Tree of Savior Forum

The game is DYING!

I literally just do my DG runs, saalus and cm’s on all toons and log out myself… This coin event makes slightly more rewarding, but yes honestly what to do with so much coins, make lv10 gems for content you don’t need it for…?

I’m still doing these because it has become a routine for me - a routine that has probably turned into mindless act that I know I should just do.

I’m on that stage myself that if I see another game similar, I’ll just leave… Or better yet a different genre of game

3 Likes

this is all just my opinion, i to hope tos can get a lot of new players.

hhhmm maybe IMC have to apply some new fiture.

1. Farming, Fishing and mine will get some items for make items.
  • like a Potion you need some herbs material, for get the herb you must farmings.
  • or you can farm some vegeteable for make a food or … .
    some herb you can get from defeat monsters and some herb only you can get from farming.
  • and from mine you can get ore material, for crafting or something associated with armor
  • and mine you do it some maps or dungeon like in cave (i forgot the name)
  • Fishing you can make the fishing limit is unlimited and change the item you can get from fishing
    and you can get some material for make a food or potion or anything (like now you can get items and maybe costume headgear)
  1. make the Raid Dungeons can enter with 10-15 players or maybe 10 players is better.
    thats can make fun even raid is rise.

2. for PvP maybe can add some new reward and add new mode like in Lost Ark
    3 vs 3 tag team maybe ( still 1 vs 1, even 3 players in team lose, you all lose).

• im not PvP maniac.
  1. IMC must stop make ■■■■ event AFvKking login.

ya, that

Someone give this guy a beer

1 Like

Already said it a while ago and I gladly say it again.

One of the biggest issue whe nit comes to a new player compared to when you started the game 3 years ago is “the rush”.
No enjoyment to progress through the levels, rarely own thoughts about own fun builds to play around(easier to do than back then btw), barely anything worth to invest time in to farm while low level and so on…
Today when I see a newbie join it’s always the same:
What’s the best build?
How do i level up the fastest?
Where is that NPC or that Menu which usually can be found when you jsut take a few minutes looking /clicking around…
Makes me so sad because without your own mind and your own ideas you lack attachment in anyway so you won’t be able to enjoy the game like (more) player did back in the day.
I also despise all the level boost stuff for newbies and all the things they get thrown in the face. Not because I am jealous or anything but because in the end it takes the enjoyment of the journey away from them and leads to quitting oh so often.

9 Likes

but why do i want to make it every f day if i do not progress anything in game, just to make like 1k sierra a day? thats shitty… i burn more than it like rerolling a primus, the silver is also poor, i barely drop good mats, and i dont need to level any more all my chars are 420.
i’m basically stuck on gemstone hour, boruta and searching for raid/uphill parties.
the arts system and housing won’t help anything more on that schedule.

also sillute is getting dead because legend skiaclipse is too hard for most people to make the content i can’t make a party to go every week, and nobody is rerolling any more so there is no more stuff on the market too and people are totally silver shrink to buy anything you put on market because of the recently events.
I know imc made it to difficult botting and stuff but the game is dying bro, you gotta help people play it not make them stay full AFK to farm popo points because no ■■■■ to do.

when RO private servers have more population =(

4 Likes

lol, sssstttt but actually RO its more fun than TOS.

but for arts of background and characters TOS more look cute.
oh my god this comment xD

i dunno, the only fun i have in RO is going inside the houses and check the interior design owO;;;

something i hope the housing system in ToS can fill in Owo

1 Like

Spot on. I had 1700 hours in the game and reached level 286 when cap was 330 cause I just loved going everywhere, doing every single quest and making other builds.
I was that guy who’d join alemeth grind parties with my doppel when people wanted a pelt taunt and say “I can taunt with warcry”…

I spent so many hours of the game in early levels and I have great memories of it, everytime it gets me nostalgic.
Nowadays new players get T8 +11 free weapons at level 230, x8 exp tomes, or even those wake up pakages.
You can’t expect people to stay in the game if you boost them so fast to the “end game”, but the end game is nothing; you’re literally pushing them towards nothing, so they leave.

There’s 3-4 months gaps between patches and sometimes they’re half assed, like those savinose items we got that we’re double-ichorable, I went on a 3 month break and came back and ONLY THEN the double ichor patch got released. Why?

It reaches peak level when it comes to balance, be it PvE or PvP, you give buffs in premium-pass to some classes making them completely busted and pick or meme, and since we’re the unloved child the cancer you give us stays meta for the 3-4 months until the next patch where you decide to nerf it or give us worse.

To me there’s 3 main points you can work on to tremendously improve not only the game, but iToS:

• You don’t advertise the game (how do new players even find this game?)
  • You don’t ask for precise feedback from us and we have to give it in a ranting manner, I know staff members are here lurking and passing some of our feedback but it feels like it’s tossed somewhere in a corner of Kim’s office and forgotten if it’s not marked “kToS wants zircon in HGs” on the paper.
  • Each monday after 3 months is a day of “is it a patch day or is it a letticia/goddess cube and a skill tooltip fix day”

At one point, it felt like IMC was actually listening to iToS for a short period, and now it feels like we’re back to just being milked and fed some crumbles that kToS gets so we don’t abandon the farm.

It’s still not too late, there’s many things you can do to bump up the daily players you have a dedicated playerbase, we’re all ranting because we all want the game to be what we know it deserves to be, I’ll never say that enough.

/r done

3 Likes

Big thanks for saying those. Game’s dying for real, all IMC doing is patch things up with temporary solutions. Game is going down hill.

Sooner or later IMC will milk the players one last time and will shut down the game. Sadly.

1 Like

As a returning (not exactly returning) player , I would like to share a bit of my experience

around 3 and half years ago, that was when I start my journey. I had so much fun with my character progressing. Quests, leveling, gimmicks, dungeon progressing(no pardoner buff at that time. Blessing was very weak buff for 45 seconds lol)

–reminiscing–
Adventuring as a cleric2, priest 3 so it was a painful journey but what kept me going is almost everytime I had someone I can ask for help.

Then I finally become a chaplain. Smacking monsters with 4 lines by buffing every one minute feels so good (masochist levelling :rofl:)
–end of reminiscing–

*cough so anyways,

This ^ pretty much explains it. I stopped play Tos for almost 1 year ago. Then I play ToS again here and all of those “fun” described by alvein is pretty much the major reason. until I decided to stop playing

As for why I am still here, I love the animations, I love the OSTs, I love the art. To the point I consider get addicted and yet the system killed it.
at least I still wander around the forum so I can see updates. Hopefully it changed to positive direction

I get that the population is low so all those boost are here and there but it just doesn’t work at least for me.

3 Likes

listen here wimbo
if you are casual why bother getting skia set? just use primus legva duh
imma teach you simple thing and im gonna make it to the level of dummy class
first if yore aiming for skia having lv 400 toon(s) is a must,
this festa event gave you t8 gears which should enable you to solo lv 320-420 cm to stg 5 in like 10 minutes which will give you around 700k++ and mats which means around 5 raid stone or even 6 if you can sell the mats
or go get your lazy as* for another one

2 Likes

As much i can tell, what is killing the game is the lack of info about when we get what, its dead patch after dead patch until we reach some point with a boom patch that puts something fresh for us but its like 3 or 4 months on ktos already and some of the things are needed quality of life sometimes.

The most recent example is the arts, housing, new HG and new Field Boss gigantic patch that people are waiting, a lot had hope for it come this week patch(surprise! its not this week) and there is no guarantee that it will be the next one. That’s depressing.:tired:

Another thing thats making people lose faith is how the next SFR “balance” will come to ito. In patches every 2 to 3 months literaly killing the last classes that will get the changes? Of course it will affect mostly PvP and how PvE will look… But yeah, say goodbye for PvP competitive to any class that will not receive the SFR change if it gets here in “parts”.

And as a plus we get exclusive bugs that did not reach ktos… really.
Also i personally don’t see the raid stone costs as a bad thing. Just the drop ratio of recipes that are really low on most of the raids.

1 Like

Back in 2017, I found this game via an ad on YouTube. The ad disappeared after like 3 months and never came back. Currently, I guess the only way to find out about the game is to randomly stumble upon it on Steam and decide to give it a try. I have a friend who does that and regularly buys random games on Steam and I saw him in-game recently. Otherwise I don’t know…

… which is as best ignored or flagged, at worst you get banned from the forums without any means to come back.

…if not blindly robbed. I’m still waiting for my 30TP to open a new char slot, it’s been almost a week now and my bank account has already been debited. It’s a small amount of money, but when you pay for something you want to get what you paid for, otherwise there’s only one word for that: theft.

3 Likes

I don’t know if that’s just me but;

I remember doing the Kruvinas questline, being the baby level 86 barbarian I was.
At the end of the questline, Zaura gets his powers amplified and you fight him and this plays:

I’ll always remember how intense of a fight it was for a boss that had 53 000 HP, took me several minutes.
Nowadays you one shot him with any spell when the music’s barely started, or straight skip the quest due to how fast you level up, where’s the sense of pride and accomplishment, we ask?

9 Likes

there this kinda guy who so jealous cause everyone else plays better. or simply the bias boi who got their build nerfed to oblivion.
if maturity is a requirement in every game, you wont get to play anything

I agree that the game is dying, the MMORPG market is very weak, but at the moment I have no game to play, I always think about coming back with TOS, but the game is dead.

I think it’s easy to save this game, just create a new server from scratch and spend a little money on advertising. Now the TOS is much better compared to bugs, etc … of course it would be necessary to return GVG or more PVP content which from what I saw is very bad. I wanted to play TOS again, after the 2010s it was the only MMORPG I could really play.

2 Likes

Thai ToS shutting down is shocking. They literally received the same events we did not even a month ago. Their server pop seemed pretty healthy too.

They just celebrated the 2nd Anniv. in August

2 Likes

As far as I understood with Google Translate, Nexon will not publish the game anymore because of some discordance with IMC. And the Japanese TOS will be transfered to IMC, isn’t that right? Maybe the problem is with Nexon (they sold lots of games I liked last year… :confused: ) .

Whatever, while the game is here, I’ll be playing… If it closes, I’ll play something else. It’s not like I work at IMC. Then I would be worried… XD

4 Likes

Been any word of IMC publishing the Thai version aswell?
Or opening the JP / International servers up to them?