Tree of Savior Forum

The early access needs an EU server

The thing about transfers is that it’s not something they have ever shown to be an implemented feature.

People are assuming it is, but if we look back at iCBT2 when the BR server was made there were 0 transfers.

They had to simply start all over again on Saule, and you can guess how badly that went over.

Transfers are just another black hole of uncertainty for the NA server. Say they get opened and some US / SEA / BR that are on the NA server also jump boat to the fresh new EU server with free transfers because they just simply want another fresh start or a fresh new server to establish guilds / domination etc. a number of reasons.

It could mean an even bigger divide than if we initially just had an EU and NA servers.

That was one of the reasons why I decided not to buy the founder’s pack when it got released, the lack of information was pretty big.

Well, that might be true for NA players since the delay to Germany isn’t “that” noticeable, but I can guarantee you that most br players wouldn’t play in European servers whatsoever, mostly all south americans are pretty bitchy when it comes to ping. To put it in perspective to you, they complain when they have 30 ping. And ping to Germany would be above the 200’s.

All in all, I hope they announce something whenever the release date is set in stone so everyone at least gets to decide what to do before buying it. Although I suppose most people wouldn’t even bother buying it without proper confirmation.

Also, thanks for the civil debate.

Altho I agree that a EU server would be nice, where are people getting those ping numbers from? Because west europe to east coast is a difference of 20ms~ to 100~120, not 200-250ms.
If you live in eastern or southeastern europe yeah, i can see it reaching 200-250. But then you wouldnt get 20ms from an EU server either, it would be more like 100-120ms in the first place. xD

@celexample

Your charts only show 2 red dots, leading me to believe the data they are based on is a bit skewed. Especially since they cover a lot of ocean xD

200ms in Washington, need a US West Coast server as well…

Red dots are just hot zones. That’s the entire world map. There’s even some green and yellow down at Australia.

where are people getting those ping numbers from?

http://www.cloudping.info/

and

http://cloudharmony.com/speedtest-latency-for-aws:ec2-us-east-12.7k

In game your ping will be slightly higher since you’ll be doing more than just pinging the servers with small packets.

But then you wouldnt get 20ms from an EU server either, it would be more like 100-120ms xD xD xD xD

No. It wouldn’t be 100~120ms. Where are you getting your numbers from? It also wouldn’t be 20ms unless the server is right next to you.

I usually have 40-60ms in EU, but had around 150-200ms during iCBT2, 200-250 in crowded map. It isn’t that bad, the game is still playable, but you will feel the lag. I am in France btw.

Honestly, the lag is tolerable enough to start on NA server, but I will be reassured to get some info about transfert/migration in case IMC can’t open an EU server in time for founders.

Yeah, my pings were even higher than yours in iCBT2 and I have a 100mb net and also live in EU.

My main concern is that high ping breaks some of the game mechanics. Like dodging boss attacks, doing well in PvP and even auto attacks won’t register properly meaning skills like Deeds of Valor (Doppel C1/C2) that gives 50%~100% attack speed won’t work as most of your hits won’t register.

If you ever did jumping and hitting and noticing damage numbers pop up after you landed, then you were affected by high ping. Some attacks from monsters can be dodged by jumping, but not if your ping is too high.

I can’t imagine how bad it would be for a high attack speed archers.

If you’re a mage who runs and then does big casts and don’t rely on auto attacks at all, you still have to consider that as a low HP class you have to have good reflexes to dodge very deadly attacks at end game.

I’m talking Earth Tower enemies hitting over 3k damage and having 5~7 after you and just dying a million miles away due to high ping will eventually make you rage.

Those links are inaccurate. It’s giving me 250-300ms for east coast. Quite impossible considering my location is west europe.

Where? I dont know, from years of internet experience i guess?
True, the 120ms to an EU server was a guess, since I dont live in say Russia, myself. But its much closer guess then 20ms, I’d wager.

And yes, 20ms does assume a close proximity to the server location, which I likely would have if the server was EU and in either the netherlands or Germany. (the two most likely candidates)

No, those are very accurate I’m afraid.

It’s not all about how close your country is to the furthest shore of US East. For instance I would wager people in Iceland having much worse pings for US servers than EU people would, because of the amount of jumps their nets would have to do to reach them due to their somewhat separated location.

Never met many people online from Iceland though to confirm this, but my point is it’s not all about distance. Internet speeds play a role too and the amount of hops.

I know generally Iceland is considered part of EU but just using them as a theoretical example.

Sorry @forgotten_dreams it seems like you’ll be having a 200+ ping on the international Tree of Savior server. If no local EU server is provided that is.

yes east coast its bad for me i need eu…
but i still buy the early access for support imc…
i will buy the 10$ pack Because i change later to eu…
we get eu server after the 1month?
if we can change server then eu release i tihnk i buy the 50$ but i not think its happen…

No, I used someone else’s cloudping link and it did give me the (more) accurate data i was looking for.
I’ve always had around 120ms to us east coast, so I’d be pretty surprised if it did turn out to be 200ms…which is something I’d easily expect for west coast.

link: http://www.cloudping.info/

I can see it being an issue for someone that doesnt live in west~ or north europe, but for me 120ms is good enough. It still beats FFXIV where they had a ‘‘european’’ server that was actually located in west canada…

Enjoy the 200 ping for 50 euros (56.34 USD) then my friend.

Well, i m going to enjoy 335 ping for 50 dollars(Brazil)

1 Like

Enjoy the 335 ping for 50 dollars (181.20 Brazilian Real) my friend.

Where are people getting this idea of four servers for US? The only thing they have said is that the EA server will be in EST usa and that they are seriously looking into alternatives (read as: seeing if it’s viable) for EA for other areas.

I know. =) Already prepared! http://prntscr.com/ah0u55

Then I’ll be sure to enjoy the 120-130 (factual) ping for 30~ (since I probably wont be getting the more expensive founderpack).

I’m not sure if you realise, but countries like the UK, Germany, France, The Netherlands and Belgium actually do get decent ping to Eastcoast US servers…

140 ping isn’t decent for ToS. It isn’t decent for any online game.

The game was actually developed with pings of 50~60 in mind.

Where are people getting the idea that this is the American release?

I think the site says International Tree of Savior and has said that for years, not American Tree of Savior.

No one said it was, so tone down the snark. However, just as I stated–the initial server IS going to be located in EST USA.

Oh hey, and look just like I said other locations for the servers are still under debate.

There are several posts claiming that there are going to be four eastern servers in this thread, which is ridiculous. I was asking where in the world people had gotten that information. As far as I’ve seen/read it’s not true.

I have no idea what’s with your unpleasant attitude.

1 Like