. Think about “time spend reward”. Everything on the game should igual reward for time spending. If you spend 1 hour doing dungeons, why not get reward to spend 1 hour on PvP?
Imo, TBL and Gtw are not well desinged. Gemstone is really nice and fun. Build some field like that, with rules that change every hour. Like “found the hidden npc first”, “hold more kills for 5 minutes”, “break some object on random spots”, etc. All with player competing and killing each other. Is really simple guys.
5 - Dev. Team. PLS. Stop what you doing. Look the core mechanics. Look the old and new game. Look other MMORPGS games. U can do better. You always messing with classes. Is not that hard make every class in the game good and FUN. You dont need programers to do that. You need players,developers with good experience and good ideias. Peaple who PLAY the game. I’m a game developer for tabletop RPGs. Is so easy do change the classes in game to make they do what they supose to do. As example: why you guys are removing cool mechanics, and singular skills? You already remove rondelero kick, quarrel running and shot, and so on. Now removing krivis double duration, fireball stuff. Man!!! this is not the way!
6 - Ops. I talk to much. Gonna stop here because, you know, i can do this all day.

PS: hire me and i fix this game in 6 months hahaha

3 Likes

the money they will pay you, their maze of prioritization, the human resource and the tasklist in your own backlog wont get you anywhere close to a fix.also the fact they are lacking dev team, the promised core game optimization that we havent get yet but might be there laying but the fact that it cost too much tasklist for dev cause “darn it this isnt some cheap thing” and the fact that the game is still beta.

game is not beta dude, it’s just an excuse for fails.

1 Like

if all people shinny, thats boring, tos want make worthy people special, if all is having good item why we play tos, better play dota or other game like all other is equal

and p2w is for make company running, they need food and good salary right

The problem “play whatever you want and still be able to do stuff” only exists in an ideal world. Whats actually happening in the game is the exact opposite because of how the game is balanced and the mentality of the veterans left playing.

The amount of times I’ve been told to “copy a build from Bong/Ludo in youtube” is absurd. Same goes for my archer friend who quit coz he was being badgered to switch to Falco/Mergen just to do Skiaclipse. There’s also someone in a competing guild that was a BM main who had to beg people to bring him to Legend Crow because people decided he was “Useless” in LegCrow (I’m talking about that famous guy in Gem Feud).

3 Likes

Some constatation over the past couple months:

• a lot of new applications on guild board, 99% of which are low level low team level players – this means the game still attracts a lot of new players
  • activity tracking once max number of guild members is attained shows that these same people roughly play for 2-3 weeks and then never come back – good example is one of recent guild member who joined roughly the 1st of October, reached #1 on Adventure Journal after two weeks then didn’t play since then

This means the game is not “addictive” in the good sense. Are people disappointed by the game? Do they level up too fast with all the early boosters and easy difficulty? I’ve always thought a harder game makes why people stay longer in a game. Currently we have Legend Skiaclipse for high level players, but what is there for early/midgame? Nothing…

1 Like

If the fault falls solely in toxic users, half of the top guilds in the game would die image

I cant speak on things like the majority of you, I have only been playing for a couple of months and have not had to endure 3 years of ongoing issues as most of you have.

However from my perspective the issues from IMC pale in comparison to the issues from the player community itself.

For example the poster that has been flagged several times in this thread constantly spews nonsense in shout and their bestie in that guild is well known for buying 150-200 million silver at a time and nothing is done about it. Everyday on the NA server I see the same guy from another guild just freely dropping the “N” word in shout with no actions taken against him. If I or other new players try to gem feud for our measly 2 B. gems we are spawn camped the entire match by the same handful of internet tough guys, they will be winning the match 80 to 20 and just sit directly on my spawn insta killing me the moment I attempt to move. Everyone with a 500 million golden pig feels the need to buy everything out on the market and re-list it for twice what they paid to further pad the amount of silver they already cant spend in a life time, etc.

I can live with poor game balance and lack of content, outside of square enix and blizzard most companies arent exactly stellar, if you have played any perfect world titles you know what I mean. I just am discouraged by the player base here far more then IMC, I havent felt this turned off since being cannabilized in MS2 by that community.

6 Likes

All valid points my man

im able to do stuff as a sadhu and paladin you are just making excuses for yourself :smiley:

Downloaded last day, now i pressed uninstall button again haha

2 Likes

isnt crevox a sorcerer? he has the vanisher tittle pls keep making excuses for yourself if you suck in this game you ll suck on the next game you go xd as simple as that