Tree of Savior Forum

The early access needs an EU server

I’ll post here what I wrote on the other topic as well, to show my support for the EU server (since IMC says they always consider our feedback):

Regarding the EU server: I played in closed beta and had big delays. Having big delays makes you not have a fair gaming experience. I could live with that at least knowing that we can get a transfer (for money or for free) later on. But I’m not very keen to starting leveling up my characters and not knowing if I’ll lose all my progress and items.
For those reasons I’d like to at least have some clarity from IMC before the launch date so that I know if I should buy the packages or not and if it’s worth to start playing on an NA server.
What also bothers me is that I’m sure there will be more than 1 server for the launch and I know there are available servers in Europe as well so I can’t really see why should all servers be NA when this is an international release.
Then why not just call it naTOS and be done with it. It’s just not fair to always favor NA… we also pay, and we pay quite a lot and we deserve fair conditions.
Please IMC consider this, as you considered postponing the release date and the changing of the packages.

I always see that graphic, but you forgot something. That only means that beta players were mostly from this country, and that Eu had better ping than SA maybe.

However in reality, if beta could be accessed by anyone, Eu would have the most players. (Not to mention that Russia is considered Asia from a point.)

Apart from that, just watch other games. Almost everywhere, Eu servers are the most populated ones. Even in the world’s largest game, League of Legends: Eu server > NA server for population.

Those graphs don’t seem that reliable, hard to believe NA had bigger issues than EU considering the servers were NA. And maybe the fact that there were fewer Europeans has something to do with the fact that we didn’t have a EU server and the delay was so big in the cbt. I got stuck while casting spells frequently. Furthermore, it’s not all about quantity but also about quality.
And regarding other games, if we must compare, LOL has a EUW, a EUNE, a Turkish and a Russian server. And offered free transfer for the launching of these servers. Also I have 55 ping in EUW and I’m actually from EUNE. So I don’t understand ppl that say we should be happy with 200 ping. I can’t be happy with that and I shouldn’t be happy with that.

‘‘Eu servers are the most populated ones’’ where did you get this information? Say it to Tera EU…
‘‘However in reality, if beta could be accessed by anyone, Eu would have the most players.’’ where did you get this information?²

I have alot of respect for the Europeans, but some of you who comment in the forum are a bit narcissistic .

wir alle brauchen #eurotos !!!

What do you even mean concerns? The concerns are obvious: High ping, un- or borderline playable game. Why do need anyone to voice this for you?
You got a self-explanatory issue here, the ones who should be voicing the concerns and opinions are the developer team and IMC. Not the players.

Aside from that, there could be other different reasons for people wanting an EU server, and it’s nice that people can voice their concerns regarding that. It’s not as cookie-cutter for everyone here.

And also, voicing your concerns, in this case, also mean simply showing your support for an EU server. The more people reply, the more likely IMC will come to a positive decision for the people wanting the EU server

And I don’t exactly know why you’re focusing on that one particular phrase in the post. Does it bother you so much he redirected people to a different topic for if they have new concerns to address?

Name a few please. Because other than racism and hating everything that is located in the usa, i couldnt come up with anything else.
The server location matters only because of the connection and ping. Anything else should make absolutely no sense.

I’m not even one of the people really wanting an EU server, why do you expect me to come up with reasons. I’m simply saying that different people have different reasons for things. Not everyone is cookie-cutter the same in this regard

You do not need to be one of the people needing an EU server to underline your own words. You suggested there might be other reasons, that means to me that you yourself are aware of other reasons.
Im not aware of any other reasons, and frankly the notion seems really unhinged to me, but im perfectly willing to listen. I might learn something new, thats why im asking.

And again, I have no particular examples of different reasons. I stay out of most of the EU talk. But considering this thread has 374 posts (375 when I’ve posted this one), I am certain there are plenty of people who have wanted to voice their concerns, whether it be new reasons, specific reasons, or the exact same general reason as everyone else.

Like I said before, it’s important to make your voice heard, even if you don’t have something particularly new to say, when it concerns something like this. Because the amount of ‘noise’ people make is pretty proportional to the priority of the issue when IMC is in internal debate. If only one person were to ask for an EU server and voice his concerns, IMC probably wouldn’t even consider it

I can give you one more reason. Playing with people that are more or less on your time zone, maybe?
I don’t think anyone was racist towards USA, but it’s normal for EU to want its own server, as NA would want its own server if IMC would decide to only open EU servers for the launch. It’s not like we are asking to shut down the NA servers. What I don’t understand is why NA is bothered by a EU server.

Time zone is a good argument, though slightly off because everyone is going to play NA (by the current looks of things), so time zone should not affect you since you will have ppl from your time zone no matter what.
Now… If there are NA time gated events however, that would be indeed an issue, which is actually a great argument for an EU server. Ofc we do not know whether or not such scripts/events/cycles are in the game, but if there are, then your concerns are validated fully.

You dont really seem to understand what im writing but fine…

It is said by developers… They must be lying! :slight_smile: Tera is not counting, it’s basicly a desert compared to the most popular games. I’m talking about Riot/Blizzard here. Riot is always stating that the biggest server is EU by far.

Continuing the discussion from The early access needs an EU server:

We definitely need a region locked EU server. Honestly, I don’t want to be forced to play with people from every single part of the globe. It’s just going to be a huge mess.

‘‘We definitely need a region locked EU server. Honestly, I don’t want to
be forced to play with people from every single part of the globe.’’ It’s a international server…

@athem ‘‘It is said by developers…’’ i don’t find this information anywhere…

I have played hundreds of MMOs. Here’s a couple of very good reasons why separate servers on a different continent are really important. Especially region locked ones.

• Ping. It’s very important that everyone can have a smooth and stable connection to the game.

• Language. I’m sure all of you Americans don’t want to hear me speaking all my European languages as much as I don’t want to see people speaking Spanish because I can’t get anything out of seeing that. It doesn’t add anything to the game at all to see people speaking in languages that you do not understand.

• No overcrowding. It’s nice to play with friends and strangers but if we’re all forced to play in the one place it’s going to get too crowded and laggy no matter what.

• The choice. It’s nice to feel wanted and to feel that you have the choice and that the developers care about people from other regions, enough to know that we get our own server.

• Cultural differences. A lot of things that Americans/Asians/etc (i.e. different cultures and continents) care about is different to what Europeans/etc. care about. It’s nice to have servers with people with whom you are more familiar with their culture and background.

• Localised support. It’s very important to get support in your own language and this is easier if we have support people working in servers that are specific to our cultures and demographics.

• Because you have no good reason why there shouldn’t be more servers. Too little servers is a bad thing. So is too many but adding a few EU servers to fix the issues I explained above isn’t going to hurt anyone. There’s already a huge majority of Americans playing already so you are going to have plenty of people to play with if us Europeans decide we want to play with other Europeans.

1 Like

‘‘What I don’t understand is why NA is bothered by a EU server.’’ Spamming the whole forum asking for a European server , and they already have said that they will discuss about it …

1 Like

No one is forcing you to read these posts. Just give us what we want and we’ll stop asking!

1 Like

No one is forcing you to read my comments. Just give me what i want and i will stop complaining! =)