Tree of Savior Forum

The early access needs an EU server

I don’t care if they put if they put any other server but the american ones, everyone is lagging apart from the ones that are in the US. You don’t need it per se, most people have played MMO’s with ping for the past 10 years, isn’t like you can just host a server in Europe in 7 days. I’m pretty sure they will put a server in Europe at some point, tho, but asking for one if the game releases in the 22nd is kind of asking too much. Right now there’s not enough of a playerbase for them to consider it. If I recall correctly, IMC made a poll midway ICBT2 to know how many players each region had. It was more or less South america > NA > Europe/SEA.
Also, BR’s don’t have their server yet, and knowing the publisher that they hired it’s gonna take quite a while. Maybe no one got interested in publishing ToS in Europe?

#International =/=USA. 'all server in America, smells like racism.
#EuroToS.

give #EuroToS to people :ням:

1 Like

Well, I’d love for all of us to have a server in each region but is not really up to us, if they don’t get enough players or a publisher who’s willing to do so, we just have to wait.
The thing is, I suppose US it’s a middle ground between South America and Europe. Also, steam is American lmao.
Anyway, I hope you get your server tho, doubtful to be on steam but maybe on a publisher? I really hope so.

give #EuroToS to people

2 Likes

You should read my earlier posts if you have trouble understanding what people are requesting. I was in the iCBT2 and the spread was significant enough to merit a EU server. You also have to realize that it was a closed beta with keys given out, meaning an entirely controlled playerbase. There hasn’t even been a single open beta yet to test the waters. IMC had full control over what regions got to play in the CBT.

They added BR servers in iCBT2 in a matter of days. That was almost 5 months ago. I’m sure the time they’ve had they’ve become more prepared for server related concerns, like setting up new ones.

BRs will have their own servers with their own publisher. That’s a promise and it’s more than what the EU is getting. Again, most EU are coming to this website and this forum because it’s called international Tree of Savior. Not American Tree of Savior.

You fail to understand that a EU server on paid release isn’t being unreasonable at all. If they can’t provide us with a local EU server, then at least provide a NA server with (Europe) on it and then later relocate the data to an actual local server.

What’s the point of paying 50$ now for 1 month of early access if later they just add a EU servers and all of my progress and money was for nothing? Or heck, no EU servers at all, ever, and I have to endure a Korean tier ping or leave?

4 Likes

That’s entirely my point, we won’t have servers on early access either, we will have to play on american ones, people will have to wait until June more or less for them, hence my publisher comment. Where are you getting your info that the playerbase is big enough? if you have sources, I’d like to check them out honestly. I never said it was unreasonable, I said it was unlikely. Labeling one server as “EU” even when it’s hosted in NA sounds more likely than to have a local one, at least if the server releases this month, free migrations is quite common in this aspect. I hope if you don’t get a local one at least you get that, honestly, I hope everyone does.

celexample, love u, you destroy him

There’s no point in “destroying” me man, lmao we both want the same.

People will have to wait until June more or less for them

You’re talking about the BR servers, am I right? You’re bringing this up on a EU server thread because of…?

Where are you getting your info that the playerbase is big enough?

From the iCBT2 survey and stats. Say “AAAA”, as I’m going to spoonfeed now.

Geographical breakdown

(activity / user amounts, red means more)

Notice where the reds are mostly located?

Poll results

(simply asking beta participants their location)

Notice these are responses from beta participants. Not everyone took part of this at the end of the beta.

36.4% is BR voters
28.6% is NA voters
19.3% is EU voters
15.8% is SEA voters

EU voters almost 20%, with only 9.3% difference to US. If you combine EU and SEA (other) that’s 35.1% of people not BR or US.

The most important thing is to realize the pie chart was a simple survey, not activity logs. The map tells a bigger picture if you ask me and even if the pie chart is your excuse, 20% is one fifth of the iCBT2 testers being European.

If you read the thread you would’ve seen the link posted, but I had to spoonfeed so there you go.

I said it was unlikely, not unreasonable

No, you said:

but asking for one if the game releases in the 22nd is kind of asking too much

They already mentioned it’s in “internal debate” about more international servers. If anything it’s likely, by IMC standards anyway. I don’t understand though that if you’re from BR or not even from EU or:

I don’t care if they put if they put any other server

Then…?

Source for the geo map and poll: http://www.poll-maker.com/results512059x58d347d1-21#tab-6

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ve been going crazy trying to find those charts. I’ll read in a minute.

1: I’m bringing it up because you are not the one in the same boat here, I know it’s a shitty situation but it’s what we have been given. I hardly think they will provide an EU server in such a short timespan, or at least a local one, a different server hosted in NA and then a migration sounds more likely to happen. Not to mention the fact that SEA has a few publishers.

2: Yes, I notice them, but the fact that IMC has never mentioned anything until now in comparison to the South American community makes me thing that they either, didn’t have the funds to make it happen or the interesting on it. With that amount of players it should happen, at least one hosted in NA for the time being until they find a publisher or have enough breathing room to actually put one on steam.

3: Yes, it’s asking too much to have a local server for the 22nd, I never said anything AFTER the 22nd, not even south america will have one and it’s by quite a large margin the biggest.

4: I simply phrased that wrong, nothing else.

5: Also, if they will really provide a local server for EU in this short timespan (before the 22nd) you can expect the game to be postponed at least 2 weeks. Or at least the EU servers.

I hope that clarifies my point of view.

PS: Interesting fact, most people from Europe are from the uk, didn’t know they loved the game that much, I was betting on Russia lol.

1 Like

This is all we’re asking for if we can’t get an actual EU based server on Early Access.

Otherwise it’s a deal breaker, for me anyway, and seemingly for a lot of others too.

My point being it isn’t unreasonable. It isn’t unfair. I’m not trying to suggest IMC to push back dates for everyone like some are assuming.

Just voicing my request, I mean, if I’m OK with the 1 month pack but not ok with NA based servers due to high pings in an action oriented MMORPG that I’ve waited years for then I’m going to voice my concern.

The NA servers are located in Amazon datacenters. They have servers all around the globe. Some right in Frankfurt Germany and in the UK.

It should be a very simple thing.

Lets just be happy for what we have right now. :slight_smile:
We’ll get more server when funds comes rolling in.

server in Frankfurt is very good :thumbsup:

Did, i ask server close to or in Russia? No, i’m not fckin selfish. i played both icbt with 180-600 ping. So i want atleast ~100-150 stabile ping.

Yeah, I understand your concern entirely, I myself stopped playing some MMO’s because low ping makes a world of a difference.
In fact, if the BR servers ever release it will be my first MMO below 180ping. So yes, I understand how it could be a dealbreaker for people who are used to having below 100 ping.

I think the most healthy decision for them to do would be label the different servers as “Europe/SEA/SA” and whenever the local servers hit (If ever) give all the players on those servers free migrations at least once.

I really can’t give my opinion on the amazon topic because it might be harder than it looks, altho it might not aswell.

Sorry if I sounded snarky or anything, I’m pretty bad at explaining myself sometimes.

#EUROTOS

We all need this!

No, you didn’t, but it has become common practice for companies to release games with just NA datacenters. It should change? yeah, of course it should. Hence why I said that I found it unlikely to happen short term. I guess Germany is the middle ground for every european, correct?

Vote for EU Server for all europe players.

why not? because the alternative is not so much